Josh Gordon released off IR

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...give him a contract on a "per game" basis....won't cost you a nickel...........

You are claiming the Prorated Contract. Of 2.025M. Roughly 129K a week left. So what little over 1M 

2 minutes ago, Bongo said:

Fair enough. Your sarcasm aside, I think he will just be a distraction. If not, I don’t see any way the Pats don’t keep him for Brady. But if we get him, I’ll be very happy to be wrong and will root for him. Like I said, love his talent. 

And I have definitely been rooting for the Bills long enough to know the 90’s Bills. I didn’t hate them then and wouldn’t hate him now. He has just progressed so far in the league’s substance abuse program that he has no wiggle room. 

and he gets popped again what happens you cut him big deal. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yep- ever since Gordon came off league suspension he has been average at best. 

And still would be the most talented WR on the Bills roster 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

You are claiming the Prorated Contract. Of 2.025M. Roughly 129K a week left. So what little over 1M 

...no pro rata...,don't have to inherit his deal (I don't think)......it was a bit of sarcasm......

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And still would be the most talented WR on the Bills roster 

I disagree- 4 years ago yes, today nope. He isn’t better than John Brown.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no pro rata...,don't have to inherit his deal (I don't think)......it was a bit of sarcasm......

If you claimed him you are claiming the remaining portion of the 1 year 2.025M contract 

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

I disagree- 4 years ago yes, today nope. He isn’t better than John Brown.

he absolutely is. But let’s say he isn’t he walks in and is immediately a legit 2. So do we like upgrading our team?

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Why?

agree makes zero sense. Philly, Pitt, Raiders, Houston, Colts, Jax all make sense and all have higher priority than us I believe 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....correct...but if he clears waivers, we start at zero, correct?..............

Yep but I am going with he doesn’t clear waivers 

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Probably a factor in the Patriots' decision to trade for Sanu.

His Injury and lack of vertical passing game and NE going back to the horizontal game Brady did at the start of career sure did factor into it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

he absolutely is. But let’s say he isn’t he walks in and is immediately a legit 2. So do we like upgrading our team?

Again- he isnt. Imagine if Brown was hit on all those deep shots Allen has missed pr he lead him for some YAC. Your view may be much different. On to your question- he may be an upgrade for a 2 but it is a lot of risk for a player that has been in a lot of trouble and hasn’t produced much on a team where he should have. No team has been jumping for this guy. Just my opinion thou - Go Bills

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Again- he isnt. Imagine if Brown was hit on all those deep shots Allen has missed pr he lead him for some YAC. Your view may be much different. On to your question- he may be an upgrade for a 2 but it is a lot of risk for a player that has been in a lot of trouble and hasn’t produced much on a team where he should have. No team has been jumping for this guy. Just my opinion thou - Go Bills

would you have wanted to trade for an Injured AJ Green?  Now Why should Gordon have produced in NE?  Because it is NE?  Notice how many WRs don’t produce for NE?

and Gordon does things Brown Doesn’t. Great Body control, physical WR play, amazing high point skills and back shoulder fades. Big catch radius 

Edited by MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Because I believe it is a big deal. You have to invest in him. And I’m not talking about the money. We’ve got plenty of room for that.

On an offense that needs all the work and coaching it can get, you have to teach him the offense. Get him timing with Josh, etc... All at the expense of that coaching and throwing time with others.

If you think he’s around for a while, worth it. If you think he’s a tourist passing through, not worth it. I think he’s a tourist. If he wasn’t, I don’t think the Pats let him go because they could have used him.

2 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

while this makes some sense it really doesn’t. Bad teams are not going to have a net loss of UFAs. And Gordon isn’t going to be signed to a long term lucrative deal. I smell another 1 or 2 year deal in his future. 

1 minute ago, Bongo said:

Because I believe it is a big deal. You have to invest in him. And I’m not talking about the money. We’ve got plenty of room for that.

On an offense that needs all the work and coaching it can get, you have to teach him the offense. Get him timing with Josh, etc... All at the expense of that coaching and throwing time with others.

If you think he’s around for a while, worth it. If you think he’s a tourist passing through, not worth it. I think he’s a tourist. If he wasn’t, I don’t think the Pats let him go because they could have used him.

but yet I am sure you were banging the table for Rental AJ Green right?  So guess we don’t like improving our team. 

so tell me why was he let go?  Ooo wait the Injury. Hmmm he has been fighting a knee all season. He doesn’t fit in the offense Pats Run now they went back to the Horizontal offense. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wow, great point.

Kinda but is Gordon gonna land a big UFA deal? Nope he will get a 1 year deal again. And bad teams are not really going to have a net loss in UFA they are gonna sign players. How many UFAs did we sign after our tank year?

Just now, One Buffalo said:

I think we should prepare ourselves to not have Gordon... seems likely that he will be claimed before it gets to us.  

he likely will. And I am fine with it as long as I also read that the Bills did put a claim in.