Jets could be eliminated from Playoff Contention

I don't recall ANYONE seriously picking the Jets to make the playoffs this season, sure as heck wasn't their fanbase.

I recall way too many picking the Browns to DOMINATE the AFC, possibly win the Super Bowl this season.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I don't recall ANYONE seriously picking the Jets to make the playoffs this season, sure as heck wasn't their fanbase.

I recall way too many picking the Browns to DOMINATE the AFC, possibly win the Super Bowl this season.

From what I recall  

NE, JETS, Fish and Buffalo (Wrong Josh)

After Miami started unloading players and traded for the other Josh it went to 

NE, JETS, Buffalo (Wrong Josh) and Fish  (Really wrong Josh)

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You must not have been seeing anything from sports writers, ESPN, FS1, and some on NFLN.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

From what I recall  

NE, JETS, Fish and Buffalo (Wrong Josh)

After Miami started unloading players and traded for the other Josh it went to 

NE, JETS, Buffalo (Wrong Josh) and Fish  (Really wrong Josh)

the Bills were picked for last place?

a few loonbins on this board?

c'mon....

• Haha (+1) 1

CBS on Labor Day weekend 

AFC East

1. *Patriots: 12-4
2. Bills: 8-8
3. Jets: 7-9
4. Dolphins: 5-11

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26540530/2019-nfl-schedule-record-predictions-analysis-all-32-teams

New York Jets   Predicted record: 8-8

Buffalo Bills       Predicted record: 7-9

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2019/04/18/ny-jets-2019-prediction-how-many-games-they-win/3499979002/

PREDICTION: WIN

FINAL RECORD: 9-7. There's no guarantee the Jets will get into the playoffs with this record — remember, they missed out with 10 wins in 2015. But even if they don't make it, a 9-7 season would be a clear step in the right direction and put them in contention to be a true contender in 2020. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26540530/2019-nfl-schedule-record-predictions-analysis-all-32-teams

New York Jets   Predicted record: 8-8

Buffalo Bills       Predicted record: 7-9

Buffalo could finish 12-4 and win a game in the post-season this year, and they'll be right back to predicting 7-9 in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 2

New York Jets 2019 Season Preview: Players to watch and record prediction

Sam Darnold and new additions could put the Jets over the top in 2019

By Ralph Vacchiano | Sep 6 | 5:15PM -SNY

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The arrival of Sam Darnold gave Jets fans something they had been lacking for years: Hope. And that hope for the future got stronger as the new franchise quarterback got better late in his rookie season.

Now, that hope has become excitement and expectation. Even Darnold admits things are different this season. Even he knows that what he did last season was just the start.

"I think I was in a different place," the 22-year-old said. "Just being a rookie going into my first game, I was just feeling a little bit different. I wasn't nearly as comfortable as I am now."

He's looked more comfortable and more confident all summer, and with good reason. The Jets have a lot of new pieces around him, from offensive-minded coach Adam Gase to dangerous running back Le'Veon Bell to elusive receiver Jamison Crowder. They believe all the pieces are in place. And even though none of them will publicly say "playoffs," they believe their time to arrive as a postseason contender is now.

Are they right? Can Darnold really leap into the ranks of the elite quarterbacks? Will Bell still be one of the NFL's best weapons after a 20-month layoff? Or are there still just enough holes on the roster -- particularly on defense -- to delay the Jets' take off for another year?

Here's a preview of the 2019 Jets :

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/new-york-jets-2019-season-preview-players-to-watch-and-record-prediction/310575494

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

New York Jets 2019 Season Preview: Players to watch and record prediction

Sam Darnold and new additions could put the Jets over the top in 2019

By Ralph Vacchiano | Sep 6 | 5:15PM -SNY

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The arrival of Sam Darnold gave Jets fans something they had been lacking for years: Hope. And that hope for the future got stronger as the new franchise quarterback got better late in his rookie season.

Now, that hope has become excitement and expectation. Even Darnold admits things are different this season. Even he knows that what he did last season was just the start.

"I think I was in a different place," the 22-year-old said. "Just being a rookie going into my first game, I was just feeling a little bit different. I wasn't nearly as comfortable as I am now."

He's looked more comfortable and more confident all summer, and with good reason. The Jets have a lot of new pieces around him, from offensive-minded coach Adam Gase to dangerous running back Le'Veon Bell to elusive receiver Jamison Crowder. They believe all the pieces are in place. And even though none of them will publicly say "playoffs," they believe their time to arrive as a postseason contender is now.

Are they right? Can Darnold really leap into the ranks of the elite quarterbacks? Will Bell still be one of the NFL's best weapons after a 20-month layoff? Or are there still just enough holes on the roster -- particularly on defense -- to delay the Jets' take off for another year?

Here's a preview of the 2019 Jets :

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/new-york-jets-2019-season-preview-players-to-watch-and-record-prediction/310575494

they do this stuff every year

there is no way the Jets were picked for a playoff spot as a top 1,000 prediction in quantity in the preseason

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I sorta understood the off-season hype for the Jets. It was pretty much just based around them signing Bell and Mosley, and that many thought Gase would "unlock" Darnold's max potential. What wasn't mentioned was the fact that their OL isn't very good and Bell has benefited from a solid OL in Pittsburgh for most of his career. What also wasn't talked about was the fact that Gase is a terrible leader and hasn't shown at all that he can get his entire team to buy into his program. I hear that some players love the guy and others can't stand him. Not exactly a recipe for success. 

Edited by blacklabel

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

THIS WEEKEND!

This was a trendy playoff pick and universally picked to blow the Bills out of the water and they will likely be eliminated before week 10?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/30/if-patriots-win-jets-dolphins-loser-is-mathematically-eliminated-in-afc-east/

It's all fun and games ragging on the Jets, but have you considered this makes our 1 point victory over them look really lame?

New England beat the Jets 33-0.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Generally the NFL season doesn’t pan out as expected for several teams.  How quickly the Falcons went from a Super Bowl team to one of the worst.  Rams have regressed from last season.  Indy was expected to be bad after Luck retired.  Niners go from 4-12 to 7-0. Are they really that good?  

As Chris Berman has frequently said: “That’s why they play the games.”

I thought they could be a 6 or 7 game winning team. Darnold being out after game 1 hurt. Also being down to their 3rd qb soon after. Never thought it could get this bad.

Edit: Looking at their schedule, it's been a really tough one so far. Looking at the rest of the schedule, they could win 6 more games. The next 6 are winnable.