WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

2 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Watch Allen's college highlights in Wyoming. He had a lot of completions for 40-50 yards .

This season problems are mental and due to bad coaches. He can't use his upsides - long runs and cannon arm. His skillset and intangibles (leadership, clutch gene)  are great. Beane must find a good coach/OC for him or this raw talent may become a bust. 

He’s had plenty of chances to throw deep and he’s been woefully bad. 

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Schopp didn’t embarrass himself. In fact, I think Sal was the one who embarrassed himself. Schopp was looking for an explanation as to how something so incompetent could happen and Sal is just shrugging his shoulders and saying we goofed and that’s it. No kidding we goofed. The bigger question is why and how could someone let it happen. People hate on Schopp because he’s a douche to the morons who constantly call and trashes the Bills for being bad when they were in fact bad. He says a lot of things fans don’t want to hear and it’s the same reason those same fans hated on Jerry Sullivan. 

He absolutely embarrassed himself.  And then cried like the B word he is "I gotta go".  Jerry is a prick too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

He was asking those questions in the context of trying to prove that they intentionally slowed down the pace.   Whatever the version of the truth, Sal was a lot closer to it based on the replays, yet Schopp refused to concede (even though it was Sal who was looking at the video during the call)

I wouldn’t agree Sal was closer to the truth. This really shouldn’t even be a debate. How that much time can be run down in that situation is still just really, really bad. 

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He absolutely embarrassed himself.  And then cried like the B word he is "I gotta go".  Jerry is a prick too.

I don’t think he did. The only ones who embarrassed themselves was our offense and the coaching staff in that situation. 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t agree Sal was closer to the truth. This really shouldn’t even be a debate. How that much time can be run down in that situation is still just really, really bad. 

Isn't your last sentence a tacit agreement with Sal?  He said it was confusion and a screw up, Schopp said it was intentional.

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s had plenty of chances to throw deep and he’s been woefully bad. 

Because they don't give him the right to make mistakes. Remeber Dabol's hysterics at sidelines after one Allen's Int.  

He is cuffed. And he prefers to overthrow WR with a margin to avoid int.

He is talented and coachable. He just needs a good coach.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Sal is the one in the locker room and at the press conferences asking questions and listening to answers. It’s literally his job to report things back to the audience of the station he works for.

He did. He said exactly the same thing McDermott said: the plan was not to huddle. Anyone who goes back and watches will see that the team ran up to the line, then someone got confused and/or something changed in whatever "plan" they had.

Sal's guess was that they (Daboll and/or Allen) screwed it up. That's where your HC calls a TO and saves those 30 seconds. You can spike the ball in 30 seconds. Getting the play right is what matters there. Total cluster. But Mike would not have it for some reason, and insisted the coaches planned to kill the clock, even though they said they didn't and it didn't look on film like they wanted to. 

Schopp can yell at and belittle the poor SOB all he wants but Sal can only report what the coaches and players are saying, along with what everyone can see on film

It was a little odd that Schopp was getting so personal and nasty with Sal, who was literally just saying what the team said and watching the video of what happened to describe it. Mike sounded like a petulant child. What was his point, exactly? 

Basically, Schopp was belittling Sal for not being able to explain McDermott's screw up.

Misplaced anger. Sal wasn't calling the plays or managing the game. 

GIVE ME AN ANSWER SAL! doesn't make the handling of that situation suddenly make sense. 

Reid did the same thing Sunday: up 5, 3rd and 2, around 1:30 left, driving to long FG range, TEN 1 timeout. 

Run up the gut, maybe pick it up. IF not, TEN is out of timeouts. Run again, or even punt it if the FG is too long. 

Instead, Reid passes the ball on an ill-advised playcall and TEN has time to come back and win. 

I could scream at some poor KC beat reporter until I'm red in the face and that call won't make sense.  

1 hour ago, GG said:

Isn't your last sentence a tacit agreement with Sal?  He said it was confusion and a screw up, Schopp said it was intentional.

I multiquoted a bunch of things going down this thread, most of them from Bangarang, who doesn't get the difference between critical honest reporting and Sully.

But, this is the whole answer - in one sentence.  

I generally agree with Schopp but he's wrong here. If the Bills really wanted to run the clock, they would have ran the play clock down instead of snapping it with 14 seconds left. And they'd have likely run the ball to keep the clock running and call a timeout to make the kick the last play of the game.

Sal's right. Daboll blew it and it's as simple as that. Incompetence, not conservatism - this time, anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

Sal made so many good points like the ones you mentioned, and Mike just kept blowing them off.........I mean just the idea of Feliciano obviously signaling hurry the F up - if the marching orders were to run down the clock, he wouldn't have done that.

I do have to say it's better radio than having Bulldog just agree with everything Schopp says. 

7 hours ago, bbb said:

Sal made so many good points like the ones you mentioned, and Mike just kept blowing them off.........I mean just the idea of Feliciano obviously signaling hurry the F up - if the marching orders were to run down the clock, he wouldn't have done that.

