Josh Gordon released off IR

24 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If the Patriots have issues with his work ethic, there is zero chance he's going to be signed by the Bills.  

A big part of the Bills ethos with Coach McDermott are fundamentals and doing your part as part of a family....like showing up to practice *and* showing up to said practice on time.  

I don't feel bad for Josh Gordon on any level.  He does it to himself and you can't say the NFL hasn't given him opportunity for redemption.    

Was it work ethic issues? I’m honestly curious if he refused to take painkillers or follow the TB12 HGH regimen which forced the IR move. ?‍♂️?

There’s would have to  be a reason for 20 teams that have a shot at him before us would pass on him , and if they do I doubt even more that McBean ends up taking him 

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I Dentical! 

Just keep bailing me out !!!

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He had 19 in 5 games -- bear in  mind that he got hurt in the first half of the Giants game trying to tackle a defender after Izzo completely whiffed on a block and strip-sacked Brady. He was on pace for 61 catches and 896 yards, which would be the best season by a Bills WR since Sammy Watkins in 2015. 

Not terrible I guess - I still don’t think he is worth it but the NFL is mighty forgiving 

Low risk potential high reward worth taking a flyer. He is the type of receiver was hoping Foster would develop into but has taken a step back. Not sure what he has left in the tank but he can always be cut if he doesn't have it anymore.

Edited by billieve420

34 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Low risk potential high reward worth taking a flyer. He is the type of receiver was hoping Foster would develop into but has taken a step back. Not sure what he has left in the tank but he can always be cut if he doesn't have it anymore.

So let’s say for example the Raiders take him and a week later they cut him , does he goes back to the waiver wire ?

So what's the difference between clearing waivers and claimed off of waivers?

I'm assuming it comes down to comp picks awarded and current contract vs signing a new contract as a UFA.  Is that right?

I've never really cared to care.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I'm assuming it comes down to comp picks awarded and current contract vs signing a new contract as a UFA.  Is that right?

They are the exact opposite.  If you "clear waivers"-nobody picked you up.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

For the team? Yeah, basically. Claim him if you're okay with the contract, want exclusive first dibs on signing him, and a chance at a comp pick if he doesn't re-sign with you. Don't claim him if you prefer to offer a UFA style contract, but someone else may claim him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

You assume their contract when picking up on waivers. 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

For the team? Yeah, basically. Claim him if you're okay with the contract, want exclusive first dibs on signing him, and a chance at a comp pick if he doesn't re-sign with you. Don't claim him if you prefer to offer a UFA style contract, but someone else may claim him. 

Thanks.  I figured I had it right in my mind but like I said, I never really cared to actually care about how the whole waiver process worked.