A.J. Green to Bengals: 'Long-term deal or let me go'

Warcodered

7 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

1st question would be if he could even pass a physical.  The I'd offer 10m 1 year. He was great, he's old and broken sadly

That’s what people said about James Lofton before he came here and ripped off another 3 really good years....

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

That’s what people said about James Lofton before he came here and ripped off another 3 really good years....

Yep. He was an All Pro, but his stint with us catapulted him into the HOF. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he talks Cincy into releasing him in the offseason. Then we’d talk. 

• Like (+1) 3

Bills used to do stuff like this all the time. A good player that everyone knew would walk in free agency would not be traded in the middle of a lost season. One of the things I admire about McDermott and Beane is their willingness to take what they can get for players they have no intention of keeping in the future. Good teams know when to cut bait. Teams like the Bengals lie to themselves until it's too late. Too bad because we could have really used Green this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. He was an All Pro, but his stint with us catapulted him into the HOF. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he talks Cincy into releasing him in the offseason. Then we’d talk. 

He's a UFA this offseason, no need to be released. I hope we go after him hard.

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pretty sure they would...BUT...megabucks for someone injury suspect I would think......2019 WR tag value is $16.787 million ....so he'd get $2 mil per game, right?.....

Still might make more sense then long term deal IMO.

You hate to give up what could still be an elite pass catcher in a pass heavy NFL.

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Still might make more sense then long term deal IMO.

You hate to give up what could still be an elite pass catcher in a pass heavy NFL.

...better make sure the "Kolb Mat" is under lock and key...just sayin'............

• Thank you (+1) 1