Trent Williams- Medical Problem- Cancerous Growth in Head

Here is the link to why Trent was so pissed at the Skins medical staff.  

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/0ap3000001071692/article/trent-williams-says-he-had-cancerous-growth-removed

If I were him I would have done the same.  They knew about this for five years and if it went longer, he could have died or had very serious complications.  Team medical staffs are a very important part of the organization and I think we as fans underestimate the trauma that these guys may go through. Instead everyone is concentrated on the money they make and the performance they have on the field. 

We forget that these are men with wives, kids and parents who depend on them, love them and need them. I think society in general has lost its touch with humanity and wants to continually judge performance and value it over relationship.  That's kind of sad.

Latest update on story:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-nflpa-to-investigate-trent-williams-situation-redskins-likely-to-trade-pro-bowler-in-2020/

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Here is the link to why Trent was so pissed at the Skins medical staff.  

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/0ap3000001071692/article/trent-williams-says-he-had-cancerous-growth-removed

If I were him I would have done the same.  They knew about this for five years and if it went longer, he could have died or had very serious complications.  Team medical staffs are a very important part of the organization and I think we as fans underestimate the trauma that these guys may go through. Instead everyone is concentrated on the money they make and the performance they have on the field. 

We forget that these are men with wives, kids and parents who depend on them, love them and need them. I think society in general has lost its touch with humanity and wants to continually judge performance and value it over relationship.  That's kind of sad.

Wait a second. When you say "they knew about this for five years" are you suggesting the Skins knew it was cancer and kept him in the dark? 

Unfortunately things are missed every day in the world. Agreed with the part about family and what's really important, but after the thing is growing on his head at some point you'd think he'd see a second doctor. Dermatologist, something. 

Cripes I just googled "lump on my head for three years getting larger" and skin cancer is numero uno.

In related news, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and am now certain I have skin cancer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Wait a second. When you say "they knew about this for five years" are you suggesting the Skins knew it was cancer and kept him in the dark? 

Unfortunately things are missed every day in the world. Agreed with the part about family and what's really important, but after the thing is growing on his head at some point you'd think he'd see a second doctor. Dermatologist, something. 

Cripes I just googled "lump on my head for three years getting larger" and skin cancer is numero uno.

In related news, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and am now certain I have skin cancer.

get well soon ?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t know about this condition nor did I stay at at holiday inn express last night... but it feels like with constant access to world class medical professionals that a growth would get earlier follow up. 6 years feels like a long time. But there could be a lot of simple explanations.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t know about this condition nor did I stay at at holiday inn express last night... but it feels like with constant access to world class medical professionals that a growth would get earlier follow up. 6 years feels like a long time. But there could be a lot of simple explanations.

I can't begin to imagine how the Redskins' staff dermatologist could have possibly misdiagnosed this.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It was actually his spleen that was the problem.

• Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I can't begin to imagine how the Redskins' staff dermatologist could have possibly misdiagnosed this.  

One might think that the team doctor might’ve recommended a referral option?

but you do you, Tom.

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

One might think that the team doctor might’ve recommended a referral option?

but you do you, Tom.

Most doctors will send you to a dermatologist if you have a mole, let alone some strange growth on your head that's been growing for 6 years.

• Like (+1) 2