Jets looking to deal L Bell

FluffHead

Just now, london_bills said:

I could see the bills doing this trade Actually. Beane won't give up a first though and so that's what the jets would want

They will be lucky to get a late third or fourth for him.  Six months ago, he was available as a free agent, for zero compensation. 

I'd rather have Bell than Gordon but we don't even use our full complement of RBs now. Yeldon is inactive half the time and Singletary never touches the ball. I get that special teams are important but there's a point when it starts limiting your offense. That's why Perry plays and Yeldon sits.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

It contradicts what their website says, plus the trade needs to be structured as post 6/1/20

Would it have to be structured post 6/1?  Overthcap has his dead cap hit for a trade pre 6/1 as 8,000,000- they would still save a lot of jack over the last three years of the contract.   I mean they essentially pay him his full contract to get 7 games out of him and sell his contract, I dont think thats a bad deal for them if they want him off the team.

Otherwise, I dont see them trading him in the division, and he is projected to have about 100 more total yards than Gore.  Essentially the Bills would be giving up a draft pick for a push on production.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

They will be lucky to get a late third or fourth for him.  Six months ago, he was available as a free agent, for zero compensation. 

If that's the comp then I can see them talking now. They will do anything that helps Josh Allen out more. 

Edited by london_bills

I'd sling a 5th for him if he'd be willing to restructure his contract to where it was in the 9 mill per range with an easy out after 2020 if it's not working. No way in Hades would I be paying him 13 mill at any point. 

• Like (+1) 1

There’s only $13m in guarantees going forward.  That is a deal for a top 5 RB.  Jets already paid half of his guarantees.  You will have to pay Gordon more guaranteed money to re-sign him and he’s not as good as Bell.  Jets took most of the risk.  I’d give up a 2nd rounder for him.