Bill Callahan announces that Dwayne Haskins will make first NFL start Sunday vs Bills

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s certainly played well at times. He does have a pretty long resume of mediocrity though. Flacco has been brilliant at times too. I’d sign up to play against a “Flacco-led” team 16 times a year.

oh no, the postmortem has started already....  :(

Wow.  A ton of folks here already giving the Bills the "W".  I'll admit, I like the news, too, but, we've seen this happen before.  A team with no business winning a game against BUF or it's dog fight to the end.

I myself, am trying not to jinx it.  Let's just get to 6-2.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What is mcds record vs rookie qbs?

I honestly don't think he has faced a rookie QB since he became HC.  Am I missing someone?  I feel like I am.

EDIT:

2nd Jets game last year.  I thought Darnold missed both games but he only missed the first one.

So he is 0-1 vs rookie QBs.

Edited by The Wiz

I’ve seen too many rookies come in and look good to start until teams get enough film on them. Plus if the rest of the Redskins like the kid they are going to give that little extra. 

This doesn’t change my opinion on the game. It’s not like the starter was Brady or Brees. Heck look what Teddy did with NO.

2 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

Wow.  A ton of folks here already giving the Bills the "W".  I'll admit, I like the news, too, but, we've seen this happen before.  A team with no business winning a game against BUF or it's dog fight to the end.

I myself, am trying not to jinx it.  Let's just get to 6-2.

"all the Bills have to do is....'

17 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Should resemble much like that of the Giants game. We are the better team across the board and it will show. The Miami game was a fluke division game where fitz played pretty well for most of it. Philly is a better team then their record showed. Bills will win this one big and everyone will be back on the wagon and shouting superbowl again...

I agree 100% with your take! 

Hopefully this won't be one of those instances where an inexperienced/backup QB catches fire. We've seen that happen before.

Read some stuff the other day that said Haskins has really struggled to learn the playbook. So much so that they're having trouble finding ways to teach him. I don't think that bodes well for their game plan, seems like they'll be limited to pretty standard/basic designs. Bills should be ready.