Clear Sign Beane Doesn't Think We Are Ready

Ghs24mike

1 hour ago, Ghs24mike said:

Weakest the AFC has been in a long time. We have a 5-2 record staring 8-2 in the face. Patriots play a bunch of tough games down the stretch, but Beane decided not to risk our future on a small window of time. He is clearly saying this isn't our year. 

We need one more solid draft, and clear evidence Josh is our guy. New England and San Fran made trades. The two best teams in the league traded assets to win now.  New England gave up a high draft pick for Sonu because they feel confident they have a shot to win it all this year. Beane clearly doesn't think that. 

Disappointing, yet understandable. 

Gag...gag.....gonna trust the process for another year. 

You are right. Clear as looking thru Mississippi mud during a full eclipse.

Hopefully the Eagles game let us all know that we are not ready at all.

0-2 against respectable teams. Offense cant get it right yet.

Lets just work on getting Josh right. If we make a wildcard....cool...but we wont be favored in any playoff game and wont win.

I’m a little disappointed. If the Bills could have grabbed a player to solidify an area of weakness and help win games.... winning games helps drive a free agent market. 

Im thinking Bills should go 12-4 or 11-5.... but what if struggles continue at RB, WR, DE, DT, OT.....? And Bills end up 9-7?  Free agents won’t see us. We have money for FA. But the Bills needs to be attractive through wins.

How many trades actually happened today? Five or six? How many were blockbusters? Zero?

The NFL is a league where teams build through the draft and free agency. Trades are used mostly as a way to move disgruntled players and dump big salaries. Why give up assets to get an overpaid player his former team didn't want, who probably doesn't know your system, when you have a rich menu of prime players available in the off season?

Edited by skibum

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Regardless of our record or the relative weakness of the AFC, anyone who's watched the Bills play this year can see that we're not Super Bowl contenders yet. I wouldn't want him to mortgage the future for an ultra-slim chance of winning it all this year.

exactly. Eagles took us to school.
nuff said

Bills have work to do.

Couple years ago they overhauled the Defense

and that has shown improvement markedly eh ? did not break the bank either

Last year Beanes overhauled the Offense. spent a bit more but definitely better *

This coming year is fine tuning the details and moving on from what has not worked.
another decent offseason will be telling .

* Two players

!!  Allen is holding back the Offense. no one can question he is still raw in so many ways , can they ? and is he the answer ?
! Edmunds. still streaky and gets fooled. Not sure he is what Bills need at MLB.

but let me be sure to tell you, I am very hopeful that both will continue to improve , as they both certainly have.

But they also both make enough mistakes at key positions to perhaps call them game changers.

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, skibum said:

How many trades actually happened today? Five or six? How many were blockbusters? Zero?

The NFL is a league where teams build through the draft and free agency. Trades are used mostly as a way to move disgruntled players and dump big salaries. Why give up assets to get an overpaid player his former team didn't want, who probably doesn't know your system, when you have a rich menu of prime players available in the off season?

Stop confusing irrational ranters with facts.  They play Fantasy Football GM and traded for an entire offense last night so how hard is it for a GM with actual money to do so?

If there was a reasonable trade to be had, he probably would have traded.  He isn't going out there trading first round picks for over the hill guys like Green.  What small window?  No guy or even couple of guys is going to get us to a superbowl.  Playoffs maybe but we might get there anyways.  No sense trading away valuable picks to get to a wildcard.  As negative as this thread is trying to be, not trading just re-affirms that Beane is a smart GM and not another Doug Whaley.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ghs24mike said:

Weakest the AFC has been in a long time. We have a 5-2 record staring 8-2 in the face. Patriots play a bunch of tough games down the stretch, but Beane decided not to risk our future on a small window of time. He is clearly saying this isn't our year. 

We need one more solid draft, and clear evidence Josh is our guy. New England and San Fran made trades. The two best teams in the league traded assets to win now.  New England gave up a high draft pick for Sonu because they feel confident they have a shot to win it all this year. Beane clearly doesn't think that. 

Disappointing, yet understandable. 

Gag...gag.....gonna trust the process for another year. 

Can't be true. Fans here have been telling me how crazy I am for not thinking Sunday was a fluke and that we should hold a parade for a 5-2 record.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If there was a reasonable trade to be had, he probably would have traded.  He isn't going out there trading first round picks for over the hill guys like Green.  What small window?  No guy or even couple of guys is going to get us to a superbowl.  Playoffs maybe but we might get there anyways.  No sense trading away valuable picks to get to a wildcard.  As negative as this thread is trying to be, not trading just re-affirms that Beane is a smart GM and not another Doug Whaley.

...better don the kevlar vest.....this "voice of reason stuff" makes you a target....SMH............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Can't be true. Fans here have been telling me how crazy I am for not thinking Sunday was a fluke and that we should hold a parade for a 5-2 record.

But what about that thread you started "I'm just going to come out and say it, this is the year"? Think it was a week and a half old? Change of heart this fast?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I think The Rams spoiled the trade market giving up two firsts and a 4th for Ramsey. A lot of the teams holding the big players like Washington and Cincy were hoping to get a ridiculous return for their players based off of the inflated values other teams got for their players. I think it is unfortunate that Cincy was not open for business as Billings would have been a good grab to give the defense some reinforcements at a reasonable price. But to me it was clear that the only deals out on the market were overpays that would not have suited the interests of the team long term and would not have improved the team enough in the short term. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I think The Rams spoiled the trade market giving up two firsts and a 4th for Ramsey. A lot of the teams holding the big players like Washington and Cincy were hoping to get a ridiculous return for their players based off of the inflated values other teams got for their players. I think it is unfortunate that Cincy was not open for business as Billings would have been a good grab to give the defense some reinforcements at a reasonable price. But to me it was clear that the only deals out on the market were overpays that would not have suited the interests of the team long term and would not have improved the team enough in the short term. 

That's a very reasonable assessment.

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

But what about that thread you started "I'm just going to come out and say it, this is the year"? Think it was a week and a half old? Change of heart this fast?

We're never, ever going to see a schedule this easy again. That was the point of that thread. It's now or never.

If McDermott and Allen can't win 12-13 games this season, then they likely aren't capable of ever winning a Super Bowl for this franchise.

One thing that stands out to me is that the run defense hasn’t been much better, if at all since the Rex days. That was an issue we had with Rex & feel McD needs to carry some blame for it not being much better. 

Edited by Captain Murica