McDermott on no trades: "There have been too many years of irresponsible decision-making, let's just put it that way."

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The dark lord may well have known and engineered it such that the one guy he knew he could beat in a crucial game, Andy Reid, would end up with Mahomes.  

One guy, lol. Anyway, nice try but it was hardly obvious and the reasons for what transpired are beyond well worn territory on the forum. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Well, most Bills fans do know. It was clear his answer wasn’t just referencing trades. . While the QB was obviously a big problem, there were many others involving draft picks, salary cap management etc. 

The lack of a good QB was always THE problem. The Bills ran out some very talented defenses, receivers, and RBs over the years.  It's why they were never 2-14 despite bad quarterbacks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

The lack of a good QB was always THE problem. The Bills ran out some very talented defenses, receivers, and RBs over the years.  It's why they were never 2-14 despite bad quarterbacks. 

It wasn’t a successful formula. 

McDermott on no trades: "There have been too many years of irresponsible decision-making, let's just put it that way."

.....speaking from experience ?

The process clock is ticking down Sean.

Edited by I am the egg man

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Yup, and they backed themselves into a corner in Whaley's first year where they just had to draft one early, and it just so happened to be one of the worst years ever for QBs. They botched up the position for so long in so many different ways, obviously.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

One guy, lol. Anyway, nice try but it was hardly obvious and the reasons for what transpired are beyond well worn territory on the forum. 

Andy Reid and Sean Peyton are two of the best QB evaluators and coaches in the league, period. They wanted him. I'd trust their opinion about his talent level coming out, and the fact that both wanted him tells you all you need to know.  The fact that teams that kill QB careers for a living - Chicago and Buffalo - didn't take him tells me nothing. 

Edited by dave mcbride

35 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

That's the first clear-cut, no BS statement he's ever made and I applaud him for it.

Just because you have money in your pocket, doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a Porsche or Benz....you can hold that money to assure future signings of your own elite, uninjured, non-headcase players.

(No offense to the Versa Note owners on this board....ahem, @Gugny...ahem)

You're gonna get the Lambo, though, right? Because if not I have a problem...

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Of course you were..... since everyone knew what Mahomes was going to do, I wonder why BB didn’t give up his whole draft for the first overall pick and take Mahomes ? 

Nobody really knows what ANY of these guys will do ... but it wont stop the narrative, and try as you might?  It still reflects poorly on a teams decision making.  We heard forever how "We coulda had Gronk, we coulda had Rogers",and those misses were part of the failure narrative for years (Except to Torell Troup)  If Allen isn't the guy and Mahomes/Watson stay on their current trajectory?  You're gonna hear about it for years to come

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService
typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

.....speaking from experience ?

The process clock is ticking down Sean.

Yeah, he is in real danger here...    :wallbash:

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He didn't say anything.  If he had balls, he'd have either said, "this team was set behind years by the previous GM and HC," or said, "Brandon Beane and I have already made bad decisions and we're trying to avoid making more," or both.

But he said neither.

His wording is cryptic and weak, if you ask me.

The coaches who are open with the fans and media just don't last very long, I'm sure McDermott knows this.

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

The coaches who are open with the fans and media just don't last very long, I'm sure McDermott knows this.

He's done pretty well in doing his best Belichick.  This was a definite slip-up.