McDermott on no trades: "There have been too many years of irresponsible decision-making, let's just put it that way."

YoloinOhio

That's the first clear-cut, no BS statement he's ever made and I applaud him for it.

Just because you have money in your pocket, doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a Porsche or Benz....you can hold that money to assure future signings of your own elite, uninjured, non-headcase players.

(No offense to the Versa Note owners on this board....ahem, @Gugny...ahem)

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So he either bad-mouthed previous administrations, or Brandon Beane and himself, or both. Not sure that was necessary. 

Nix and Whaley made dumb decisions. We also did, but we've learned from it.

- McD, kind of

Oh, and Russ Brandon. The beacon of good decisionmaking. 

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

He didn't say anything.  If he had balls, he'd have either said, "this team was set behind years by the previous GM and HC," or said, "Brandon Beane and I have already made bad decisions and we're trying to avoid making more," or both.

But he said neither.

His wording is cryptic and weak, if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bleh. We still love you but you’re not in a place to be making that statement. Unless of course that wasn’t just a cheap shot at previous regimes but also an admission that you wasted real NFL snaps on Nate Peterman.

You also couldn’t stop yourself from signing Star even when all evidence said he was trending downward. 

Win a playoff game then you can say whatever you want without me ranting.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whaley's trades for players:

Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

A fifth and a seventh for Matt Cassel and a sixth

Trade deadline trades: I'm fairly certain the number under Whaley was zero. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

What move has this team made other than KB? So not sure what McD is talking about unless he is putting down his current GM. Funny that a lot of the positive talk on Beane has been his willingness to take chances and make trades. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1