What's gone wrong with the team lately and this season in general despite 5-2

BillsBlue

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

To the OP:

Thanks for your Fred Jackson story!  That was heart warming and a cool experience for you, no doubt.  Made me feel good to read it.  

I went through the first page of responses and noted that nobody bothered to respond to this, largely because it is a positive story that unites us all as Bills fans.

Most folks aren't here for that.  They are filled with hate, want to argue and fight, and this explains the generally toxic environment at this forum.

We are all brothers and sisters in that we are in the tiny minority of people in this country who cheer for the Buffalo Bills and want to see them win a Super Bowl.

We all share more in common than in adversity, but you would never know it reading through the the threads here on a daily basis.

What a shame.

• Haha (+1) 1

The major thing that concerns me is that the Process hasn't shown any Progress this season.  We knew the defense would be stout coming into the season as they were returning nearly all starters and replacing Kyle with a 1st round pick.  The offense we thought would take time to gel.  Unfortunately they don't look any better after 7 games.  The timing hasn't come together and that's troublesome.  We've beat bad teams and will continue to be bad teams, but we haven't shown any real sign that we've taken a step forward to beat mediocre or good teams - let alone the juggernaut in our own division.  I don't care about 300 yards - it's just a talking point for WGR... what I do care about is being able to take control of games when we're up and having the ability to move the ball quickly when we're down.  We need to be able to hit passes on all three levels and we need to be able to run the ball effectively.

I can live with Josh Allen's interceptions while he learns, but the fumbles need to stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

You are correct:  Buffalo runs the ball at a 54 % "success" rate and at 4.9 yards / carry.  BOTH stats among the highest in the league.

The Bills should be running the football 35 times a game and throwing more deep balls off play action.

I honestly don't get why they trust Josh Allen to drop back as much as they do and expect him to lead a productive offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

To the OP:

Thanks for your Fred Jackson story!  That was heart warming and a cool experience for you, no doubt.  Made me feel good to read it.  

I went through the first page of responses and noted that nobody bothered to respond to this, largely because it is a positive story that unites us all as Bills fans.

Most folks aren't here for that.  They are filled with hate, want to argue and fight, and this explains the generally toxic environment at this forum.

We are all brothers and sisters in that we are in the tiny minority of people in this country who cheer for the Buffalo Bills and want to see them win a Super Bowl.

We all share more in common than in adversity, but you would never know it reading through the the threads here on a daily basis.

What a shame.

Thanks so much for the great reply!!! I agree wholeheartedly and yes it really made watched ng the loss bearable well that and weck n wings at the anchor bar and a couple stiff drinks ? Im glad the Fred Jackson story got read I felt like noone read it lmao. 

I understand my assessment hurts because lots of us want to contend now but we are missing at least an elite to good right tackle and the same at de and the same at wr. Those are mandatory to compete today in the NFL unless you've got Tommy or someone on his level or close to it. 

1) Offense lacks identity

2) Losing the turnover battle- JA has fumble-itis (16 in 18 games)

3) Special teams lousy again

4) Lack of hitting deep shots downfield- teams can stack and dare JA to beat us

5) Daboll in game play calling imo has been brutal

6) Not enough touches for motor

7) Linebacker play so so- Alexander has really slowed and Edwards is great side to side but gets run over up the gut- been sayin’ it awhile- doesnt get low.

Theres much more to include novice wr route tree in a novice offense

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DasNootz said:

The major thing that concerns me is that the Process hasn't shown any Progress this season.  We knew the defense would be stout coming into the season as they were returning nearly all starters and replacing Kyle with a 1st round pick.  The offense we thought would take time to gel.  Unfortunately they don't look any better after 7 games.  The timing hasn't come together and that's troublesome.  We've beat bad teams and will continue to be bad teams, but we haven't shown any real sign that we've taken a step forward to beat mediocre or good teams - let alone the juggernaut in our own division.  I don't care about 300 yards - it's just a talking point for WGR... what I do care about is being able to take control of games when we're up and having the ability to move the ball quickly when we're down.  We need to be able to hit passes on all three levels and we need to be able to run the ball effectively.

I can live with Josh Allen's interceptions while he learns, but the fumbles need to stop.

I didn't go back to check this, but I heard earlier this week that in the last three games Josh is averaging 2 TDs and 0.66 TOs per game.  That's progress to me. 

19 hours ago, Mango said:

I couldn’t get past the poor offensive line play. By my eye, and most other headings, the Bills OL has been adequate to good. 

I agree, Josh is taking 3 seconds to get rid of the ball which is the longest of any QB in the league. You can't blame that on the OL.

On offense you have a number of things working themselves out.  Lot of new personnel on offense.  Lack of explosive players at the skill position. QB still learning his craft.  Questionable play calling , use of personnel by the OC.  Too any turnovers and dumb pre snap penalties by the offense.

On defense the play calling is too conservative.  Defense is not generating enough pressure and not enough turnovers to set up the offense by default. Same as the offense the Bills lack a true difference maker on the D line.  Was hoping Ed Oliver  would be that guy

• Like (+1) 1