Clear Sign Beane Doesn't Think We Are Ready

Ghs24mike

Regardless of our record or the relative weakness of the AFC, anyone who's watched the Bills play this year can see that we're not Super Bowl contenders yet. I wouldn't want him to mortgage the future for an ultra-slim chance of winning it all this year.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Ghs24mike said:

Weakest the AFC has been in a long time. We have a 5-2 record staring 8-2 in the face. Patriots play a bunch of tough games down the stretch, but Beane decided not to risk our future on a small window of time. He is clearly saying this isn't our year. 

We need one more solid draft, and clear evidence Josh is our guy. New England and San Fran made trades. The two best teams in the league traded assets to win now.  New England gave up a high draft pick for Sonu because they feel confident they have a shot to win it all this year. Beane clearly doesn't think that. 

Disappointing, yet understandable. 

Gag...gag.....gonna trust the process for another year. 

One trade was made by a winless team and it was a salary dump trade.  Today says nothing about what Beane thinks of this team. 

The players I would have swung for were not available, besides the fact we are more than 1 or 2 players away (but I would have loved Von or a Julio type player). What was available is nothing better than what we already have on the roster. Staying pat was a smart move...

Just now, BillsDiehard said:

Bold Prediction: Pats release Gordon and we sign him!

subject to waivers

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ghs24mike said:

Weakest the AFC has been in a long time. We have a 5-2 record staring 8-2 in the face. Patriots play a bunch of tough games down the stretch, but Beane decided not to risk our future on a small window of time. He is clearly saying this isn't our year. 

We need one more solid draft, and clear evidence Josh is our guy. New England and San Fran made trades. The two best teams in the league traded assets to win now.  New England gave up a high draft pick for Sonu because they feel confident they have a shot to win it all this year. Beane clearly doesn't think that. 

Disappointing, yet understandable. 

Gag...gag.....gonna trust the process for another year. 

10 posts..... you should only be practice squad eligible when starting new threads

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

He was in on both receivers a few days ago but lost out to Pats and Niners, It doesn't always work......

Yes but that doesn't mean the OP's point is incorrect at all.  Beane may have been all in for Sanu as long as Atlanta took a 5th  rounder for him.  Once the price got too high he was not longer in.

Personally I was all in for the Bills trading for Green, Williams, Beasley and Miller as long as after all the trades were done the Bills still had their 1st thru 3rd round picks and at least one of their 4ths. Probably would want a DT thrown in their too.

As far as NE having a tougher schedule, only two games differ, admittedly, they are quite a bit tougher than ours.  But overall do agree we are still a year away.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

He is a moron if he thinks this team is good right now  he is delusional if this team does not make the playoffs let alone if we lose to the dolphins in a couple of weeks and be there win he should be fired.  If I was the owner I would tell him if we miss the playoffs your fired because you had draft picks to use and not use one of them.  If the fan base saw the Bill's in the playoffs the last 19 years then I would say yeah trust the process but  going 20 years and made the playoffs once and  you bone head is saying trust the process  if think the ab trade debacle was bad wait until you have draft picks saying we want nothing to do with this team.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes by all means hold onto those draft picks so we can draft WRs that can't catch, a RB from a tiny school that can't get reps from a 36 year old, and a MLB that lacks instincts. 

Beane and everyone of these GMs are so gull of themselves thinking they can evaluate talent. 

Could have had a proven talent today for the price of a lottery ticket next year. Terrible. Just awful. This regime wasted an entire 2018 season admittedly putting a noncompetitive team on the field. Now when the playoffs and a real shot at advancing they sit on the sidelines. Oliver is not producing and if history repeats will get worse as the season wears on. Murphy is a PED fake making millions with zero impact. Hard to believe a character guy like McD has him on the team if they want to win the right way. 

They are 8-8 talent playing a 12-4 schedule.  The next four games will decide the playoffs.

Do you need a hug?

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes by all means hold onto those draft picks so we can draft WRs that can't catch, a RB from a tiny school that can't get reps from a 36 year old, and a MLB that lacks instincts. 

Beane and everyone of these GMs are so gull of themselves thinking they can evaluate talent. 

Could have had a proven talent today for the price of a lottery ticket next year. Terrible. Just awful. This regime wasted an entire 2018 season admittedly putting a noncompetitive team on the field. Now when the playoffs and a real shot at advancing they sit on the sidelines. Oliver is not producing and if history repeats will get worse as the season wears on. Murphy is a PED fake making millions with zero impact. Hard to believe a character guy like McD has him on the team if they want to win the right way. 

They are 8-8 talent playing a 12-4 schedule.  The next four games will decide the playoffs.

This was very dramatic

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Do you need a hug?

I'd hug him. I think he needs it. 

• Haha (+1) 1