A.J. Green to Bengals: 'Long-term deal or let me go'

Warcodered

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_green_to_bengals_long_term_deal_or_let_me_go/s1_12680_30402308

"It was somewhat surprising to see the winless Cincinnati Bengals hang on to seven-time Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green through Tuesday’s trade deadline.

Green has missed the first eight games of the season with an ankle injury, but the number of teams interested in him was not limited. That included both the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers.

An impending free agent, it’s unclear if Green has a future in Cincinnati. The team is in the initial stages of a rebuild and just benched longtime batterymate Andy Dalton.

In talking about the situation as he nears a return to the field, Green provided the Bengals’ brass with an ultimatum: sign the receiver to a long-term deal or let him walk in free agency."

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

31 year old wideout who has missed 60% of his games the last two years wants long term contract.

Good job Mike Brown.  

At his age and with his injury history, the comp pick will be more than what I’d have wanted to pay for a half season rental. If you could work out a moderate contract and extend him, that would have been different. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

At his age and with his injury history, the comp pick will be more than what I’d have wanted to pay for a half season rental. If you could work out a moderate contract and extend him, that would have been different. 

I didnt want the Bills to get him.  What I mean is the Bengals could have added picks for him and saved cap they will need to help a real rebuild.  Instead they will be dumb enough to pay him with no real chance of winning jack or let him walk for free.  

• Like (+1) 1

The AFC sure is and total disarray. I don't believe Tom Brady when he says he's playing until 45. Maybe we can pick up a few more pieces in the off-season and make a good run next year. Going to be some decent free agents next year and looks like a good draft Buffalo has a decent amount of money to spend

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Is it just me or does it seem there are an abnormally abundant number of teams totally blowing up this year?

I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post.  It seems highly unusual.  At first I thought maybe it just seemed that way because we are seeing it so vividly in the AFC East.  Then Cincinnati and Washington pop up with Baker and Cleveland close behind.  I think the Bears are headed to a meltdown as well.  In addition, a number of players have gone off the rails also.  I just saw that Trent Williams has taken a page out of the AB "How to Destroy Your Career Playbook" and the sequel "Helmets Make Me Crazy".  We also have Michael Bennett believing he knows how he should be used better than Bill Bellicheat.  I'm just glad the Bills are not in the middle of all this drama.