Josh Hamilton (MLB) Faces Felony After Allegedly Assaulting 14-Year-Old Daughter

Gugny

7 minutes ago, thebug said:

Really? You forget, it’s also about that young girl. Feel free to continue to make excuses for him. 

You seem to think you are the only one with experience in the area. Wrong! 

Absolute arrogance and ignorance in this post. 

Please expound....you amuse me. 

I have said there is NO excuse and it’s horrific behavior. I just tried to look at the other side of the equation. What else is involved here? Oh, are we too shallow to consider that? It doesn’t make it right, but what is the full picture? 

So please ramble all night on this. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please expound....you amuse me. 

I have said there is NO excuse and it’s horrific behavior. I just tried to look at the other side of the equation. What else is involved here? Oh, are we too shallow to consider that? It doesn’t make it right, but what is the full picture? 

So please ramble all night on this. 

You are right! He’s the victim. I shall shed a tear for him....

You have so much experience, beyond anyone else’s comprehension. That kid probably deserved it anyway! 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you had a family member who had this problem maybe you would have more empathy and compassion for those who suffer from this tormenting illness. 

I have even more compassion for family members of mentally ill addicts.

I know a married couple for more than 50 years. We grew up together. I cannot say enough good things about these two. They are loving, caring, kind, brilliant, spiritual, very successful, wonderful people. They don't even drink, let alone anything else. Their daughter is a heroin addict. She has been clean for 5 years but I saw the toll that it took on these fantastic people. At one point it looked like a matter of time before their daughter (who I love and held as a newborn baby) would OD and die. Everyone is doing GREAT now, but I still sense an uneasiness from the parents. It is just so sad.

What Hamilton did to his daughter is inexcusable. He needs to go to jail, hopefully for a long time. He threw away a chance to be the very best hitter in baseball. He could have been Ted Williams/Stan Musial great imo but again, I have far less sympathy for him than I do for his daughter and I ask God to soothe her.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thebug said:

Really? You forget, it’s also about that young girl. Feel free to continue to make excuses for him. 

You seem to think you are the only one with experience in the area. Wrong! 

Absolute arrogance and ignorance in this post. 

I am not a moderator and have no right to tell you what to post. This is clear, right?

I think that perhaps you and Augie might be on the same page more than you might think. I have seen his posts for years and like most posters, I  agree with some and disagree with others.  

I get the impression that you have lived through you share of hard times. So have I, whereas I have seen more evil and ugliness than most could ever imagine, ever. Augie has lived through some times that I would not wish on my worst enemy. He is not asking for anything but the man deserves some room if you will.

Thank you if you will at least consider this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I have even more compassion for family members of mentally ill addicts.

I know a married couple for more than 50 years. We grew up together. I cannot say enough good things about these two. They are loving, caring, kind, brilliant, spiritual, very successful, wonderful people. They don't even drink, let alone anything else. Their daughter is a heroin addict. She has been clean for 5 years but I saw the toll that it took on these fantastic people. At one point it looked like a matter of time before their daughter (who I love and held as a newborn baby) would OD and die. Everyone is doing GREAT now, but I still sense an uneasiness from the parents. It is just so sad.

What Hamilton did to his daughter is inexcusable. He needs to go to jail, hopefully for a long time. He threw away a chance to be the very best hitter in baseball. He could have been Ted Williams/Stan Musial great imo but again, I have far less sympathy for him than I do for his daughter and I ask God to soothe her.

You have misinterpreted my comments on this subject. Nothing I have said suggest that Hamilton shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. The point that Augie and I are making is that mental illness and addiction are complicated issues. Expressing a degree of empathy for a person who has had a lifelong battle with these demons isn't making an argument to excuse his horrific actions.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

You have misinterpreted my comments on this subject. Nothing I have said suggest that Hamilton shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. The point that Augie and I are making is that mental illness and addiction are complicated issues. Expressing a degree of empathy for a person who has had a lifelong battle with these demons isn't making an argument to excuse his horrific actions.  

Sorry John. I did not mean to imply any different.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Exactly.  Calling the guy an asshat for his actions is appropriate.  Understanding that there are underlying issues, including addiction and mental illness - that are very likely behind his actions -  is also appropriate.

The lack of empathy in this country, generally speaking, is very troubling.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It's one thing to ruin your life and adversely impact the lives of your family members because of your demons.  It's another to beat the ***** out of your kid.

Eh, it was just her legs.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Eh, it was just her legs.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article236857638.html

Hamilton threw a full water bottle at his daughter that hit her in the chest, according to the girl’s account contained in an arrest warrant affidavit prepared by a Keller police detective.

While yelling and using profanity, Hamilton grabbed the chair where the girl had her feet propped up and pulled it from under her. Hamilton threw the chair and while she was able to mostly dodge it, she was hit her leg, according to the affidavit. The chair broke.

Hamilton is also accused of grabbing his daughter by the shoulders and pulling her from a chair. She fell to the ground and landed on her hip, which she said left a bruise. Hamilton picked her up from the floor, threw her over his shoulder and carried her to her room, where he hit her in the legs and back, the affidavit said.