A.J. Green to Bengals: 'Long-term deal or let me go'

Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post.  It seems highly unusual.  At first I thought maybe it just seemed that way because we are seeing it so vividly in the AFC East.  Then Cincinnati and Washington pop up with Baker and Cleveland close behind.  I think the Bears are headed to a meltdown as well.  In addition, a number of players have gone off the rails also.  I just saw that Trent Williams has taken a page out of the AB "How to Destroy Your Career Playbook" and the sequel "Helmets Make Me Crazy".  We also have Michael Bennett believing he knows how he should be used better than Bill Bellicheat.  I'm just glad the Bills are not in the middle of all this drama.

Add in the Falcons too.  Thanks and I'm glad I'm not the only one!

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

batterymate?

Baseball term for long time pitcher/catcher duo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Is it just me or does it seem there are an abnormally abundant number of teams totally blowing up this year?

It just seems that way because we're playing all of them: Jets twice, Dolphins twice, Bengals, Redskins, Broncos, Browns are in disarray, Steelers lost Ben Ruthlessraper for the season, Titans benched Mariota, and Giants are undergoing a rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

31 year old wideout who has missed 60% of his games the last two years wants long term contract.

Good job Mike Brown.  

And from a team who will most likely move away from Andy Dalton at the end of the year and start ?????? next year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No it's about the same. It just seems like there are more because normally we are one of them. 

No, I think he’s right. Let’s see. The Bengals, the Falcons, the dolphins, the Jets, the Broncos and the Redskins, all in apparent freefall.  Throw in the giants, the browns and the Buccaneers as trending in that direction. I think this is atypical, also. 

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I didnt want the Bills to get him.  What I mean is the Bengals could have added picks for him and saved cap they will need to help a real rebuild.  Instead they will be dumb enough to pay him with no real chance of winning jack or let him walk for free.  

when they cut him, McBeanes will to move to try and sign him.  that's how our guys roll.  thankfully.  

and then he'll go to the Pats or some big market team. 

Trust the Process.   they know what they are doing

If he can stay healthy, and that's a big IF, then there is no reason to think AJ can't be a productive WR in this league for another 3 or 4 years. Now with that being said, I wouldn't throw a ton of $$$ at the guy. He's easily worth 2 years and $20,000,000 though if Sammy can get 3 years and $48,000,000 on the open market. Would he take that? Who knows? I do think that he and Cincy will part ways at the end of the season though. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The Bengals have never demonstrated a high level of care for what their players want.  Whether they sign him, franchise him or let him walk, what he wants doesn't really matter.

Their primary want seems to be to not play in Cincinnati anymore so I can see why management would ignore that. Along with everything else.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Exactly, which makes the fact the Bengals held onto him even more confusing. Mike Brown could of traded him and got something in return and not had to deal with it.

Stop assuming that Mike Brown has the faintest of ideas what he is doing.  This guy makes RW look like Daddy Warbucks.