Shout Newspaper.

9 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

As a teen in the 90s it was one of my premier saurces of info for the Bills.  Thankfully we were great and all over the sports world because my subscription usually arrived about a week late up in the ADKs!  Still I loved it, had a sizable stack that I collected....and eventually lost as the years went by.  Anyone know where I might be able to find some old issues for a fair price?  I just see two on eBay, one the inaugural issue for $30, and another that appears to be the issue after we lost 52-17 in the Beebe Superbowl.  So no to that.  for nastolgia I would love to get my hands on a few random issues.  Adding them to the Bills shrine of course! 

and i used to subscribe when i lived in Cape Cod....whished I would have kept them

On 10/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, Augie said:

I’ll need to save up, but I hope it’s still available when I can scratch it together! 

Did Bill Digest come after this? I remember getting it and taking it to my dad when I was done. You’d have thought it was an organ he needed transplanted. Four generations of CRAZY!   ?

Shout became Bills Digest.  This year I bought a digital subscription to Bills Digest.  Unlike Shout, they do 1 every 2-3 weeks & not every week during the season.  I used to subscribe by mail & then when I stopped I could get a copy around Albany.  A few years ago they stopped selling the paper in Albany.  I noticed they still print them & saw them in Tops when I was in Buffalo this weekend.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I remember that I first found out that we signed Bryce Paup via my Shout magazine.  Didn't have Empire Sports or even ESPN.  Didn't have internet.

I still have a few of these Shout mags.  I think I have one with a Marv Levy milestone noted on the cover.  I think I also have a Bill Insider magazine.  Saving these for my "Bills Room" if I ever get one.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bookstore near Grevey's in Falls Church which was the hot Bills bar in Superbowl era had them.  I'd buy it before going into bar.  Many people would see it and realize it was this weeks paper and ask who in Buffalo sent them to me.  Most of the time the asking people had reserved tables and Grevey's would not make them gave up seats until halftime so my response was "One of the guys standing over there (pointing to area they could not see) has a relative who works in publishing and sends him 10 copies only but he usually sells them to people in standing room only".  Most were clueless it was a dig on them saving seats each week for imaginary friends.

Sadly, Grevey's is now a Five Guys.  I started going to Grevey's in 1991 before they had Sunday Ticket, and had to use the huge satellite dish to manually find the games.  Some fun times and memorable games there. 

Why did this thread get moved to "Off the Wall?"  Jeeziz, it's specifically a Bills-related topic.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Sadly, Grevey's is now a Five Guys.  I started going to Grevey's in 1991 before they had Sunday Ticket, and had to use the huge satellite dish to manually find the games.  Some fun times and memorable games there. 

Why did this thread get moved to "Off the Wall?"  Jeeziz, it's specifically a Bills-related topic.

Yeah, I don't get it.  Thought I started the post in the right spot 

I worked or should say volunteered working for Shout's website in the latter years. It truly was a two man operation as when Mike and Larry weren't writing it was tough because I couldn't get press credentials so had to follow local news broadcasts for information etc. in order to get stuff for the page. Yet it was fun offering opinion pieces during the off-season on draft and free agency etc.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, Augie said:

I’ll need to save up, but I hope it’s still available when I can scratch it together! 

Did Bill Digest come after this? I remember getting it and taking it to my dad when I was done. You’d have thought it was an organ he needed transplanted. Four generations of CRAZY!   ?

Yes Bills Digest came after Shout!

Edited by The Jokeman

My 7th grade English teacher had a son that worked in advertising, or something along those lines, for Shout. His name appeared in the credits in the back. Anyway, my teacher would get free issues from his son and eventually pass them along to me, knowing I was a Bills fan. Eventually my mom got me a subscription for Christmas. I think I still have the comeback issue and Kelly and Levy's retirement issues packed away somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Lived in CA and usually didn't get an issue until the Monday after the next game. Didn't care, it was Bills news far from home.

I had the same delay in QBY and also did not care.   It was fun to go through, even if it was old news.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, Bills fan since 87 said:

As a teen in the 90s it was one of my premier saurces of info for the Bills.  Thankfully we were great and all over the sports world because my subscription usually arrived about a week late up in the ADKs!  Still I loved it, had a sizable stack that I collected....and eventually lost as the years went by.  Anyone know where I might be able to find some old issues for a fair price?  I just see two on eBay, one the inaugural issue for $30, and another that appears to be the issue after we lost 52-17 in the Beebe Superbowl.  So no to that.  for nastolgia I would love to get my hands on a few random issues.  Adding them to the Bills shrine of course! 

Crimminy...about 3 years ago, I offered up a complete 12 year collection to anyone who was willing to pay for shipping..no takers....  I ended up recycling them.  :(

Edited by Buftex
re-phrase

12 hours ago, Buftex said:

Crimminy...about 3 years ago, I offered up a complete 12 year collection to anyone who was willing to pay for shipping..no takers....  I ended up recycling them.  :(

Did you check with one of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame? They might have wanted them.