WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

Mike Schopp and Sal got into it a little bit today.  More tension here than I have ever heard between them before.

It centers on McDermott's comment from earlier today about former "irresponsible decision making."

Start listening around the 30:00 mark.  

Pretty entertaining.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-30-hr-3-schopp-bulldog-0

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Mike Schopp and Sal got into it a little bit today.  More tension here than I have ever heard between them before.

It centers on McDermott's comment from earlier today about former "irresponsible decision making."

Start listening around the 30:00 mark.  

Pretty entertaining.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-30-craig-hoffman-redskins-schopp-bulldog

Schopp thinks he is a know it all and he is very disrespectful to the callers.  I don’t think he played a sport in his life. He couldn’t carry Sal’s jockstrap.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Ray Finkel said:

Schopp thinks he is a know it all and he is very disrespectful to the callers.  I don’t think he played a sport in his life. He couldn’t carry Sal’s jockstrap.

Let's not turn this into a Mike Schopp bash thread.

We've had enough of those.

I'd appreciate it if comments are limited in scope, more or less, to the linked exchange.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

its hard

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Let's not turn this into a Mike Schopp bash thread.

We've had enough of those.

I'd appreciate it if comments are limited in scope, more or less, to the linked exchange.

its really hard not to bash Schopp good luck with that

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Listened to that live, got a little akward.  I don't dislike Schopp as much as others but his clap back when Sal used his own reasoning to back him into a corner was a bit much.  Sal was right, he did contradict himself.

Disagree that he contradicted himself.

Sal was trying to compare Mike's comments about the win/loss record mattering with his policy of being pro tank, which deliberately takes on losses.  The point of the tank is to produce a team that gets the wins, Sal.  

Mike is quite a bit brighter than Sal and that's not debatable.

They represent naturally opposing forces as each has very different views on most sports related topics.

You can hear Schopp restraining himself constantly when Sal says things that you know Mike hates, if you listen enough.

Normally Mike is professional and does not go after Sal, but today he kind of did, and Sal retaliated!  Which is why I posted it here....

I found it to be quite entertaining.

This quote from McDermott today really triggered Schopp.  Mike said so himself, even using the word "trigger."

He was feisty all day and it was a good day for listening.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

the link you sent was a 15 minute audio. how , pre tell, do we start listening at the 30 minute mark? asking for a friend

The wrong link got copied.

I have fixed it.  It's now in the original post or here as well.

It's the 30 minute mark of Hour 3 from 10/30/2019.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-30-hr-3-schopp-bulldog-0

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Haven't listened yet, but I'm already on Sal's side. Mike is a complete moron. Thinks everything in the world should be what he thinks and wants. 

Please comment on the linked audio.

If you and others want to attack Mike Schopp with no regard to this thread title, please start your own thread.

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

Wish it was Sal & the Bulldog...

...or Joe & the Bulldog

...or Jim & the Bulldog

...or Steve & the Bulldog

...or anyone else really

Please create your own Mike Schopp hate thread and don't keep commenting here unless you actually listen to the audio and have something to say relevant to this thread.  

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Please comment on the linked audio.

If you and others want to attack Mike Schopp with no regard to this thread title, please start your own thread.

Please create your own Mike Schopp hate thread and don't keep commenting here unless you actually listen to the audio and have something to say relevant to this thread.  

Thanks.

I just listened to it and I love that Sal put Schopp in his place!  Mike changed his tune fairly quickly. Callers don't have the opportunity that Sal was afforded. Funny listening and Bulldog just let's him get crushed.  LOL

Thx for sharing-

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Mike is quite a bit brighter than Sal and that's not debatable

not about football

i actually don’t mind MS most of the time. I think he’s somewhat interesting and generally pretty thoughtful about his points. 

my qualms are that I think he goes overboard with his point and has a blind spot when there’s evidence contrary to his point. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Disagree that he contradicted himself.

Sal was trying to compare Mike's comments about the win/loss record mattering with his policy of being pro tank, which deliberately takes on losses.  The point of the tank is to produce a team that gets the wins, Sal.  

Mike is quite a bit brighter than Sal and that's not debatable.

They represent naturally opposing forces as each has very different views on most sports related topics.

You can hear Schopp restraining himself constantly when Sal says things that you know Mike hates, if you listen enough.

Normally Mike is professional and does not go after Sal, but today he kind of did, and Sal retaliated!  Which is why I posted it here....

I found it to be quite entertaining.

This quote from McDermott today really triggered Schopp.  Mike said so himself, even using the word "trigger."

He was feisty all day and it was a good day for listening.

The way I took it the reasoning Sal used was that Mike is usually pro draft capital but he was arguing that we would have been in better shape to make a trade and chase wins, thus being in better position than 2 years ago.  I only listened to it live however and that was a segment of the argument.  I'll need to relisten.

For the record I do believe we are in better position and I like listening to the the show and well as the morning show.  I find myself agreeing with Mike on points often, and enjoy his perspective much of the time.

• Like (+1) 1