Baker being Baker

Pokebball

35 minutes ago, eball said:

So you're saying Baker isn't Sean McVay?  ;)

Let’s just say he wasn’t listening (he hates Grossi), gave an answer that didn’t line up with the question, and Grossi didn’t let him off the hook. The question itself not only was fair but it was something everyone has been wondering about - wtf was going on with the 2 minute drill? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

He's a very unlikable dude. That's all I got to say. Interview just reaffirms that.

59 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

No social skills. Could be a manager at Verizon wireless

Baker, or Grossi the reporter?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I saw some comments on Twitter about this and the reporter is well known for being a jerk, apparently. I don't really have an issue with what Baker said but he's probably gotta be able to show that stupid questions like that don't phase him, because that's exactly the type of reaction that reporter is looking for in that case. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I saw some comments on Twitter about this and the reporter is well known for being a jerk, apparently. I don't really have an issue with what Baker said but he's probably gotta be able to show that stupid questions like that don't phase him, because that's exactly the type of reaction that reporter is looking for in that case. 

There is a ton of history between the two. Baker hates him - in fact he has had him blocked on twitter even since before he drafted.

• Haha (+1) 1

Good commercials though. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is a ton of history between the two. Baker hates him - in fact he has had him blocked on twitter even since before he drafted.

That is such a badass move. 

Edited by Sundancer

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Good commercials though. 

That is such a badass move. 

If an enemy wants to bring the U.S. to its knees, they have two options:

1.  Say something nasty about it on Twitter

or

2.  Blow up Twitter.  Things might just grind to a halt.

16 hours ago, eball said:

I dunno, I don't really have a problem with anything Baker said, but he probably needs to just control himself.  It was a dumb question by the reporter.

And before the last question, the reporter wouldn't even let Baker finish a sentence before interrupting him. Yes, dumb question.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Grossi proclaimed that he would retire if the Browns drafted him. Baker searches his mentions all the time on twitter so found out and blocked him. 

If Grossi did proclaim he would retire, that's not professional, at all.  I wouldn't even acknowledge him after games. Wouldn't even look his way. Or ask the following:

"Hey dude, you're retired. Why are you even here? Next." 

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If Grossi did proclaim he would retire, that's not professional, at all.  I wouldn't even acknowledge him after games. Wouldn't even look his way. Or ask the following:

"Hey dude, you're retired. Why are you even here? Next." 

Baker went after him quite a bit last year about it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What if the 2018 qb class just isn’t that good?  Looks super mediocre right now. 

And i hated Baker’s personality in college but grew to respect it. But when you’re losing and playing bad, he comes across like a spoiled little brat.  But some media members deserve to be treated like garbage because they talk real reckless (ie Jerry Sullivan).

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, stuvian said:

John Dorsey has whiffed badly on two head coaches now. 

Dorsey didn't hire Jackson.

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What if the 2018 qb class just isn’t that good?  Looks super mediocre right now. 

And i hated Baker’s personality in college but grew to respect it. But when you’re losing and playing bad, he comes across like a spoiled little brat.  But some media members deserve to be treated like garbage because they talk real reckless (ie Jerry Sullivan).

I remember making the point in 2017 that I thought the 2017 class could be as good. The argument at the time was "there might be 8 guys in the 2018 class the chances are better."

Would you swap any of those guys half way through year 2 with where Watson or Mahomes were at the same stage?

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A leetle disingenous at the end by Grossi, don't you think?

" Mayfield has the toughest job on the team, no doubt. For that reason, he has to be the most mentally tough for the team to succeed. For the first time, I question if he has it in him. "

Nah, Grossi, not the first time.

It's not exactly news that Mayfield has been motivating himself for years with negativity.  As Grossi says "Operates best as an Angry man"

The question is whether he can sustain anger and negativity as motivation through the ups and downs of an NFL career.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

" Mayfield has the toughest job on the team, no doubt. For that reason, he has to be the most mentally tough for the team to succeed. For the first time, I question if he has it in him. "

It's not exactly news that Mayfield has been motivating himself for years with negativity.  As Grossi says "Operates best as an Angry man"

The question is whether he can sustain anger and negativity as motivation through the ups and downs of an NFL career.

I took that as Grossi wondering for the first time if Mayfield has mental toughness in him. But maybe he has questioned it before. I understand he’s questioned his abilities a lot before. 

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He definitely has an agenda! Baker needs to not play into it though. He’s just giving him what he wants 

• Like (+1) 1

Mayfield is very immature.  Too emotional, and a QB should not be that external with it.

He could grow out of it.  We will see. Lots of ability there.  

Im rooting for them to lose to the Broncos though.  The thing could fly off the tracks right on time for the Bills' game.

• Like (+1) 1