Philly fans really are the worst

Dan Darragh

We had a couple of Philly Jabronis show up at our Atlanta Bills Bar this past weekend. Loud, obnoxious, and flagrant. Apparently they have been "traveling" to the opposition's club bar each week all season. In the long run, they ended up being decent sports. They werent serious about the trash they talked and could laugh at themselves when we burned them back.

BUT... It was still really annoying. I go to the bar to watch the game. Not have to be "on" to spar, and have a couple of idiots steal the show and make it about them.

They're lucky that most of us in the club are 30-40s and with kids nowadays. Had they tried that crap in 2012 it would have been a much different outcome.

26 minutes ago, Yav said:

I’ve been to a few stadiums to see the Bills and the absolute worse was KC....

When we were in Nashville for the Tenn game, talking to the Titans fans around us and chatting about going to other stadiums, they all said that KC was the worst environment they had ever been in. Same story. Lots of attacks and violence.

Friggin mid-westerners...

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

My visit to the Ralph for the Eagles game was a challenge.  Never mind the 40 mph winds, the rain, the massive lines at the refreshment stands (for which I missed a Bills TD) or the fact that the Bills got crushed.

The place was infested with Eagles fans.  And I have to say that these were some of the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen.  I expect them to celebrate when their team does well but they were constantly sticking it in our faces and doing their level best to remove any remaining enjoyment from the outing for Bills fans.

The only reason these guys didn't get their faces pushed in is that Buffalo people are nice.  The Philly fans lived up to - maybe exceeded - their woeful reputation.

We aren't all that nice.  Case in point, my former neighbor dropped one of those a--holes in the parking lot after the game.  The guy was an idiot and one of his friends admitted as much.  Unfortunately this parking lot action was better than the game.  Hope we are ready to play this week.  Go Bills!

5 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Remember when the NE fan punched at NYJ female fan in the face. All over news few years back. All opposing fans suck. What sucks mores is when the Bills suck and that's the real reason you are mad! On to Washington.

The Jets fan (male) punched a female Patriots fan 

1 hour ago, Marv Levy said:

I think it is Torts! He was an assistant coach for the Sabres back then.

Yeah he was with the org for a while back then. He’s always been feisty!

I was all over that ‘04 TB Lightning bandwagon, always liked Tortarella, and was very happy to see big Dave A finally hoist the cup. Always respected the fact that he went to a middling team and helped captain them to a title, as opposed to the guys that go to a stacked sure thing to get a ring, ie Ray Borque.

• Like (+1) 1

Not to pay devil's advocate... but at a Bills-Dolphins game in Buffalo, I recall dudes rudely heckling and throwing bear cans at a man walking along in his Phins shirt... and his 8-10 yo son. Kind of nasty. And it was after the game, and the Bills had squished the fish. 

Of course I saw Bills & Patriot fans (pre-Brady era though) having fun together and sliding in the mud ha ha. Point is there are idiots everywhere, but yeah, not hard to believe some places are worst and Philly tops the list.

45 minutes ago, T_Thomas said:

The Jets fan (male) punched a female Patriots fan 

Her right as a woman to not get punched in the face was predicated on her standing to the side while the fight happens.  Once she decides to jump into the fray, all bets are off.

6 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Upstate NY Eagles fans from CNY area that jumped on the bandwagon after McNabb (Syracuse) was drafted by them are also the WORST. 

It’s SAD they never had a team prior to that moment. 

the Vermeil years brought good to great moments

the most amusing incident was a WC playoff game where they put their punter in to kick FGs and of course he biffed in his big moment

Just now, KD in CA said:

Her right as a woman to not get punched in the face was predicated on her standing to the side while the fight happens.  Once she decides to jump into the fray, all bets are off.

the question under oath will be "and just what were you intending to do when you threw a punch at someone in a public place?"

10 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Imagine living among them. 

I did for 7 years and attended a few Bills-Iggles games at the Vet.  Absolutely brutal people.  I learned after the first visit not to wear Bills stuff.  I mean, they used to have a jail in the Vet - that should tell you all you need to know.  

6 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I did for 7 years and attended a few Bills-Iggles games at the Vet.  Absolutely brutal people.  I learned after the first visit not to wear Bills stuff.  I mean, they used to have a jail in the Vet - that should tell you all you need to know.  

that let you sober up and think a bit before they had to resort to a downtown Philly jail cell for the night

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

to me this was Lindy's biggest pissed moment...

the good ole days...

Damn, this clip has it all, including an Andy Van Hellemond cameo!

Schonny, Ruff & the gang, vintage Isles at Nassau, man, I loved 80s to mid-90s NHL. The league is so sanitized now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember Philly great Mike Schmidt laughing about the fans in Philadelphia. Schmidt said that the fans were obnoxious, and that they even booed him when he struck out in batting practice!

That's their thing. They boo everything.....when they beat the Patriots it was kind of bittersweet because I loathe the Patriots,  but live in Eagles country which pretty much was insufferable for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Damn, this clip has it all, including an Andy Van Hellemond cameo!

Schonny, Ruff & the gang, vintage Isles at Nassau, man, I loved 80s to mid-90s NHL. The league is so sanitized now.

every youtube clip of Rangers/Isles/Flyers game from the 70s and 80s makes me curse being stuck with HNIC productions.

and Fotiu has dropped the gloves....

6 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, but I’m willing to bet many “Eagles Fans” at the Ralph were Western NY/Upstate NY bandwagon type fans. Those kinds are always the worst. 

People still don’t realize that the majority of opposing teams’ fans at Bills home games are Canadians who have randomly picked a team to root for.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, metzelaars_lives said:

People still don’t realize that the majority of opposing teams’ fans at Bills home games are Canadians who have randomly picked a team to root for.  

hasn't been an exciting reason to go since.... 1993?

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's their thing. They boo everything.....when they beat the Patriots it was kind of bittersweet because I loathe the Patriots,  but live in Eagles country which pretty much was insufferable for a while. 

The 99 draft...and their welcoming of Donovon McNabb! ouch! When McNabbs name was announced as the Eagles 1st pick...the boos were really heard. McNabb looked a little rattled.

Edited by Rocket94

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

saw those guys..i am row 135 row 22 right on the aisle next to 136..told my Eagle friend " thats why people get get in fights..cheer your team all you want, but you dont have to be in others peoples faces about it" He agreed, and did seem like they calmed down fast..good job!

BTW, he was kinda bummed when he saw all the Eagle fans out Saturday night, and he thinks they can be pricks too and he just wanted to come up and party with Bills Mafia

Holy crap that's awesome that you saw my response and remembered those fools!!! I was getting pretty pissed with them lol but I just kept thinking a night in jail isn't worth it bahaha I can handle normal behavior but cussing like that in front of kids gets me upset the kids aren't there to be taught to be degenerates by strangers imo lol I'll tell ya the Giants fans weren't much different when I went to that game this year, there was an old dude 2 rows back who was cursing Eli and the coaching staff and the defense to the high heavens and even his own kind were telling him to stop, the guy had families all around him some people are just rude and don't give a f. I digress anyhow GO BILLS