Clear Sign Beane Doesn't Think We Are Ready

Ghs24mike

Weakest the AFC has been in a long time. We have a 5-2 record staring 8-2 in the face. Patriots play a bunch of tough games down the stretch, but Beane decided not to risk our future on a small window of time. He is clearly saying this isn't our year. 

We need one more solid draft, and clear evidence Josh is our guy. New England and San Fran made trades. The two best teams in the league traded assets to win now.  New England gave up a high draft pick for Sonu because they feel confident they have a shot to win it all this year. Beane clearly doesn't think that. 

Disappointing, yet understandable. 

Gag...gag.....gonna trust the process for another year. 

• Like (+1) 24

I forget exactly where it was said but word was Beane sees next year as the year.  I presume that means he'll spend the rest of the cap and trade as necessary.  

It makes sense.  Your young QB is in year 3 and 2 years away from a huge contract.  Try to win in those two years and then after Josh is hopefully ready in year 6 to do more with less.  You then trim the contracts out and give the money to him.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ghs24mike said:

Weakest the AFC has been in a long time. We have a 5-2 record staring 8-2 in the face. Patriots play a bunch of tough games down the stretch, but Beane decided not to risk our future on a small window of time. He is clearly saying this isn't our year. 

We need one more solid draft, and clear evidence Josh is our guy. New England and San Fran made trades. The two best teams in the league traded assets to win now.  New England gave up a high draft pick for Sonu because they feel confident they have a shot to win it all this year. Beane clearly doesn't think that. 

Anyone with at least one working eye could see we werent a player or two away from a Superbowl. With that said Im pretty sure he wanted to make some moves but didnt find a deal that was worth it.

• Like (+1) 7

I think the clear sign reads "GMs of teams with terrible records value assets more than teams with winning records trying to add one more piece to the puzzle, so few trades take place"

Long sign, not as simple as "left lane for passing" but hell no one reads that sign either.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beane is a bold move maker in terms of trades. HOWEVER...he is not a sucker. He is not a dupe. If the value isn't there or the player doesn't fit the long term vision, he's not going to force a move just for the sake of making a move. This is a good thing.

Beane's smart enough to know that there weren't any players on the market this year that were somehow going to transform the Bills into Super Bowl contenders in 2019. The Bills are NOT one player away from a championship.

I like Beane. I trust Beane. I trust the process.

On to Washington.

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes by all means hold onto those draft picks so we can draft WRs that can't catch, a RB from a tiny school that can't get reps from a 36 year old, and a MLB that lacks instincts. 

Beane and everyone of these GMs are so gull of themselves thinking they can evaluate talent. 

Could have had a proven talent today for the price of a lottery ticket next year. Terrible. Just awful. This regime wasted an entire 2018 season admittedly putting a noncompetitive team on the field. Now when the playoffs and a real shot at advancing they sit on the sidelines. Oliver is not producing and if history repeats will get worse as the season wears on. Murphy is a PED fake making millions with zero impact. Hard to believe a character guy like McD has him on the team if they want to win the right way. 

They are 8-8 talent playing a 12-4 schedule.  The next four games will decide the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zevo said:

Yes...cuz im sure the other team in the negotiations has nothing to do with it 

Sometimes you have to overspend and take a risk. I get what Beane is doing and like I said I will trust the process. Just weird that other teams (not this particular draft deadline) but teams like the Rams with Ramsey, Cowboys with Cooper, New England with Sonu are willing to take risks. I do not know what went on behind closed doors, but its hard to imagine we couldnt have traded for SOMEONE that could help our team in a position of need. 

I will stay positive and hope we can stop the run this week.

7 minutes ago, Ghs24mike said:

How do we know that he wasn't trying to trade for a player but just didn't like compensation? To say that he didn't make a trade because he doesn't think we're ready is an assumption. Who sits back at 5-2 with a real shot at making a strong playoff run and says "we're not ready for this?" He did it in 2017 and we were in no different shape than we are now. I would say the fact he made no trades means nothing

• Thank you (+1) 1

We are not ready. We have a Qb who is in his learning year (meaning : he is trying to figure out how to be a pocket passer), we have a MLB who can cover the entire field against passing plays but is a huge liability with the run game up the middle right at him. Our pass rush is questionable, and our Offensive coordinator seems to be more interested in throwing Allen to the passing game wolves than designing a game plan to protect his deficiencies, right or wrong to be determined. There are way to many questions that need  answers to, to start flinging away draft picks.