So how many did you get?

Just Jack

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

75-80.  Turned the lights off at 8PM.  We were under a tornado watch till 11PM, nothing happened except some wind and later rain, but it may have cleared things out early?

‘Under a tornado watch’... what a great way to turn off the lights and horde the candy for yourself!  ??  I have a friend that will be calling this excuse into the local media to get out of buying candy.

2 hours ago, notwoz said:

Here in the Washington DC suburb of Herndon, we had eight kids.  Our weather was rainy and windy. 

I'm in Annandale and we missed the storm until about 9:00, which was great for the kids.  We had a lighter turnout than usual it seemed, however.  Probably a group of kids every five minutes or so, from 6:30-8:30...50 total.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Fire free, I hope!

Don’t melt that chocolate! 

God bless all those facing and fighting that horror. 

If only they weren't so lazy and raked their leaves......

Didn't have anyone show up until my kids got back around 6:30, probably 20-30 total all between 6:30 & 7:30. Wind was really bad after 6:30 and it was raining the whole time

8 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I worked late, wife left a bowl out, big costco bag.  Course when I got home there were 5 left. Might have been 2 kids or 100.

One year we left a bowl full of candy out with a note to take responsibly, then went to a party. We returned to find the actual bowl had been taken....hopefully responsibly. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

30. I was shocked there were so many as it was raining hard.

The rest of the candy is going to the nursing home.  The last thing I need is a box of Platters chocolate suckers sitting on the dining room table. That will be eaten quickly (by me) if not given away asap.

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Trick or treaters that is. New house for us, so we weren't sure how much to buy. Busy street, we know there are kids in the area, and there are sidewalks, so no walking in the road. Got two 150 piece bags from Costco, had a total of two T&Ters. One bag we didn't open so we'll return that. The other will go to work with me tomorrow. 

One of my wife's sisters texted that due to the weather, where she lives they declared T&T would be moved to Friday night. How does a town do that? I'd still have my kids out tonight and ignore any tomorrow. 

Gonna guess over 100. We bought a bag of 365 pieces and went through most as we give the kids 2-3 at a time.

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

One year we left a bowl full of candy out with a note to take responsibly, then went to a party. We returned to find the bowl had been taken....hopefully responsibly. 

Wife probably put out 130 of 150 mini bars. I have to talk to her though. If those left some are almond joy and those mint patties. You need to be selective in what you keep.

Our neighborhood in Florida had Halloween for kids AND adults. We had golf carts for 36 holes, plus they would bring in additional truck loads of golf carts. HUNDREDS of golf carts bumper to bumper carrying people from house to house (they were big lots). You never knocked on a door.  They would spend a month building a haunted house in the garage and set up “stations” in their driveways. One house might have Snickers bars, but the next might have a taco station and margaritas with a live band. It was AWESOME! 

At an appointed hour, the streets became deserted as everyone went to the clubhouse where they had a feast to go with DJ’s and costume contests. It was the best day of the year!!!  And......... you never had to put a parka over your kids costume! 

I have distinct memories of being a trick or treater in WNY, and having to bulk up with a full winter jacket and what not b/c it was so freaking cold on Halloween night.  Kind of ruined the costume concept b/c we had winter coats on over the costumes.  LOL

I live in a gated community in FL.  The weather was gorgeous and we got the usual batch of small kids.  Like 15 of them maybe.

Zero.  T n T was cancelled due to weather and shifted to Saturday.

Last year we had 200.

Our neighborhood is VERY popular

Update.. 225 on Saturday night..

The time was set for 5:30  to 7:30..

There were zero after  7:00

Edited by LewPort71

4 hours ago, Augie said:

One year we left a bowl full of candy out with a note to take responsibly, then went to a party. We returned to find the bowl had been taken....hopefully responsibly. 

I keep the bowl outside and stay outside with it to hand candy out.  It's just easier with the cats.  Last year, I went inside for a bit and saw a car pulling up.  So I started to make my way out and saw two teenage girls by the bowl, then one of them grabbing it and running toward the waiting car.  I ran out and yelled, "hey!"  They laughed, put it down and drove off.

Since it was such a slow night last night, I was just telling kids to "take a handful."  One kid (about 10) puts his bucket down and goes in with two hands grabbing a ridiculous amount of candy.  I said, "come on .. one handful."  He listened.  Didn't thank me and gave me a dirty look as he walked away.  Parents saw the whole thing go down and didn't say a word.

We do not get a lot but there have been rare times when we seem to be flooded with kids so we never know how much to buy.

My wife decided this year to just buy items we (she) like so she bought Mounds and Almond Joys.

We got none and guessing it may be due to weather but it could have been lack of decorations; previous years we would have had Jack O'Lanterns and my Deadskin scarecrow but we are too busy this year.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I keep the bowl outside and stay outside with it to hand candy out.  It's just easier with the cats.  Last year, I went inside for a bit and saw a car pulling up.  So I started to make my way out and saw two teenage girls by the bowl, then one of them grabbing it and running toward the waiting car.  I ran out and yelled, "hey!"  They laughed, put it down and drove off.

Since it was such a slow night last night, I was just telling kids to "take a handful."  One kid (about 10) puts his bucket down and goes in with two hands grabbing a ridiculous amount of candy.  I said, "come on .. one handful."  He listened.  Didn't thank me and gave me a dirty look as he walked away.  Parents saw the whole thing go down and didn't say a word.

I didn’t realize you could be such a meany! 

It was crazy slow here. Out of about 75 houses full of old farts, only one has a kid high school age or younger.  We have a service that does all the mow, blow and go landscape maintenance here. They usually bring all their kids in by the van-load and take home a haul! Some jerk must have complained because we got NONE of that traffic. On top of that it was cold and wet. The doorbell rang only twice, and I had enough candy for an orphanage! I took it to my mom’s retirement home today to get it out of the house. They were VERY thankful. 

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Under a tornado watch’... what a great way to turn off the lights and horde the candy for yourself!  ??  I have a friend that will be calling this excuse into the local media to get out of buying candy.

You know how that goes, the forecast never comes true, so people tend to ignore them till the big one eventually shows up.  If I see Jim Cantore on my street I know we're in deep sh*t.

• Haha (+1) 1