Josh Gordon released off IR

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...is it fair to say that the difference in attitude towards the game, AJ vs Gordon is "night and day"?.....Gordon just can't seem to get his head screwed on......"Plexiglass" Buress, of course AB and Martavis Bryant come to mind......

Spot on- the list of prima donnas is long

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Depends. Does he have good football character? Not sure.

None of the rest of it matters if he doesn’t. If he’s still haunted by his substance abuse ghosts and isn’t managing them as required, then I submit he is incapable of the requisite football character required. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

None of the rest of it matters if he doesn’t. If he’s still haunted by his substance abuse ghosts and isn’t managing them as required, then I submit he is incapable of the requisite football character required. 

Yeah I just think McD doesn’t want a guy who isn’t committed to team football goals. In his past he definitely didn’t fit that profile. No idea if he’s changed but it’s rare for that kind of personality switch to happen 

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure he’s lost a step. Belichick isn’t letting a decent WR go like that if he can play. 

The trade for Sanu committed a significant  resource for another slot receiver.  I think this is telling for what they believe is the right offensive focus given Brady’s current skill sets.  Gordon is less valuable to them.  Could just be that they feel they can get more production from another position.  Could also be that Gordon is just not what he was.  He would certainly be worth a look.

• Like (+1) 2

I have a few questions

#1 How are the feet ?

#2 How do you feel about modern NFL helmets?

#3 Does it always need to be your way?

#4  Been to Buffalo lately and do you like the place?

#5 Any ex girl friends and do they like you?

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I have some questions

#1 How are the feet, any frostbite?

#2 How do you feel about modern NFL helmets?

#3 Does it always need to be your way?

#4  Been to Buffalo lately, Do you like the place?

#5 Any ex girl friends? Do they like you?

image.png.3fe36010e08aff6173b5fe4f62b99b23.png

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The pro-Foster faction here just threw their laptops but we also have a QB who hasn't completed a deep ball all season and it's nearly November so I'm not sure how much a deep threat matters when you can't complete passes to them.  We've had open guys, they were all missed.

Foster has been hurt all year with a groin. 

Hard to evaluate him at this point. He also has a fraction of the talent that Josh Gordon has. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Depends. Does he have good football character? Not sure.

Does he cost future assets? No.

Is it a bad contract? No.  

If he’s available, can still play, and the first one checks out I think he would be fine with it. 

You could very well be right, I think with the amount of pot smokers in the nfl being mostly ignored by the league it “could” happen, i’d be surprised if ended up with the Bills, stranger things I guess. 

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

doubt he gets to us in the waiver wire i'd imagine there is at least one team who will take a shot at him

Wouldn't Josh Gordon now be a vested veteran that he will not go through the waiver wire?

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Wouldn't Josh Gordon now be a vested veteran that he will not go through the waiver wire?

Waiver rules w regard to vested veterans apply until the trade deadline. Post trade deadline all players must go through waivers.