Jets looking to deal L Bell

FluffHead

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Kind of like the guy we already had on the roster. McCoy is better than any RB on the team now. Stupid move cutting him. He loved playing in Buffalo. He would be amazing in this offense. 

But Al Michaels said on SNF McCoy had been trying to get traded for 2 years 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That's amazing.

Hire a crazy guy as a HC.

Let crazy HC run FA and draft.

Fire the GM.

Hire new GM that didn't want crazy HC or any of his acquisitions.

Get rid of talented players.

What's next, keep crazy HC?

On WFAN today it was heavily discussed they may trade Jamal Adams.

apparently they don’t think he will sign there and want a ton of picks to rebuild 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Kind of like the guy we already had on the roster. McCoy is better than any RB on the team now. Stupid move cutting him. He loved playing in Buffalo. He would be amazing in this offense. 

I didn't like the move either.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Each of these RB ideas become dumber than the last. The days of paying RBs huge $$ are OVER!!!!

You don't understand how the cap and NFL works. You can pay Bell for the next two years and have zero issues with the cap. If they release Murphy and Star at the end of the year and let Lawson walk they will have over 100 million in cap space.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Bills fans and RB, it's almost like an obsession with some. Singletary is the future here, embrace it!

Singletary has talent, but he's never going to carry the entire load, like Bell is capable of doing.  He's just not that kind of back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gase never wanted him and had no idea how to use him. They are now in tank mode, might as well get something for him

You would think the Jets would be better off keeping their players and getting rid of Gase....

#AssBackwards

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You don't understand how the cap and NFL works. You can pay Bell for the next two years and have zero issues with the cap. If they release Murphy and Star at the end of the year and let Lawson walk they will have over 100 million in cap space.

I have no interest in them paying him for even 2 years

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gase never wanted him and had no idea how to use him. They are now in tank mode, might as well get something for him

So we're no longer worried about the Jets beating us out for that last wildcard spot?

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

And then they'd have to rebuild half the DL, so you might fix one area if you bring in Bell, but if you're swapping out three players to manage his salary, you're creating an even bigger issue, especially since you're removing three players from the same position group. Lawson hasn't lived up to the first round status, but he's been effective this season and I wouldn't mind them bringing him back but I think they're gonna offer a modest deal and he's gonna be looking for the big payday. Lotulelei and Murphy aren't really breaking the bank that much. And I know the numbers aren't there for them right now but McDermott's defenses, save for a season or two in Carolina, have never been known as sack machines. I'd certainly like to see them scheme up more pressure rather than just sending four almost every time. Seems like they have the talent in the secondary to be able to send more than four on occasion but we'll see what happens, I guess.