WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

1 hour ago, bbb said:

The first 22 minutes of this is basically these two going at it again.  I now understand why I didn't understand the post game Sunday.  I never thought the Bills actually decided with 50 seconds or so that they were happy with taking the field goal right there............And, S & B I now understand think that..............And, this is Sal saying that's not what happened.  It ends at exactly 22 minutes.  If you just want a summary of how douchy Schopp is thoughout, you can just listen from 21 minutes for the last minute..............Yeah, Mike, Sal is saying the O linemen were at their set positions.  What an ahole.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-11-hr-4-schopp-bulldog  

He is an Ahole. I thought the same thing when i heard it. Sal is usually right and its not hard when Dopp is the antagonist.

Please WGR get rid of mike for Sal.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, umang_a_desai said:

Pretty sure this says it all

FC56C3AF-BCE7-44CC-911A-4CB9114EAD61.jpeg

This dweeb hates everything that is manly,  i think he might be transitioning.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On November 3, 2019 at 12:19 PM, Irv said:

Agree. The Coach was a complete douche.  Go Bonas. 

Loved the Coach!! He spoke the truth about the team.

On November 4, 2019 at 8:26 PM, BillsFanForReal said:

Listened to his show today and was unsurpised to hear him talk about how he wished we took Jackson over Allen. 

Sad part is that Jackson wouldn't have been long for Bills fans. 

44 minutes ago, the skycap said:

No. Coach put into voice to the frustrations of Bills fans who wanted a pound of someone's flesh after a bad game. He pushed buttons. Don't confuse that with truth. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Sad part is that Jackson wouldn't have been long for Bills fans. 

Jackson would have looked awful here.

McDermott and Beane were very very clear that what they wanted was a QB who could perform from the pocket.

Roman and Harbaugh have been succeeding with Jackson by designing the offense around his specific skills.

8 hours ago, bbb said:

The first 22 minutes of this is basically these two going at it again.  I now understand why I didn't understand the post game Sunday.  I never thought the Bills actually decided with 50 seconds or so that they were happy with taking the field goal right there............And, S & B I now understand think that..............And, this is Sal saying that's not what happened.  It ends at exactly 22 minutes.  If you just want a summary of how douchy Schopp is thoughout, you can just listen from 21 minutes for the last minute..............Yeah, Mike, Sal is saying the O linemen were at their set positions.  What an ahole.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-11-hr-4-schopp-bulldog  

I happened to catch this exchange while driving yesterday and couldn’t stop laughing. Sal is literally watching the film of the series while on air and telling schopp what happened and he couldn’t accept it. Sal has to explain it to him like he’s in preschool.  Then at the end he just says “ok bye.” I kind of felt bad for him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McDermott and Beane were very very clear that what they wanted was a QB who could perform from the pocket.

Roman and Harbaugh have been succeeding with Jackson by designing the offense around his specific skills.

It didn't hurt that both were very familiar with Tyrod & Kaep before Jackson.

I don’t get why people are hating on Schopp here. We looked grossly incompetent in that situation. Schopp argues whether it was intentional to kill time and if not then why doesn’t anyone call a timeout. Sal then gives his opinion that it wasn’t intentional and we (either the coaching staff or Allen) simply just messed up. 

Schopp has a legit argument here and Sal is simply giving his opinion on why we looked so dumb there (I don’t think he did a good job of it either).

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t get why people are hating on Schopp here. We looked grossly incompetent in that situation. Schopp argues whether it was intentional to kill time and if not then why doesn’t anyone call a timeout. Sal then gives his opinion that it wasn’t intentional and we (either the coaching staff or Allen) simply just messed up. 

Schopp has a legit argument here and Sal is simply giving his opinion on why we looked so dumb there (I don’t think he did a good job of it either).

Sal said exactly what happened: they screwed it up. They botched it. 

Schopp could not accept that and just ended up embarrassing himself. Oddly, the "they screwed it up" point Sal was making (and McDermott pretty much said as well after the game) would seemingly be exactly what Schopp would want to hear. 

But he just kept saying they meant to drain the clock. It was sort of pathetic. 

The rematch wasn't even as close as the original battle. Schopp got embarrassed this time around. 

TKO

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sal said exactly what happened: they screwed it up. They botched it. 

Schopp could not accept that and just ended up embarrassing himself. Oddly, the "they screwed it up" point Sal was making (and McDermott pretty much said as well after the game) would seemingly be exactly what Schopp would want to hear. 

But he just kept saying they meant to drain the clock. It was sort of pathetic. 

The rematch wasn't even as close as the original battle. Schopp got embarrassed this time around. 

