Baker being Baker

Pokebball

I don't really get why this is still going on in the news. It just seems like a non-story to me. Pro-athlete regularly cheats on wife with random women....

Big story!

I am not condoning it. By no means am I going to "yuck his yum". Unless his wife knew about it, and they were in an open marriage, then he is a dirt bag husband. But I think we were all leaning towards Baker being a POS anyways. 

Honestly I am almost relieved that we don't have another story of a professional athlete raping and assaulting women. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, if you want to go that route, how far back you going? 

Walking on two legs prolly unnatural - see the incidence of spine problems. 

Wearing clothes?  Pfffft!

I only wear clothes when I go to Bills tailgates/games.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I only wear clothes when I go to Bills tailgates/games.

I did not need that visual

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't really get why this is still going on in the news. It just seems like a non-story to me. Pro-athlete regularly cheats on wife with random women....

Big story!

I am not condoning it. By no means am I going to "yuck his yum". Unless his wife knew about it, and they were in an open marriage, then he is a dirt bag husband. But I think we were all leaning towards Baker being a POS anyways. 

Honestly I am almost relieved that we don't have another story of a professional athlete raping and assaulting women. 

I understand your relief, but Man that's a low standard.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not judging the guy for the behavior per se.  But even before he got married, he persuaded his girlfriend to give up her job and relocate across the country to move in with him, then become engaged, then marry him. 

Unless she knew about this and was fine with it, that ***** just ain't right.  As described, it's not even excusable as a famous athlete being offered repeated and overwhelming temptation, the guy set up an account and went fishing.

Man Baker seems more like a sleezeball everyday now

Not really following this but I feel bad for his wife. I still believe marriage is sacred 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You got something against a pair of Levis and a Josh Allen jersey?

You just bumped up 2 rungs since you're a Levi guy ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

Big story!

Yeah, that's the interesting thing. Seems kinda sketchy and weird, but everyone who has come forward with a story has made it seem entirely consenting. Sleazy, sure. But really everyone involved so far is a consenting adult. 

19 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah, that's the interesting thing. Seems kinda sketchy and weird, but everyone who has come forward with a story has made it seem entirely consenting. Sleazy, sure. But really everyone involved so far is a consenting adult. 

You and Mango raise an interesting point.  Yes, it does seem that (again, if the stories are true) everyone involved is a consenting adult and the behavior, while sleazy and weird, is not (as described) physically abusive or violent in any way.  I'm not even sure it's illegal (there might be an ordinance against publicly indecent behavior that would apply to sex acts inside a vehicle).  It's emotionally abusive of his wife if they aren't in an open marriage and she didn't agree.

Baker is a public figure who is being promoted with a certain image - the devoted husband and home-protector (Progressive ads) and the edgy, slightly bad-boy NFL star.  Against that background, it's probably news that instead, he may be a dirt-bag husband and sleazy sex addict.  It would certainly affect his celebrity endorsements.  It seems to me it also would have an impact on perception of him as a leader of the Cleveland Browns football team, setting an example for poor public behavior and prowling around the edges of shopping malls when maybe he should be watching film or otherwise getting ready for a game.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You and Mango raise an interesting point.  Yes, it does seem that (again, if the stories are true) everyone involved is a consenting adult and the behavior, while sleazy and weird, is not (as described) physically abusive or violent in any way.  I'm not even sure it's illegal (there might be an ordinance against publicly indecent behavior that would apply to sex acts inside a vehicle).  It's emotionally abusive of his wife if they aren't in an open marriage and she didn't agree.

Baker is a public figure who is being promoted with a certain image - the devoted husband and home-protector (Progressive ads) and the edgy, slightly bad-boy NFL star.  Against that background, it's probably news that instead, he may be a dirt-bag husband and sleazy sex addict.  It would certainly affect his celebrity endorsements.  It seems to me it also would have an impact on perception of him as a leader of the Cleveland Browns football team, setting an example for poor public behavior and prowling around the edges of shopping malls when maybe he should be watching film or otherwise getting ready for a game.

Keep your eyes peeled for his appearance in a flavored trojan ad!

Or maybe a range rover ad where he explains how much room there is for various activities? 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Maybe he has a Cheesecake Factory addiction and is just looking for a sensible reason to keep going there.

Addiction will make you do crazy things.  Getting hummers in the parking lot to keep going to Cheesecake Factory qualifies. ?

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I know, right? 

Everybody has some sort of version of him saying "so are we going to do this?". So I imagine he was pretty explicit in his requests up front.