Josh Gordon released off IR

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

yup now the hit pieces come out

What's your theory on why the WR needy Pats* that have spent the better part of a year trying to find a WR, and just gave up significant assets for Sanu, are so ready to move on from the superior Gordon?  Just for fun?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s been the same guy since high school. It’s hardly a hit piece. I would have taken a chance on him if he had the talent to warrant it but i think he’s probably washed. 

Tell me about it...  He should sue for libel, they are smearing his good name!  lol.

That said, I'd still take a shot.  Maybe with a change of scenery he could keep his head on straight for half a year.

14 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

No, I have been on record as saying AJ is on the wrong side of 30 and 2 years of injuries. Gordon used to have all the attributes you mention- key words used to. Some receivers have put up big numbers in NE- Moss, Edelman, etc...I think they expect an uptick in production with Sanu.

Go watch that Steelers against Ne game again and watch the Gordon catch and then let me know if he can’t high point footballs. And how many years ago was Moss?  

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s been the same guy since high school. It’s hardly a hit piece. I would have taken a chance on him if he had the talent to warrant it but i think he’s probably washed. 

Yes, you’re right - not a hit piece. Everyone also needs to remind themselves that he was effectively cut mid-season by a smart, well-run organization with a real need at the WR position. That happened for a reason.

Edited by dave mcbride

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

What's your theory on why the WR needy Pats* that have spent the better part of a year trying to find a WR, and just gave up significant assets for Sanu, are so ready to move on from the superior Gordon?  Just for fun?

well sanu is probably the better wr right now so they see it as an upgrade and they're going for a title.  plus they give up a second which will be like the 60th pick and they get a comp pick back for sanu that's probably like the 68th pick.  so they lose very little in their mind and better shot at a title. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

well sanu is probably the better wr right now so they see it as an upgrade and they're going for a title.  plus they give up a second which will be like the 60th pick and they get a comp pick back for sanu that's probably like the 68th pick.  so they lose very little in their mind and better shot at a title. 

And Phillip Dorsett, Jakobi Meyers, and Gunner Olszewki are all probably better now too?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Go watch that Steelers against Ne game again and watch the Gordon catch and then let me know if he can’t high point footballs. And how many years ago was Moss?  

This year- 20 receptions in 6 games. Sure he may make a play here and there but will he do it consistently. IMO he just isn’t worth the risk. NE in past years has had receivers and TE’s put up big numbers. Lets see what happens in the second half of the season with NE’s passing attack and where, if any place Gordon lands. It will be interesting for sure.

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And Phillip Dorsett, Jakobi Meyers, and Gunner Olszewki are all probably better now too?

all have been healthy and playing well. plus they get kneal harry back.  it was a numbers game and he's going with the safe healthy guys. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

This year- 20 receptions in 6 games. Sure he may make a play here and there but will he do it consistently. IMO he just isn’t worth the risk. NE in past years has had receivers and TE’s put up big numbers. Lets see what happens in the second half of the season with NE’s passing attack and where, if any place Gordon lands. It will be interesting for sure.

how many catches does Foster, Williams, McKenizie, Roberts have?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

how many catches does Foster, Williams, McKenizie, Roberts have?

How many 300 yard games does Allen have in this enigmatic offense? How many poor passes has he thrown? How many times has he taken off and ran? I can’t honestly assess any receiver in the current dumpster offense we have. 

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I have no opinion on Gordon but am curious to know how long it would take a player to clear waivers with 31 teams.  A few days?  In other words, when would he be officially a free agent?

24 hours. He will clear waivers at 4pm today if no one claims him

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

How many 300 yard games does Allen have in this enigmatic offense? How many poor passes has he thrown? How many times has he taken off and ran? I can’t honestly assess any receiver in the current dumpster offense we have. 

moving the goalposts you mention Gordon’s catches which are only 13 less than our leading WR and he has been dealin with injury all year. 

guess what Gordon catches that pass last week Foster failed to adjust on

Edited by MAJBobby