Steelers win Sunday gives them same playoff probably as bills?

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

last time was what, 1992 Playoffs??

Yes, and the last regular season win in Pitt was 1975 (big day for OJ — 227 yards). They have played a pretty fair number of times at Pitt over the decades, and there have been many curb stompings. They are 1-2 in the postseason there. They won in 1992 and lost 40-21 in 1995 and 32-14 in 1974.

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes, and the last regular season win in Pitt was 1975 (big day for OJ — 227 yards). They have played a pretty fair number of times at Pitt over the decades, and there have been many curb stompings. They are 1-2 in the postseason there. They won in 1992 and lost 40-21 in 1995 and 32-14 in 1974.

Juice said the Steelers D was perfectly in proper place on every play, so he was able to assume this and gain extra yards with counter moves

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

They are both 2 games back of division lead and lost to their division leader.

so winning the division they could have similar odds if you say buffalo can easily win next weekend at Clevrland with New England on bye.

buffalo is 2games ahead of the wild card spots now.

5-2 is 1.5 games ahead of 4-4

15 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Probabilities blah. Get to 10 wins you are in without help. 

Lol, always love that statement.  In reality unless you go 16-0 you kinda had help according to the way people use it.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

5-2 is 1.5 games ahead of 4-4

Its also figured on their ability to win the division.

Oh

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills have the easiest schedule I've ever seen. They have five quite bad teams on tap: Miami, the Jets, the Redskins, Denver, and the Browns. They also have to play one great team on the road, 1 pretty good team at home (Baltimore), and one so-so team with a very inexperienced QB who looks to be about as generic as it gets (Rudolph).  I think Miami, the Jets, the Redskins, and Denver are locks. The Browns is a winnable game but tougher, although the Bills have far better coaching. 

Pittsburgh has to play Indy, the Rams, and the Ravens. They also have AZ on the road, and AZ is not bad. 

The Bills are more likely to get to ten wins than Pittsburgh.

Phins will have righted the ship by the time we play them, Browns certainly will have righted their ship by the time we play them.  Every game is a game.   Looking past the Redskins is a mistake.  if Some Eagles nobody tore em up last Sunday, wait til AP sees those holes.  

One game at a time boys. 

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Lol, always love that statement.  In reality unless you go 16-0 you kinda had help according to the way people use it.

Its also figured on their ability to win the division.

winning percentage might be the deciding factor in the NFL standings, with ties and all

it is for baseball, you can be in first place due to winning pct yet 2 games "behind the leader"

Whatever the ESPN stat is trying to say, if it says there are equal chances to make the playoffs it is plainly wrong.  Right now the Bills playoff odds are 63% at 538 which is a great stat site.  Pittsburgh is at 26%.  These odd include the ability to win the division, i.e., different pathways to a playoff spot, which is why the Bills odds are as low as they are as catching NE is almost impossible at this point.  But if the Bills and Steelers both win Sunday, both teams' odds will improve.  Steelers may jump to 35%, and Bills to 70%.  So the delta for Pittsburgh might improve more (9% to 7%), but no way in absolute terms the odds of making the playoffs are the same.  That simply does not make walking around sense when the Steelers would be 2 games back of the Bills.

22 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

it hasn't happened often, but there are some 10 win teams that missed the playoffs.  

In 2008 the Pats had 11 wins and didn’t make the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

so without Ben and a worse winning pct they are equal to the Bills?

Keep your seat we will find out when the sun goes down on 12/15.

Ummmm....Pittsburgh is not good.  I don’t think they are making the playoffs. Best guess at this point. 

AFCE: Pats

AFCN: Ravens

AFCS: Texans/Colts

AFCW: Chiefs

WC: Between: Bills, Texans/Colts, Browns

But I guess anything can happen!

47 minutes ago, dubs said:

Ummmm....Pittsburgh is not good.  I don’t think they are making the playoffs. Best guess at this point. 

AFCE: Pats

AFCN: Ravens

AFCS: Texans/Colts

AFCW: Chiefs

WC: Between: Bills, Texans/Colts, Browns

But I guess anything can happen!

I disagree.  Rudolph started out the last game poorly which enabled the Phins to keep the game close but once he got himself turned around and started throwing well, he was throwing dimes.  James Conner is a beast -- and unlike the Bills, the Steelers use their running game a lot to take the pressure off their newbie QB.  The defense is solid this season, especially with the additions of Minkah Fitzpatrick and rookie Devin Bush.