TKO

Schopp didn’t embarrass himself. In fact, I think Sal was the one who embarrassed himself. Schopp was looking for an explanation as to how something so incompetent could happen and Sal is just shrugging his shoulders and saying we goofed and that’s it. No kidding we goofed. The bigger question is why and how could someone let it happen. People hate on Schopp because he’s a douche to the morons who constantly call and trashes the Bills for being bad when they were in fact bad. He says a lot of things fans don’t want to hear and it’s the same reason those same fans hated on Jerry Sullivan. 

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Schopp didn’t embarrass himself. In fact, I think Sal was the one who embarrassed himself. Schopp was looking for an explanation as to how something so incompetent could happen and Sal is just shrugging his shoulders and saying we goofed and that’s it. No kidding we goofed. The bigger question is why and how could someone let it happen. People hate on Schopp because he’s a douche to the morons who constantly call and trashes the Bills for being bad when they were in fact bad. He says a lot of things fans don’t want to hear and it’s the same reason those same fans hated on Jerry Sullivan. 

And I'll ask the same question here as I asked Leo Roth and Jerry Sullivan a few years back. Why in the world would you continue to bite the hand that feeds you? I get that these guys think that it's good radio to stir up the animals. I also get that you guys don't like Murph and Chris Brown because they frame commentary to be beneficial to the team. But why for Christ's sake do people feel the need to generate so much hate for the coaches, players and management of the team we all supposedly love?

It makes no sense to me.

Edited by clayboy54

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Having innovative offensive minds as your coaches helps. 

Mahomes: Reid is a mastermind at offense. Sadly, he cannot stop making stupid decisions in terms of game management. Still, the guy is an all-time offensive mind.

Jackson: Harbaugh is a proven commodity as a HC, and an offensive minded guy. Roman has had success with mediocre mobile QBs (Kap and Tyrod) and now has a super talented guy who puts both of them to shame. Faster, more dangerous running, and twice the passer either of those guys are/were. Plus the intangibles of the guy are off the charts. 

Goff: A mediocre to bad QB whose head coach uses him like he's playing Madden. McVay is supposedly a genius (I don't buy it) but you can't argue Goff's success once he took over versus before he did.

Mayfield: he has an utter imbecile for a HC. Record shows that. Last year when Greggg was playing dictator and keeping everyone in line it worked. Coaching matters. The talent is obviously there based on last season. 

Allen: has a "set up the punt and play defense" guy setting the tone for the team as HC. McDermott says he wants to score more points. I'm sure he does. I want to get in shape someday. But this Buffalo weather...

Rosen: The attitude of Rogers with the resume of Nathan Peterman. Not sure there's anything there to work with.

Rudolph: Has a head coach who IMO is totally underrated. Imagine being a "failure" for "only" having 1 SB ring and going to another SB and losing to Rogers. Tomlin somehow managed to keep Bell and Brown from self-destructing, which in retrospect is pretty amazing. That team is playing tough after they were left for dead. Again, coaching matters. 

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If the answer is that they screwed it up what is Sal supposed to say?

He isn't on the team. Schopp badgering him about how something so incompetent could happen was plain stupid. Sal isn't the coach. What is he supposed to say?

100% obvious they had a play called, went to the line, and then something happened. Did Josh get confused? Did Daboll decide to change the play? Did Singletary tossing the ball to Josh while he was likely listening to Daboll in his helmet throw him off and necessitate a huddle?

It was totally incompetent game management, and that falls on the coaches, not Sal, to explain. It happens all the time. Andy Reid literally lost a game Sunday by botching a simple time management scenario that every 10 year old Madden player knows. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

And I'll ask the same question here as I asked Leo Roth and Jerry Sullivan a few years back. Why in the world would you continue to bite the hand that feeds you? I get that these guys think that it's good radio to stir up the animals. I also get that you guys don't like Murph and Chris Brown because they frame commentary to be beneficial to the team. But why for Christ's sake do people feel the need to generate so much hate for the coaches, players and management of the team we all supposedly love?

It makes no sense to me.

Schopp isn’t a mouthpiece for the Bills and he’s not there to make excuses. Football isn’t his favorite sport and I don’t even think he’s a fan of the team, they are just part of his job. If anything, he’s fairly unbiased when it comes to this team and it hurts the people who love this team and want to pretend everything will be fine when it generally hasn’t been.

Because you say so?