I do have to say it's better radio than having Bulldog just agree with everything Schopp says. 

Mike didn’t like that facts challenged his agenda. He wanted it to be the case that they purposely were trying to run the clock down because it fit his narrative for the day and said that the huddle was “proof” of that - and then put his fingers in his ears and stomped his feet when Sal described what actually happened. He misspoke because instead of actually looking at everything that happened and drawing a conclusion, he drew his conclusion first and then didn’t like when someone actually presented a different picture. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mike didn’t like that facts challenged his agenda. He wanted it to be the case that they purposely were trying to run the clock down because it fit his narrative for the day and said that the huddle was “proof” of that - and then put his fingers in his ears and stomped his feet when Sal described what actually happened. He misspoke because instead of actually looking at everything that happened and drawing a conclusion, he drew his conclusion first and then didn’t like when someone actually presented a different picture. 

Exactly.  And, with Bulldog as his yes man all the time, he's used to not being challenged.  Can't handle it when he is.  

23 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t think he did. The only ones who embarrassed themselves was our offense and the coaching staff in that situation. 

It was really the way he reacted once he accepted that it wasn’t intentional  - of course he was right that they should not have huddled. Instead of just having an adult conversation, since Sal was agreeing with him over and over and pausing to patiently address his tantrum, he was sniping at Sal as to why they huddled. Sal did not know why. he was brought on to explain what was said in the press conference. Not to be inside the minds of the coaches and players. 

It’s fair to think that the team is in a better place than they were under the previous regime.  It’s also fair to tell this regime that maybe they want to shelve the cockiness about thinking their better than them until they prove it by winning something. 

Just wanted to announce that i am officially done with Dopp and the bulldog !!! 

i have listened to these two for 10 years on my way to work and can no longer tolerate this sh!t show. I like BD for the most part so this mostly about Dopp. Sick of his incessant BS about this team and today he was wacking off to Andy Reid, who has not won a SB, about how great he is and then says McDermott is uninspiring at which point i just turned it off. 

On 11/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, Bangarang said:

Schopp isn’t a mouthpiece for the Bills and he’s not there to make excuses. Football isn’t his favorite sport and I don’t even think he’s a fan of the team, they are just part of his job. If anything, he’s fairly unbiased when it comes to this team and it hurts the people who love this team and want to pretend everything will be fine when it generally hasn’t been.

That's a big reason it's tough to listen for me.  He doesn't LOVE football, so he doesn't prepare to talk about football.  He's a drive by media type of guy when it comes to football, he wants to talk about anything but the game.  I believe he hates the average Bills fan, but respects the few that agree with him.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:19 PM, clayboy54 said:

So why would WGR hire a guy like this to cover the Bills then? This game is supposed to be fun!

I think it's part of the format for sports radio.  News and topical talk early, homers (believers) for the work day, haters (doubters) for the drive home.  That's the format I've noticed when I listen to other stations travelling or prepping for upcoming games.  They choose to give all fans a voice maybe?  Not sure but there is always a doubter on every channel.  Doubters make believers love and defend the team even more, making the doubters hate on them even more.

I know they have a job to do, they refer to it when things start to get too sticky...'Like this is our job, you don't understand"...I just wish they had someone who loved what they do and spent the time to prepare so they know the roster better than me, cared about preseason battles, love the growth of young players...etc.  I think they could be better at their job if they cared more about the whole thing.  They seem tired and bored with this gig, but nobody stops them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, Nextmanup said:

Mike Schopp and Sal got into it a little bit today.  More tension here than I have ever heard between them before.

It centers on McDermott's comment from earlier today about former "irresponsible decision making."

Start listening around the 30:00 mark.  

Pretty entertaining.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-30-hr-3-schopp-bulldog-0

Are you saying there’s people who still listen to this buffoon????

i would rather watch the reruns of Don Lemon on  CNN  about the Russian collusion 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, Nextmanup said:

Please comment on the linked audio.

If you and others want to attack Mike Schopp with no regard to this thread title, please start your own thread.

Please create your own Mike Schopp hate thread and don't keep commenting here unless you actually listen to the audio and have something to say relevant to this thread.  

Thanks.

Next man up, here's an idea, stop trying to manage the thread so much and push your pro-schopp narrative.   I've been on this board for a long long time and I've never seen such an opinionated control freak.

You must be a joy to live with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Next man up, here's an idea, stop trying to manage the thread so much and push your pro-schopp narrative.   I've been on this board for a long long time and I've never seen such an opinionated control freak.

You must be a joy to live with.

200.webp?cid=790b7611dd4dbb8cba7f39f522b

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've been on and off the bills forums since, I think they've existed.

You don't want anti-schopp commentary but want to discuss the schopp vs sal discussion but you didn't say not to keep out the anti-sal commentary.

wasn't clever, try harder, and be transparent.... I don't see why you didn't just make this a pro-schopp thread so we didn't have to read through a couple of pages to figure out your agenda?

• Thank you (+1) 1