Josh Gordon released off IR

Just now, Bongo said:

I would not do it. Great talent but personal issues make him too unreliable. If not, Pats would have kept him. 

so then what is the point to having all this culture in the locker room?  

The reality is if Bills claim and are Awarded him he immediately walks in as the most talented WR on this roster. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And How often in the NFL has a guy that has very little money walk away from his contract?  Jesus people. He will be claimed and if it is the Dolphins he will show up and play and hit UFA 

So we are now going to take logical thought, and apply it to Josh Gordon.  OK

This is a stupid argument regarding the Dolphins anyway because they aren't going to claim him.

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

neither does Gordon. You really think he won’t show up to a team that claimed him in a contract year?  

so MIA claims him. Gordon who is trying to fix a career and earn ISNT going to show up and play so he hits UFA clean Really?

Going to Miami or Bengals is worse than sitting out the last 9 weeks of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

so then what is the point to having all this culture in the locker room?  

I think his issues go beyond culture. And one strike and he’s gone. I feel bad for the guy and would love to have his talent on the team. I just don’t think he can control himself. I get the feeling there is a lot of culture on the Pats and they ultimately had to give up trying. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Bills should take a run at him, can't hurt too much. Our locker room can handle it and we can dump him quickly if something happens.

There's almost no risk.   With the exception of Brown & Beasley, no one in the WR corps has shown they're part of the long term plan. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes waivers. Because after a certain point in the season, ALL player go through waivers. It's why NE waited this long to release him.

So.....to stick it to him???  Would the Evil Empire do that? 

Yeah, I guess they would. 

With joy! 

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

LOL, great question. No regrets! I'd be happy if Dawkins ended up as good as JJ, just with less injuries. And so far Dawkins has worked out better than my last choice (Dareustein). I just hope Beane keeps at least one player with a D-lastname. Dawkins is the only one on the roster right now!

FB's are players too!

58 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Josh Gordon living in Miami?  That might not work out well. 

This is a case where being limited to just Applebees or Dave & Busters works in our favor!   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

So we are now going to take logical thought, and apply it to Josh Gordon.  OK

This is a stupid argument regarding the Dolphins anyway because they aren't going to claim him.

And has he been or had any issues since his final chance?

18 minutes ago, Bongo said:

I think his issues go beyond culture. And one strike and he’s gone. I feel bad for the guy and would love to have his talent on the team. I just don’t think he can control himself. I get the feeling there is a lot of culture on the Pats and they ultimately had to give up trying. 

ooo no the one strike issue. Man you would have hated the 90 Bills and their off field issues. 

fact remains it would improve the team would be the best WR on this roster the minute he walked in the room. It doesn’t handcuff the Bills later falling right in line with the McClappy not wanting to hurt the future for today. And we have the Lockerroom to support a player like Gordon. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

So.....to stick it to him???  Would the Evil Empire do that? 

Yeah, I guess they would. 

With joy! 

More so to stick it to the good teams that might want him. Like us and Texans, etc

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

FB's are players too!

Oh yeah, DiMarco too :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ooo no the one strike issue. Man you would have hated the 90 Bills and their off field issues. 

fact remains it would improve the team would be the best WR on this roster the minute he walked in the room. It doesn’t handcuff the Bills later falling right in line with the McClappy not wanting to hurt the future for today. And we have the Lockerroom to support a player like Gordon. 

Fair enough. Your sarcasm aside, I think he will just be a distraction. If not, I don’t see any way the Pats don’t keep him for Brady. But if we get him, I’ll be very happy to be wrong and will root for him. Like I said, love his talent. 

And I have definitely been rooting for the Bills long enough to know the 90’s Bills. I didn’t hate them then and wouldn’t hate him now. He has just progressed so far in the league’s substance abuse program that he has no wiggle room.