Baker being Baker

Pokebball

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

image.thumb.png.657aa99670fd2fcc2f35fdd7bc618b78.pngfeel free to argue on the use of the word "most" but combine co-habitation with half of marriages ending and divorce  (and talk to some twenty somethings) and you will realize that getting married is considered something to "see if it works out", not "something we have to make work".  I wish it weren't so. 

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh fercripesake.  Baker missing the hookup culture in Sorority Row at OU or something?  I mean, Why Even?

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a29387533/baker-mayfield-wife-emily-wilkinson/

" Baker's all-star status on the field made Emily, who was working as a plastic surgery patient coordinator at the time, uneasy, according to the NFL star's profile on ESPN.com. She didn't want to date what she called a "punk football player," and assumed Baker would be "the typical playboy athlete."  

Maybe should have stayed with that impression, Emily.  Bad timeline here:

Baker, however, really wanted to go on a date with Emily after a mutual friend introduced them. To get her attention, he began following and unfollowing Emily on Instagram. Then, in late December, they began talking and Baker asked Emily if they could go out before the Rose Bowl game (a.k.a. Baker's last college football game). Emily agreed to meet him for lunch. While there, he "peppered her with questions about herself, her family, her plans for the future."   Things moved fairly quickly after that first date. Immediately after Oklahoma lost the Rose Bowl game, Baker reached out to Emily again and told her that he intended to stay in L.A. Three days later, he moved in with her.  (...) Four months later, TMZ reported that Emily quit her job to relocate to Cleveland to be with Baker (who got drafted to the Browns). In July 2018, the two announced on social media that they were engaged, and one year later they got married.

all of this is so awful.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, TheFunPolice said:

Suddenly everyone who works for the Browns having their decisions vetted by Depodesta doesn't seem so crazy

Sorry Baker, analytics ran the numbers and this affair goes badly for you in 99.7% of simulations....

Wait let me guess—the .3 where it went well was courtesy of PFF’s advanced secret analytics, amirite? :flirt:

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Reeks of an agent or some advisor telling him that being settled would improve his image among NFL teams.

Reeks of a young guy making hella impulsive decisions possibly driven by the parts he once grabbed on TV

I can understand the guys like Mahomes or Allen who have a relationship with someone they've known since high school.  There's something to be said for someone who "gets" your background, your family, maybe listened to and supported your crazy NFL dreams long before agents and scouts and GMs and coaches came calling.  You can trust them, your family can trust them, your friends can trust them.  Blahblah variety.   Counterpoint: someone with known character and integrity, someone who won't be sharing your Snapchats on trash media even if they're "like to murder you!" mad one day.

But move in in 3 days?  Man!

19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Since the 1970's the majority of marriages have been temporary.  Today's young people don't even have a notion of marriage being a big commitment.  It wasn't for their parents or their grandparents generation at this point. They are following our actions.  

Mmmm.  Well, divorce rates peaked at 50% in the '70s and '80s - wouldn't that mean that half the marriages did NOT end in divorce?  So some significant group of young people must have an example where marriage was a commitment.

I think it is true though that a lot of these NFL athletes (and pro athletes in general) come from very chaotic home situations.  Obviously, that's not true for Josh Allen.  I have not cared enough to research Baker Mayfield.

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Browns game IMO was an example of Daboll relying too much upon the X's and O's over the Jimmies and Joes. 

What I mean is that Daboll designed a game plan that relied too much upon the QB to beat the pressure and back the Browns off to enable the run game with his arm.  It was probably the best theoretical solution.  But in practice, with a still-developing QB who struggles under pressure and good, but not elite, receivers who struggle against physical man coverage, it didn't work.  I think there were other solutions - but just as with the Eagles and the Ravens, Daboll didn't really have a good fall-back plan ready on the back burner, for whatever reason.

So yeah, really, it was a game that we should have won.

I don't argue that we should have won and a portion of that was on Josh.  Daboll called some great plays to take advantage of the coverage, open up parts of the field and bring a receiver through on a delayed pattern.  I saw more than one occasion of this and Josh had enough time to set up a mid/deep throw while the delayed underneath route was open with all kinds of YAC.

Definitely was obvious Allen had/has more developing to do.  Watching the game unfold, while not perfect I felt Daboll did a good job of trying to scheme against them.  For me, it was a lack of execution.

31 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Since the 1970's the majority of marriages have been temporary.  Today's young people don't even have a notion of marriage being a big commitment.  It wasn't for their parents or their grandparents generation at this point. They are following our actions.  

Or it could just be that monogamy isn't natural.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, rayray808 said:

I donʻt think this story is done. I think more people are going to come out to drag his name through the mud

The girl making the initial remarks did say that the snap account had a score (apparently the number of snaps you've sent/received?) of 5 digits. So she definitely assumed she wasn't the only one. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The girl making the initial remarks did say that the snap account had a score (apparently the number of snaps you've sent/received?) of 5 digits. So she definitely assumed she wasn't the only one. 

I'm not judging the guy for the behavior per se.  But even before he got married, he persuaded his girlfriend to give up her job and relocate across the country to move in with him, then become engaged, then marry him. 

Unless she knew about this and was fine with it, that ***** just ain't right.  As described, it's not even excusable as a famous athlete being offered repeated and overwhelming temptation, the guy set up an account and went fishing.

• Like (+1) 1

This reeks of sex addiction. Recruiting random girls on social media to give you head in a Cheescake Factory parking lot?  Yup. 

If you like getting head that much, just find a good one and put her on the damn payroll.  

Perhaps he just needs a professional recruiter to set up these “interviews”. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

This reeks of sex addiction. Recruiting random girls on social media to give you head in a Cheescake Factory parking lot?  Yup.

Yes, agreed. 

15 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If you like getting head that much, just find a good one and put her on the damn payroll. 

If this turns out to be true, I'd guess it must be some kind of power or ego trip (or sexual fantasy) to get random women to perform a sex act on him for no compensation.   If that's the case,  finding a well-qualified and discreet professional would not fill the same need.

The media keeps describing the woman as his "mistress", but in the usual sense she's no such thing; "mistress" meant more what "sugar baby" does now, someone who receives value for services provided - money, jewels, housing, vehicles  in exchange for companionship and sexual services as desired.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not judging the guy for the behavior per se.  But even before he got married, he persuaded his girlfriend to give up her job and relocate across the country to move in with him, then become engaged, then marry him. 

Unless she knew about this and was fine with it, that ***** just ain't right.  As described, it's not even excusable as a famous athlete being offered repeated and overwhelming temptation, the guy set up an account and went fishing.

It seems like the actual fetish is him flexing his fame like some kind of power trip.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1