Clear Sign Beane Doesn't Think We Are Ready

Ghs24mike

not scrolling through 6 pages so forgive me. This is regurgitated from Marcel. Not exactly a hot take and not exactly inaccurate. I want Bills fans to be honest. Can this team win a super bowl? I am as optimistic as the next guy but even in a weak AFC I am not sure. 

He is spot on. https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41082955-4

Marcel raises excellent points and if you want to admit it or not Beane knows more about football then us. We are not in a position where one player or even two makes us a super bowl winner. The ultimate goal. Building blocks are in place. 

Eagles fans are complaining about their GM on twitter...................Somebody, who was trying to be like a voice of reason, said the Patriots killed the market for everybody.

How did the Patriots do that?  

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

We're never, ever going to see a schedule this easy again. That was the point of that thread. It's now or never.

If McDermott and Allen can't win 12-13 games this season, then they likely aren't capable of ever winning a Super Bowl for this franchise.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

We're never, ever going to see a schedule this easy again. That was the point of that thread. It's now or never.

I guess my crystal ball isn't as crystal clear as yours.

We’re not ready. We are moving in the right direction, but we need another season or two before we are really ready. I think we might make the playoffs, and even possibly win a game, in part because of the weak AFC this year, but we are not truly READY.  

I do do however believe that we will be during Allen’s rookie contract.  Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I will be ok. I still think they make the playoffs. Josh is going to continue to get better. 

I really hope Knox and Kroft start to get more opportunities. I still see 10-6 and a fifth seed.

How do you go from the extreme that was your first post to this perfectly measured response? Lol. Josh is still on the upward path. If he gets to where he needs to be, the sky is the limit.

30 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

One thing that stands out to me is that the run defense hasn’t been much better, if at all since the Rex days. That was an issue we had with Rex & feel McD needs to carry some blame for it not being much better. 

It wasn't good McD's first year but it's improved from there.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think next year they will make some big moves. Next year the Super Bowl window opens. We have over $90 million in cap space and a full draft. They didn't want to mortgage the future this year, I get it.

Yeh especially when there's literally no reason to do so. Bills are playing with house money right now at 5-2 in a weak AFC. Next year a ton of cap space, some decent FA in positions of need, draft.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Next years the year.... until it isn't.?

I think you'll see them spend money on some actually GOOD FAs this offseason. They don't really have a choice. Next year will ride on Allen taking a big step because the chances of next years schedule being another cake walk is slim to none. 

Schedule.  Blah, blah, blah.  This time last year people were saying the schedule this year would be tough.

I like Beane's personnel strategy to date. Accumulate draft picks and don't overpay for vets. Any fool can chase his tail like the Bears, Dolphins, Jets and Redskins do year after year. We're still building a culture with the players we have. You can't stroke cheques for that.

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding next year's schedule, it will be harder because we play the NFC West and the AFC West.  All that traveling is tough, and the Bills have historically been ineffective on the west coast.  

According to https://fbschedules.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/  we'll be at home for the Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Seahawks, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, and a team from the AFC North.  We'll travel to the 49ers, Cardinals, Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, and a team from the AFC South.  Considering the Bills will almost certainly finish #2 in the AFC East this year, those two unnamed teams will be very good.  

Some of those teams are going to be very tough, others are good now but trending down.  If it weren't for the travel, I'd say we should still be OK.  But the travel is going to make a difference.  I think 2019 is the year to make the playoffs and maybe win a game.  2020 will be a struggle.  2021 looks a lot better.

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'd say it's a clear sign Beane refuses to be hijacked.

Exactly. It takes 2 sides to agree on a trade.  

Say the Bills were talking to Denver about Sanders, and the Broncs already had the offer from SF.  They would expect the Bills to top it. So, would that be a 2nd and a 3rd?  I’m not sure that’s a fair deal for Sanders.  He wouldnt significantly affect the Bills WR corps in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Regarding next year's schedule, it will be harder because we play the NFC West and the AFC West.  All that traveling is tough, and the Bills have historically been ineffective on the west coast.  

According to https://fbschedules.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/  we'll be at home for the Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Seahawks, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, and a team from the AFC North.  We'll travel to the 49ers, Cardinals, Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, and a team from the AFC South.  Considering the Bills will almost certainly finish #2 in the AFC East this year, those two unnamed teams will be very good.  

Some of those teams are going to be very tough, others are good now but trending down.  If it weren't for the travel, I'd say we should still be OK.  But the travel is going to make a difference.  I think 2019 is the year to make the playoffs and maybe win a game.  2020 will be a struggle.  2021 looks a lot better.

Remember those teams needs to travel East to games usually at 1 PM.  It will be tougher on them traveling since 4 teams (2 from AFCW and 2 from NFCW) will be travelling east.

32 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That schedule has 9-7 written all over it even if the team is improved.