Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warcodered

A.J. Green to Bengals: 'Long-term deal or let me go'

Recommended Posts

He’ll walk from Cincy at the end of the year and they’ll get nothing. One of the worse franchises in sports.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

He’ll walk from Cincy at the end of the year and they’ll get nothing. One of the worse franchises in sports.

 

As long as he's walking to Buffalo!

 

Image result for woo gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's low key playing the Jalen Ramsey "my back hurts" move.  At this point why would he play this year?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he plays at all this year. I mean, why would he? This injury he has seems to be of the nagging variety that can come back at anytime. His team hasn't won a game, he doesn't need to go out there and put good plays on tape so other teams can see what he's capable of, everyone already knows what he can do. Really not a lot to play for, just sit out and start over elsewhere next season.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown would be proud of this guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I don't think he plays at all this year. I mean, why would he? This injury he has seems to be of the nagging variety that can come back at anytime. His team hasn't won a game, he doesn't need to go out there and put good plays on tape so other teams can see what he's capable of, everyone already knows what he can do. Really not a lot to play for, just sit out and start over elsewhere next season.

He’ll play the final 2 games of the year to improve his FA status 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

He’ll walk from Cincy at the end of the year and they’ll get nothing. One of the worse franchises in sports.

I dont think they had to be sellers at the trade deadline, but not getting something for Green was a giant mistake.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Antonio Brown would be proud of this guy

 

Antonio Brown should not be mentioned in the same breath as AJ Green for character.  That guy has been a gamer, he's never said a word, good teammate.

 

19 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think he's low key playing the Jalen Ramsey "my back hurts" move.  At this point why would he play this year?

 

The Ramsey "ow ow my back" only worked before the trade deadline.  Trade deadline done gone by.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont think they had to be sellers at the trade deadline, but not getting something for Green was a giant mistake.    

 

The trade market during the season is not exactly red-hot for an injured guy who hasn't played a down of football and is only under contract for another 8 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

The trade market during the season is not exactly red-hot for an injured guy who hasn't played a down of football and is only under contract for another 8 games.

 

The number of people (on TBD) begging Beane to pull the trigger boggles me mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The number of people (on TBD) begging Beane to pull the trigger boggles me mind.

 

Indeed.  I was duly boggled.

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

He’ll play the final 2 games of the year to improve his FA status 

 

I don't think 2 games played with a QB he's never taken a throw from when he's not in game shape, is likely to (nor should) change his value as a FA.

I mean, 2 games?  Srsly?  vs an average of 80 yds and 5-6 receptions/game for 8 years?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Indeed.  I was duly boggled.

 

I don't think 2 games played with a QB he's never taken a throw from when he's not in game shape, is likely to (nor should) change his value as a FA.

I mean, 2 games?  Srsly?  vs an average of 80 yds and 5-6 receptions/game for 8 years?

 

 

He'll be able to show teams that he is healthy and still be best WR on team. Did you not think a rookie QB won't make him his #1 target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

He’ll walk from Cincy at the end of the year

.....and hurt his ankle for next season.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He'll be able to show teams that he is healthy and still be best WR on team. Did you not think a rookie QB won't make him his #1 target

 

I think a rookie QB would love to make Green his #1 target.  I also think...

- timing with QB won't be established and route running might be rusty

- he won't be in "game shape"

- he risks reinjury

 

I don't see the clear advantage to Green in playing.  Teams can work him out in the off season and decide if they want to sign him.  His agent can arrange a workout film they put out there if he likes. 

 

It's at best a risk vs reward decision for Green and his camp.  He really should have nothing to show in <8 games he hasn't shown in 8 seasons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's milking his injury for as long as he can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's milking his injury for as long as he can.

 

Well, every now and then we all need to have something milked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Good thing we didn't make that trade.

 

 

 

 

There's no reason for him to come back to the Bengals this season with no deal done for next year. Smart move by Green. Bengals are a garbage franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

 

There's no reason for him to come back to the Bengals this season with no deal done for next year. Smart move by Green. Bengals are a garbage franchise.

 

If he is healthy he needs to play for he is being paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TOboy said:

 

As long as he's walking to Buffalo!

 

Image result for woo gif

 

 

A 31 year old looking for a long-term contract, with a major recent history of injury? That's not a picture of a Beane-type pickup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it amazing that many of the same posters that remind us that football is a business, and defend the teams and say how teams treat players and what they do to them is just good business. But if a player looks out for his own health and wealth, it is no longer about good business, he is being selfish and a bad guy and is a bad risk.  If it is okay for a team to treat player decisions as just business, it is also okay to treat a player's decisions as just business. AJ is a great talent, a great player, has been a good teammate, and has not  been a bad influence on a team. The process works both ways. I see no reason the Bills should not kick the tires on him in FA if he works out for the teams and proves he is 100 % healthy and healed in the off season.

 

Edited by simpleman
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is swelling, I can't blame him if he shuts it down for a little longer. If he's doing this just to preserve himself for next year, ok. If the latter is the case, coming back for 2-3 games doesn't prove you're going to be dependable next year. I really don't want us to give him the long term deal he wants next off season I've said this from the time the rumors began before the trade deadline.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860001-aj-green-trade-rumors-bengals-tell-teams-they-wont-deal-wr-at-2019-deadline

“Granted, it's possible that the Bengals are trying to ramp up the price for Green by playing hard to get, though Green's injury history and looming free agency may limit any incoming offers. The seven-time Pro Bowler missed six games in 2016, seven games last season and every game thus far this season for the Bengals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Antonio Brown should not be mentioned in the same breath as AJ Green for character.  That guy has been a gamer, he's never said a word, good teammate.

 

 

The Ramsey "ow ow my back" only worked before the trade deadline.  Trade deadline done gone by.

 

 

AJ already said he didn't want the franchise tag.  There's more at stake than just a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...