DVOA: #25

Mikie2times

Things change week to week in the NFL. The Pats lost to the Dolphins last year. Our defense looked like world beaters until 2 weeks ago. Allen is actually looking better from week to week this year. We were very much in the game last week into the 3rd quarter. There is no reason our defense can’t recalibrate. Our team is built to grind out hard nosed victories that playoff games typically turn into. I don’t care what the DVOA says, the Bills are built to make a run this year at a possible Super Bowl.

41 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I mean, how did that point differential thing work out last week? 

Last week the Bills were ranked 21st in DVOA and the Eagles were ranked 15th. Not sure where we were when we played New England but they are currently 2nd. We played them much closer than we played the Eagles though. DVOA isn't predictive in the way you think it is. I'm not sure any stat in the NFL is predictive. It's at most a 16 game sample size and teams change drastically from week to week.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Last week the Bills were ranked 21st in DVOA and the Eagles were ranked 15th. Not sure where we were when we played New England but they are currently 2nd. We played them much closer than we played the Eagles though. DVOA isn't predictive in the way you think it is. I'm not sure any stat in the NFL is predictive. It's at most a 16 game sample size and teams change drastically from week to week.

I don't remember saying DVOA is predictive of anything. 

All you can go by is what you have have seen on a week to week basis. The Bills have struggled against bad teams. They are have played two “good” teams and lost to both. 

If Allen takes a step forward and starts hitting on some of the deeper stuff folks won’t be so worried. 

Feel good blowout this week. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff/2019

Again, we still will make the playoffs in my opinion, but when Vegas pegs you as even on a neutral field with the Browns and this information feeds into Vegas and supports it. Yes, these rankings are accurate from my chair. Had we won by a few points it wouldn't have changed my view on that.    

On 11/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, CommonCents said:

I don't remember saying DVOA is predictive of anything. 

All you can go by is what you have have seen on a week to week basis. The Bills have struggled against bad teams. They are have played two “good” teams and lost to both. 

If Allen takes a step forward and starts hitting on some of the deeper stuff folks won’t be so worried. 

Feel good blowout this week. 

And now they have lost to a bad team, I'm wondering if they will be an underdog in Miami now.

18 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

And now they have lost to a bad team, I'm wondering if they will be an underdog in Miami now.

According to DVOA and Vegas the line it was even on a neutral field. According to the final score the line we even on a neutral field. From rankings 23-32 ten teams exist, Buffalo being one of them at 25. We are 6-1 against those teams, 1-1 against teams 23 and 24. 0-2 against everybody else. I'm not a doomsday person here. Nobody thought playoffs when the season started and we have done a great job at taking care of business against the teams slotted worse (6-0). That's an impressive 6-0, but where we are, it's not far off our preseason expectations. Every game we play each week is up for grabs. We shouldn't be assumed to be better or write in wins against anybody.