Jets looking to deal L Bell

FluffHead

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I didn't like the move either.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Shady doesn’t last the season in KC, especially if they can acquire Bell. He has fumbled in critical situations and got put on ice with 0 carries in the 4th qtr Sunday night. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Would it have to be structured post 6/1?  Overthcap has his dead cap hit for a trade pre 6/1 as 8,000,000- they would still save a lot of jack over the last three years of the contract.   I mean they essentially pay him his full contract to get 7 games out of him and sell his contract, I dont think thats a bad deal for them if they want him off the team.

Otherwise, I dont see them trading him in the division, and he is projected to have about 100 more total yards than Gore.  Essentially the Bills would be giving up a draft pick for a push on production.

There are different cap ramifications in a pre or post 6/1 trade

image.thumb.png.01e7b34733244adffc8e0a2ebd4c1cfe.png

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Singletary has talent, but he's never going to carry the entire load, like Bell is capable of doing.  He's just not that kind of back. 

Singletary definitely carried the load while at FAU, racking up 714 career carries over three seasons. In fact, that was one of the knocks on him coming out this year, maybe too much tread worn off the tires. I dunno, maybe that's why they're limiting his involvement? I kinda doubt that, I mean, he's shown he can carry the ball 20 times a game. I think Daboll is just getting a little too smartypants for his own good and tries to keep Singletary stashed in his back pocket and then utilize him only in specific situations. But, keep doing that enough and it's gonna get real easy to predict. Defenses will be like, "Oh, 26 is in, he's probably getting the ball." Just spitballin'. Maybe Daboll gets a little too caught up in the chess match at times, I dunno. 

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

WTAF is with supposed bills fans wanting to see top flight talent elsewhere in the AFC?

People have gone full ######

This.

I guess we are so beaten down as fans that we just assume we can’t have nice things.  F the Chiefs.  We should go and get Bell.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Singletary definitely carried the load while at FAU, racking up 714 career carries over three seasons. In fact, that was one of the knocks on him coming out this year, maybe too much tread worn off the tires. I dunno, maybe that's why they're limiting his involvement? I kinda doubt that, I mean, he's shown he can carry the ball 20 times a game. I think Daboll is just getting a little too smartypants for his own good and tries to keep Singletary stashed in his back pocket and then utilize him only in specific situations. But, keep doing that enough and it's gonna get real easy to predict. Defenses will be like, "Oh, 26 is in, he's probably getting the ball." Just spitballin'. Maybe Daboll gets a little too caught up in the chess match at times, I dunno. 

I guess we don't know for sure, but carrying a full load at FAU isn't the same as doing it in the NFL.  Maybe Singletary can do it here, but I have my doubts.  He not very big or very fast and he's going to take a lot of hits if he's touching the ball 20 times/game.  He seems to me more like a situational guy, but it's probably too early to tell.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I guess we don't know for sure, but carrying a full load at FAU isn't the same as doing it in the NFL.  Maybe Singletary can do it here, but I have my doubts.  He not very big or very fast and he's going to take a lot of hits if he's touching the ball 20 times/game.  He seems to me more like a situational guy, but it's probably too early to tell.

Yeah, based on what they said in the off-season it sounded like they were definitely looking at having running back by committee this season. Which is fine, but it'd probably make more sense if they evened things out between 20 and 26.

There is approximately 0% chance the Bills will trade for Bell.  It would be the dumbest move the could make, right ahead of trading for Melvin Gordon.  RB is not even close to the biggest need the Bills have if they are going to make a trade, nor do I see them investing those kind of dollars in RB, especially one who has proved to be not worth his contract so far.  Stupid speculation by good old Mannish.  

If Beane is looking at anything it would be WR, DT, and DB/LB depth.  

23 minutes ago, Romie said:

He had 23 yards last week.

Exactly.  He was a game changer two years ago with Pittsburgh.  There is no evidence to suggest he still is.  A year and a half on the couch is a long time for a RB.  Thus far his reputation exceeds his demonstrated ability pretty substantially.  

Just now, FLFan said:

Exactly.  He was a game changer two years ago with Pittsburgh.  There is no evidence to suggest he still is.  A year and a half on the couch is a long time for a RB.  Thus far his reputation exceeds his demonstrated ability pretty substantially.  

Did you guys watch the Bills Jets game week one? LeVeon is still extremely talented. He's on the Jets and behind a terrible o-line with no other playmakers.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bell would be DANGEROUS in Andy Reid’s offense

Let Andy Reid be the next to overpay for this guy.  Won't make a difference for them.

Gordon and Bell, when all is said and done, will have destroyed the market for veteran RBs.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

image.jpeg.dc9b09831aaf0be1c4c306c6935cfd5b.jpeg

Two three shots of vodka in that orange juice...