So how many did you get?

Just Jack

Trick or treaters that is. New house for us, so we weren't sure how much to buy. Busy street, we know there are kids in the area, and there are sidewalks, so no walking in the road. Got two 150 piece bags from Costco, had a total of two T&Ters. One bag we didn't open so we'll return that. The other will go to work with me tomorrow. 

One of my wife's sisters texted that due to the weather, where she lives they declared T&T would be moved to Friday night. How does a town do that? I'd still have my kids out tonight and ignore any tomorrow. 

I got maybe 300+ pieces of the good stuff. Rain and wind, and the doorbell ring twice. I’ll take left overs to the park tomorrow if the weather is decent enough for people to show up and appreciate. My wife will INSIST it get out of the house. 

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

None.  We went to friends house in one of the ‘hoods with lots of houses and no hills.

Fire free, I hope!

Don’t melt that chocolate! 

God bless all those facing and fighting that horror. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 and they came as pairs so it felt like even less. I'd blame the weather but I'm guessing I'm in an older neighborhood as we didn't have all that many last year either. Which is fine by me as like that it's quiet after dark. Yet as a diabetic that extra candy in the house going to be tough to resist as adore chocolate.

Edited by The Jokeman

Zero.

I live in a village with houses close together, but my street is on a hillside. On my side of the street you have to climb a flight of stairs to get to the front door, so the kids don’t bother. 

Sometimes we we get a few kids from the neighborhood, but it was pouring rain yesterday evening so they didn’t bother. About a block away from us they get inundated because the ground is flat so no stairs are involved. 

Here in the Washington DC suburb of Herndon, we had eight kids. All from our street (a short cul-de-sac). That's a bit light, but not by much. Our weather was rainy and windy. Seems like neighborhood kids pass our street in favor of the busier streets nearby. The leftover candy goes into the trash this morning so that I'm not tempted to cause my blood sugar levels to rise to catastrophic proportions.

7 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Here in the Washington DC suburb of Herndon, we had eight kids. All from our street (a short cul-de-sac). That's a bit light, but not by much. Our weather was rainy and windy. Seems like neighborhood kids pass our street in favor of the busier streets nearby. The leftover candy goes into the trash this morning so that I'm not tempted to cause my blood sugar levels to rise to catastrophic proportions.

We always buy candy so that we are prepared even though we rarely get trick or treaters.  I used to take the leftover candy to work, and I would just put it on a counter in the office kitchenette.  This year I don’t work anymore, but my child bride has a couple more years of work to go so she’ll bring it in.   She teaches at a high school, so I don’t think she’ll have a problem getting rid of it. 

We usually get at least 20-30.

Last night, we got about 7-8.  

That means that I won't need to buy much, if any, candy next year.

it also means that next year's trick or treaters will be getting year-old candy.

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

We always buy candy so that we are prepared even though we rarely get trick or treaters.  I used to take the leftover candy to work, and I would just put it on a counter in the office kitchenette.  This year I don’t work anymore, but my child bride has a couple more years of work to go so she’ll bring it in.   She teaches at a high school, so I don’t think she’ll have a problem getting rid of it. 

I used to take my leftover candy to work. But I've retired and my wife works from home. So I decided that I don't need the temptation hanging around the house.

• Like (+1) 1