Philly fans really are the worst

Dan Darragh

My visit to the Ralph for the Eagles game was a challenge.  Never mind the 40 mph winds, the rain, the massive lines at the refreshment stands (for which I missed a Bills TD) or the fact that the Bills got crushed.

The place was infested with Eagles fans.  And I have to say that these were some of the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen.  I expect them to celebrate when their team does well but they were constantly sticking it in our faces and doing their level best to remove any remaining enjoyment from the outing for Bills fans.

The only reason these guys didn't get their faces pushed in is that Buffalo people are nice.  The Philly fans lived up to - maybe exceeded - their woeful reputation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I must say, of all the fans I’ve encountered here in the UK at the London games, Eagles fans were the most obnoxious and unsociable.

However, they were dealt with in an un-Buffalo way. A quick “shut up you bellends” in a gruff northern English accent did the trick that time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

My visit to the Ralph for the Eagles game was a challenge.  Never mind the 40 mph winds, the rain, the massive lines at the refreshment stands (for which I missed a Bills TD) or the fact that the Bills got crushed.

The place was infested with Eagles fans.  And I have to say that these were some of the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen.  I expect them to celebrate when their team does well but they were constantly sticking it in our faces and doing their level best to remove any remaining enjoyment from the outing for Bills fans.

The only reason these guys didn't get their faces pushed in is that Buffalo people are nice.  The Philly fans lived up to - maybe exceeded - their woeful reputation.

I was there too and I have to agree, I was 136 row 23 seats 6 and 7, I brought a good friend of mine who's an eagles fan so we could see our teams slug it out in the rain. There was a group of eagles fans in the row below us. They were a family of about 5 an uncle and the dad plus 3 of their sons(their kids seemed to be mid to late 20s) and every time we had a good play or scored they kept screaming buffalo effin sucks at the top of their lungs with children right below them and to their side?

Needless to say myself and the other bills fans(young and very old) were getting fed up with it and a few buffalo fans got in their face because they were nudging into us on purpose and getting a kick out of it. I told the scum bags "keep it up and there's gonna be a fight today boys and they looked surprised so I told em "the Ralph takes a person or 2 every year you don't let it be you" and they shut up pretty quick because their eldest group member agreed with me and told them to stop. And then they had quarters and pennies thrown by the handful at them shortly thereafter ?

Not by me might I add

Edited by BillsBlue
  • Like (+1) 3

I have been to Philadelphia for other sporting events besides football and yeah I have to agree they are the worst fans imaginable. Rude, obnoxious, vulgar. Much more so than even patriots or cowboy fans. Thank god we only have to deal with them every 4 yrs.

Remember when the NE fan punched at NYJ female fan in the face. All over news few years back. All opposing fans suck. What sucks mores is when the Bills suck and that's the real reason you are mad! On to Washington.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

2 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

I was there too and I have to agree, I was 136 row 23 seats 6 and 7, I brought a good friend of mine who's an eagles fan so we could see our teams slug it out in the rain. There was a group of eagles fans in the row below us. They were a family of about 5 an uncle and the dad plus 3 of their sons(their kids seemed to be mid to late 20s) and every time we had a good play or scored they kept screaming buffalo effin sucks at the top of their lungs with children right below them and to their side?

Needless to say myself and the other bills fans(young and very old) were getting fed up with it and a few buffalo fans got in their face because they were nudging into us on purpose and getting a kick out of it. I told the scum bags "keep it up and there's gonna be a fight today boys and they looked surprised so I told em "the Ralph takes a person or 2 every year you don't let it be you" and they shut up pretty quick because their eldest group member agreed with me and told them to stop. And then they had quarters and pennies thrown by the handful at them shortly thereafter ?

Not by me might I add

Yea, no one is actually looking to fight, they run their mouth until someone tells them shut up and that's usually the end of it. Crying about it on message board is no way to respond. If you sit there and cry, they win on & off the field. Pay the extra for club if you don't want to deal with this. 

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

So Eagles fans love giving Bills fans the bird? Can we give them some Buffalo chips in return? 

• Like (+1) 1