Shout Newspaper.

As a teen in the 90s it was one of my premier saurces of info for the Bills.  Thankfully we were great and all over the sports world because my subscription usually arrived about a week late up in the ADKs!  Still I loved it, had a sizable stack that I collected....and eventually lost as the years went by.  Anyone know where I might be able to find some old issues for a fair price?  I just see two on eBay, one the inaugural issue for $30, and another that appears to be the issue after we lost 52-17 in the Beebe Superbowl.  So no to that.  for nastolgia I would love to get my hands on a few random issues.  Adding them to the Bills shrine of course! 

This one on Ebay, with some other stuff, is going for a whopping ninety-nine cents.

Has Jimbo on the cover.  Seems to be in nice condition.  Could be framed.

Get this one!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990s-Buffalo-Bills-Ephemera-Shout-Newspaper-Bills-Team-Photo-Posters-5-39/264371361248?hash=item3d8dc2d5e0:g:8J8AAOSwOiRc8B2K:sc:USPSPriority!33410!US!-1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This one on Ebay, with some other stuff, is going for a whopping ninety-nine cents.

Has Jimbo on the cover.  Seems to be in nice condition.  Could be framed.

Get this one!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990s-Buffalo-Bills-Ephemera-Shout-Newspaper-Bills-Team-Photo-Posters-5-39/264371361248?hash=item3d8dc2d5e0:g:8J8AAOSwOiRc8B2K:sc:USPSPriority!33410!US!-1

I’ll need to save up, but I hope it’s still available when I can scratch it together! 

Did Bill Digest come after this? I remember getting it and taking it to my dad when I was done. You’d have thought it was an organ he needed transplanted. Four generations of CRAZY!   ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Damn.  I forgot all about subscribing to Shout.  Been a long time.

That was back when I was middle age. And a cell phone was as big as a brief case. (I could have said “phone book”, but that might have confused some people here.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Never got it but? I really wish I did. I may sure it was awesome.  

It was great....for then. You get more info here in an instant, without it being a week old. But I was always waiting for it with anticipation! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

It was great....for then. You get more info here in an instant, without it being a week old. But I was always waiting for it with anticipation! 

That is awesome that you were excited to get it.  
the speed of news today is great.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep, loved it back then.  It's was a part of a great era of Bills football and something that ties them to me and my youth.

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

As a teen in the 90s it was one of my premier saurces of info for the Bills.  Thankfully we were great and all over the sports world because my subscription usually arrived about a week late up in the ADKs!  Still I loved it, had a sizable stack that I collected....and eventually lost as the years went by.  Anyone know where I might be able to find some old issues for a fair price?  I just see two on eBay, one the inaugural issue for $30, and another that appears to be the issue after we lost 52-17 in the Beebe Superbowl.  So no to that.  for nastolgia I would love to get my hands on a few random issues.  Adding them to the Bills shrine of course! 

My gawd.  Just moved back in August of 2018......dumped 10+ solid years of Shout From Issue #1 on forward.  Was cool going thru the issues before they went into the recycle bin....damn,  I woulda let ya have em all if I knew they were going someplace appreciated.......I gots a lot of real decent CD's as in 700+ that you can't just buy anywhere is yer interested.  Once I get a chance E-Bay city!!!!

I loved my Shout!  For a time, it was the best source of Bills news... Albiet a week late!   I dropped my subsription not long after finding this place.    I still have a few old issues, I'm sure, burried in a box after a multitude of moves.   I used to wrap my glasses/plates in them for packing.. Just so I could see the Bills highlights for years after we moved. I'd bet money I still have some form the early 90's  wrapped in a box tucked away under a friend's house.  Why it hasn't been unpacked since then is another story....

Bookstore near Grevey's in Falls Church which was the hot Bills bar in Superbowl era had them.  I'd buy it before going into bar.  Many people would see it and realize it was this weeks paper and ask who in Buffalo sent them to me.  Most of the time the asking people had reserved tables and Grevey's would not make them gave up seats until halftime so my response was "One of the guys standing over there (pointing to area they could not see) has a relative who works in publishing and sends him 10 copies only but he usually sells them to people in standing room only".  Most were clueless it was a dig on them saving seats each week for imaginary friends.