Ed O A Pipe Dream or a Dream Team Position Change ?

T master

He has no pass rush moves, hence his current issue, putting him in space won't make that better.   I wasnt a big fan of this pick, but lets not declare him a bust after 7 games, he has more than held his own.  He hasn't had the impact one would like, but he sure hasn't been a liability and is arguably the best player on the DL already.

Ed would look better if he had a true "space eater" next to him. Star isn't cutting it, despite what Coach and other apologists have said. It'd also help if Trent Murphy wasn't such a waste of space. We've got like 1 or 2 plays out of him in 2 years. I'm not bashing Jerry Hughes, but we could use some more out of him too.  DL is still clearly a need on this team, both DT and DE. Jordan Phillips has been playing well at least, we better get him resigned asap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, babulator said:

Ed would look better if he had a true "space eater" next to him. Star isn't cutting it, despite what Coach and other apologists have said. It'd also help if Trent Murphy wasn't such a waste of space. We've got like 1 or 2 plays out of him in 2 years. I'm not bashing Jerry Hughes, but we could use some more out of him too.  DL is still clearly a need on this team, both DT and DE. Jordan Phillips has been playing well at least, we better get him resigned asap.

I agree with what you said.  Harrison Phillips was a big loss for us.  Our LB's our too small and don't do a great job shedding blocks.  Edmunds and Milano get swallowed up when lineman get on them. Star Lotulelei is under performing and he is not taking on 2 guys very often, which  you can see on the All 22.  Milano and Edmunds do a very good job at attacking gaps and using their instincts when they are working in space but if they get locked up they do not do a good job fighting those blocks off and that's really not a strength of theirs.  Good cover guys and good mobility but they need better help up front.  Oliver has been so so, nothing special to this point and only time will tell if his size becomes to much of a liability to overcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

As a package, I'm fine with them doing this. Lawson, Phillips, Star and Oliver could be a good run stopping package. But as a permanent move? No way. People need to realize that other than Oliver and Philips, the D line is trash. We're going to be looking at the draft and free agency to get a pass rush in the off season. Horrible Harry will be back next year and then the defense will be elite. No more paper tigers.

• Like (+1) 1