A.J. Green to Bengals: 'Long-term deal or let me go'

Warcodered

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_green_to_bengals_long_term_deal_or_let_me_go/s1_12680_30402308

"It was somewhat surprising to see the winless Cincinnati Bengals hang on to seven-time Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green through Tuesday’s trade deadline.

Green has missed the first eight games of the season with an ankle injury, but the number of teams interested in him was not limited. That included both the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers.

An impending free agent, it’s unclear if Green has a future in Cincinnati. The team is in the initial stages of a rebuild and just benched longtime batterymate Andy Dalton.

In talking about the situation as he nears a return to the field, Green provided the Bengals’ brass with an ultimatum: sign the receiver to a long-term deal or let him walk in free agency."

well-bye-28028501.thumb.png.04ba8fb75d2da333147ac8e8620cdbc6.png

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Is it just me or does it seem there are an abnormally abundant number of teams totally blowing up this year?

good to see the rest of the league blowing up and not us!  

18 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

And from a team who will most likely move away from Andy Dalton at the end of the year and start ?????? next year.

suprised they couldn't trade Dalton to Chicago.  C

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Warcodered said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_green_to_bengals_long_term_deal_or_let_me_go/s1_12680_30402308

"It was somewhat surprising to see the winless Cincinnati Bengals hang on to seven-time Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green through Tuesday’s trade deadline.

Green has missed the first eight games of the season with an ankle injury, but the number of teams interested in him was not limited. That included both the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers.

An impending free agent, it’s unclear if Green has a future in Cincinnati. The team is in the initial stages of a rebuild and just benched longtime batterymate Andy Dalton.

In talking about the situation as he nears a return to the field, Green provided the Bengals’ brass with an ultimatum: sign the receiver to a long-term deal or let him walk in free agency."

They should let him hit UFA. However if I am running that team I am tagging him 

Green is simply stating what is best for him. End of.

Players generally don't like being tagged when they are about to hit FA.

Moreso when you get to Green's age, when he just going to get one more good deal for his services.

Franchise Tag for Wrs this year was $16million plus, iirc.

I don't know what Green is currently making, but I'm not sure he would expect any more than that.

I would expect that he simply wants a new deal for about the next three years, from someone - note, he hasn't said he doesn't want to play for the Bungles - he just wants them tosort out what they are doing.

Much of the rest of this, is the media stirring the pot, where simple propositions are trying to be portrayed as conflict.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think he plays at all this year. I mean, why would he? This injury he has seems to be of the nagging variety that can come back at anytime. His team hasn't won a game, he doesn't need to go out there and put good plays on tape so other teams can see what he's capable of, everyone already knows what he can do. Really not a lot to play for, just sit out and start over elsewhere next season.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I don't think he plays at all this year. I mean, why would he? This injury he has seems to be of the nagging variety that can come back at anytime. His team hasn't won a game, he doesn't need to go out there and put good plays on tape so other teams can see what he's capable of, everyone already knows what he can do. Really not a lot to play for, just sit out and start over elsewhere next season.

He’ll play the final 2 games of the year to improve his FA status 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Antonio Brown would be proud of this guy

Antonio Brown should not be mentioned in the same breath as AJ Green for character.  That guy has been a gamer, he's never said a word, good teammate.

19 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think he's low key playing the Jalen Ramsey "my back hurts" move.  At this point why would he play this year?

The Ramsey "ow ow my back" only worked before the trade deadline.  Trade deadline done gone by.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1