Heaven forbid we have a coaching staff who designs their game plans around what the players do well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Schopp isn’t a mouthpiece for the Bills and he’s not there to make excuses. Football isn’t his favorite sport and I don’t even think he’s a fan of the team, they are just part of his job. If anything, he’s fairly unbiased when it comes to this team and it hurts the people who love this team and want to pretend everything will be fine when it generally hasn’t been.

So why would WGR hire a guy like this to cover the Bills then? This game is supposed to be fun!

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Having innovative offensive minds as your coaches helps. 

Mahomes: Reid is a mastermind at offense. Sadly, he cannot stop making stupid decisions in terms of game management. Still, the guy is an all-time offensive mind.

Jackson: Harbaugh is a proven commodity as a HC, and an offensive minded guy. Roman has had success with mediocre mobile QBs (Kap and Tyrod) and now has a super talented guy who puts both of them to shame. Faster, more dangerous running, and twice the passer either of those guys are/were. Plus the intangibles of the guy are off the charts. 

Goff: A mediocre to bad QB whose head coach uses him like he's playing Madden. McVay is supposedly a genius (I don't buy it) but you can't argue Goff's success once he took over versus before he did.

Mayfield: he has an utter imbecile for a HC. Record shows that. Last year when Greggg was playing dictator and keeping everyone in line it worked. Coaching matters. The talent is obviously there based on last season. 

Allen: has a "set up the punt and play defense" guy setting the tone for the team as HC. McDermott says he wants to score more points. I'm sure he does. I want to get in shape someday. But this Buffalo weather...

Rosen: The attitude of Rogers with the resume of Nathan Peterman. Not sure there's anything there to work with.

Rudolph: Has a head coach who IMO is totally underrated. Imagine being a "failure" for "only" having 1 SB ring and going to another SB and losing to Rogers. Tomlin somehow managed to keep Bell and Brown from self-destructing, which in retrospect is pretty amazing. That team is playing tough after they were left for dead. Again, coaching matters. 

If the answer is that they screwed it up what is Sal supposed to say?

He isn't on the team. Schopp badgering him about how something so incompetent could happen was plain stupid. Sal isn't the coach. What is he supposed to say?

100% obvious they had a play called, went to the line, and then something happened. Did Josh get confused? Did Daboll decide to change the play? Did Singletary tossing the ball to Josh while he was likely listening to Daboll in his helmet throw him off and necessitate a huddle?

It was totally incompetent game management, and that falls on the coaches, not Sal, to explain. It happens all the time. Andy Reid literally lost a game Sunday by botching a simple time management scenario that every 10 year old Madden player knows. 

Sal is the one in the locker room and at the press conferences asking questions and listening to answers. It’s literally his job to report things back to the audience of the station he works for.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

That's fair, but I think the main reason that people find Schopp insufferable is his refusal to give up a point where he's proven to be wrong, such as this topic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

So why would WGR hire a guy like this to cover the Bills then? This game is supposed to be fun!

They must think he does a good job.

Just now, GG said:

That's fair, but I think the main reason that people find Schopp insufferable is his refusal to give up a point where he's proven to be wrong, such as this topic.

How was he proven wrong here?

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

They must think he does a good job.

How was he proven wrong here?

By Sal's points, McD's comments and the game tape.   It clearly pointed to confusion, rather than a deliberate attempt to slow the game down.

1 minute ago, GG said:

By Sal's points, McD's comments and the game tape.   It clearly pointed to confusion, rather than a deliberate attempt to slow the game down.

You can correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t remember all 22 minutes of the conversation but I think Schopp was willing to accept that it wasn’t intentional. His beef at that point was knowing we were in a hurry up, why the play wasn’t called in quicker and if there was an issue why a TO wasn’t called. He’s obviously asking that question to point out how incompetent we were there instead of looking for a logical explanation (there really isn’t one).

• Like (+1) 1

Watch Allen's college highlights in Wyoming. He had a lot of completions for 40-50 yards .

This season problems are mental and due to bad coaches. He can't use his upsides - long runs and cannon arm. His skillset and intangibles (leadership, clutch gene)  are great. Beane must find a good coach/OC for him or this raw talent may become a bust. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

You can correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t remember all 22 minutes of the conversation but I think Schopp was willing to accept that it wasn’t intentional. His beef at that point was knowing we were in a hurry up, why the play wasn’t called in quicker and if there was an issue why a TO wasn’t called. He’s obviously asking that question to point out how incompetent we were there instead of looking for a logical explanation (there really isn’t one).

He was asking those questions in the context of trying to prove that they intentionally slowed down the pace.   Whatever the version of the truth, Sal was a lot closer to it based on the replays, yet Schopp refused to concede (even though it was Sal who was looking at the video during the call)