Bill Callahan announces that Dwayne Haskins will make first NFL start Sunday vs Bills

YoloinOhio

I'm happy for this announcement. Living in Houston, there's a strong following for Case. I think he's more dangerous than many think, so I'm glad he's sitting. I felt he was worth keeping in Minnesota and look at what Denver has done since they parted ways.

Anyways, welcome to the NFL, kid. I hope you get a chance to meet our #1 pick on the field this Sunday!

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Bills and comfortable don't go together 

Good point. Still the D should be pissed from the last two weeks. If the Miami game taught the Bills anything, its don't let a weak opponent hang around. I don't expect a huge blowout but the Bills better be in control of this game from the start. I still say 24-10 with the Skins TD coming late in the 4th quarter to make the score appear closer then the game will be.

9 minutes ago, Estro said:

The Bills just won the game.  Haskins is awful.  In the game appearances I've seen of him this year he looks absolutely lost.  No chance he can lead that team to a win in Buffalo this Sunday.

You need to keep in mind the context of which he was asked to play. He was put in mid game both times with no practice or prep with the 1st team. He’s raw and inexperienced but he’s dropped back to pass a total of 30 times. Not much to go on. I don’t think he will ultimately succeed against the Bills D but I think he will look better than he has previously just given that he actually had an opportunity to practice with the 1s. 

Keenum sucks and there was a lot of film on him to know how to take advantage of his weaknesses. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Should resemble much like that of the Giants game. We are the better team across the board and it will show. The Miami game was a fluke division game where fitz played pretty well for most of it. Philly is a better team then their record showed. Bills will win this one big and everyone will be back on the wagon and shouting superbowl again...

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Should resemble much like that of the Giants game. We are the better team across the board and it will show. The Miami game was a fluke division game where fitz played pretty well for most of it. Philly is a better team then their record showed. Bills will win this one big and everyone will be back on the wagon and shouting superbowl again...

What is more important to know though is whether or not Allen passes for 300 yards

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

You need to keep in mind the context of which he was asked to play. He was put in mid game both times with no practice or prep with the 1st team. He’s raw and inexperienced but he’s dropped back to pass a total of 30 times. Not much to go on. I don’t think he will ultimately succeed against the Bills D but I think he will look better than he has previously just given that he actually had an opportunity to practice with the 1s. 

Keenum sucks and there was a lot of film on him to know how to take advantage of his weaknesses. 

too late for film to get ready, teams need the entire offseason apparently to make it stick

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I’m in the minority and an admitted OSU homer but I’d prefer Keenum. I preferred Eli to Daniel Jones for the same reason. Give me the less talented guy with a resume of mediocrity (or in Eli’s case washed up). I don’t think it will matter this week but I’m positive Keenum wouldn’t beat us. 

He looked good against Vikings until concussion. 

Like I said about the Dolphins game- these QB decisions shouldn’t matter, or we really are nothing.. that being said, the best part of this is that Callahan and co have absolutely no confidence in this kid. They will have a very 1 dimensional, vanilla offense. Hopefully we can stop the run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Bills can’t lose now..........

Right????????

yeah, it's the NFL, not like bad things happen on the way to a game that the fans have deemed a cakewalk already

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, watch this kid come in and light it up and put up good #s. If the Bills D allows this rookie to beat them I will be highly upset.

i wouldn't bet on it, i would laugh out loud until it reached the tipping point for a loss

4 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

He looked good against Vikings until concussion. 

He’s certainly played well at times. He does have a pretty long resume of mediocrity though. Flacco has been brilliant at times too. I’d sign up to play against a “Flacco-led” team 16 times a year.