Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If other teams we are competing with make impactful moves, and we don't, it will not be well received.

If by not well received, you mean there will be Luddites around here bemoaning that we're not doing anything and we want to lose, then yes.

But if you mean not well received by people who understand football and know that you don't make a trade just because other teams are, then no. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If other teams we are competing with make impactful moves, and we don't, it will not be well received.

Agree. This is not about making a move just to make one. It’s about trying for a playoff run this year while also improving the team going forward. FA may not be enough, the draft might not give immediate help at WR and next year’s schedule isn’t as easy. In short , this year matters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Something to consider as big names like Gordon and Bell are flying around.

The Bills currently have players on their roster who will match the production of the following players from 2018:   Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, Lamar Miller, Austin Ekeler and Ben Watson.

Brown=Cooks, Beasley=Tate, Gore=Miller, Singletary=Ekeler, and Knox=Watson.

Always good to get more talent, and they need it.  But sometimes its good to take a look from the outside in to see what you really have.

We need a big DT who can some penetration. Young good WR is the only thing we should spend $’s on. Not bell nor Green. Give Motor the ball more, that’s our ticket. Maybe Lorax replacement to groom for next year.

22 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Leveon for a 3rd rounder?

Sounds about right...

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I’d be all over that. My guess is it will take a 2 though since he’s in our division. 

OK, first off I almost never want the Bills to go after these type of players BUT lets look at the idea.

Whatever team would make a trade (if it will happen) will get a 16.5 million off the guarantees.

That's the amount (Spotrac) posts.

It's still a lot for a player that may or may not regain his former status but it would more or less be a "pay as you go" contract with

no real risk.

Would Le'Veon like leaving the Jets and would he feel good leaving a team with a coach that doesn't want him?

It is something to think about.

Bell and Singletary could be a tough duo.  Risk would be the pick the Jets would want.

Edited by ColoradoBills

Bell to the Bills would tip the whole division in our favor.  The Jets would be announcing to their locker room and the league that they're in full rebuilding mode under Gase - they'd implode for 2-3 years.  The Dolphins are already there.  Bell would force the Patriots to actually gameplan against the Bills on defense and would give Daboll a true chess piece to move around.  He'd also take a TON of pressure off of Allen.

I'd trade a 2nd and 3rd for him in a heartbeat and never look back.  That said, I don't want Singletary (or Gore, but less likely) going to the Jets in return.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Bell to the Bills would tip the whole division in our favor.  The Jets would be announcing to their locker room and the league that they're in full rebuilding mode under Gase - they'd implode for 2-3 years.  The Dolphins are already there.  Bell would force the Patriots to actually gameplan against the Bills on defense and would give Daboll a true chess piece to move around.  He'd also take a TON of pressure off of Allen.

I'd trade a 2nd and 3rd for him in a heartbeat and never look back.  That said, I don't want Singletary (or Gore, but less likely) going to the Jets in return.  

I think Beane is a quite a bit too enamoured with Singletary to even think about trading him, especially to a division rival. But as tantalizing as it is to think of Bell in Buffalo, he'd probably end up punching Daboll out at some point

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Something to consider as big names like Gordon and Bell are flying around.

The Bills currently have players on their roster who will match the production of the following players from 2018:   Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, Lamar Miller, Austin Ekeler and Ben Watson.

Brown=Cooks, Beasley=Tate, Gore=Miller, Singletary=Ekeler, and Knox=Watson.

Always good to get more talent, and they need it.  But sometimes its good to take a look from the outside in to see what you really have.

Like so many of us have alluded to, what is holding this team back has a lot to do with scheme and not talent. Daboll was a pre-season hot name in the coaching ranks. Based on what this offense has produced, there is no chance that he is even remotely a hot name now.

24 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Stay away from Bell.

3.2 Yards per carry after sitting a year out.

Right now he is a below average RB with a high salary.

Worst take in the thread imo.

A running backs stats doesn’t account for their status in the league.  See Dalvin Cook.  Last year, no OL.  He was a bum.  This year, much improved OL and he’s good.  So much goes into a RBs success that has nothing to do with the RB himself.

Bell has a high salary and is considered overpaid?  Sure 

to say “right now, he is a below average running back” is just ignorant.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Like so many of us have alluded to, what is holding this team back has a lot to do with scheme and not talent. Daboll was a pre-season hot name in the coaching ranks. Based on what this offense has produced, there is no chance that he is even remotely a hot name now.

That's totally wrong, I'm sorry.  The biggest problem on offense - by far - is the lack of talent to create favorable matchups.  Daboll hasn't been great (some great games, some terrible like Sunday) but he's had very little to work with.  Bracket John Brown and the whole offense shuts down.  That needs to change - they need a serious talent influx ASAP if this team is going to be competitive in December and January.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills are clearly not trying to win a Super Bowl this year.  They proved they are a paper tiger this past Sunday.  Watch the game again.  The Bills will NEVER beat a top tier team with this offense and defense. They probably could get AJ Green or Bell and still get knocked out in the 1st round.  Perhaps it is best to just stay put and wait for next year and keep building through the draft.

You can't beat good teams with  mediocre offensive and defensive lines.

Edited by FUTURIST

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That's totally wrong, I'm sorry.  The biggest problem on offense - by far - is the lack of talent to create favorable matchups.  Daboll hasn't been great (some great games, some terrible like Sunday) but he's had very little to work with.  Bracket John Brown and the whole offense shuts down.  That needs to change - they need a serious talent influx ASAP if this team is going to be competitive in December and January.

I rewatched the game last night from Sunday. I am very well aware that this is a horrible example of a game plan, but the number of times players would be open and Josh would be following his reads to not see them has to be solely placed on the way that Daboll is running the play. While your statement that the team needs more talent is 100% accurate, if we just bring in talent to the scheme, that is hardly an answer. Daboll  needs to be better or he needs to go

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills are clearly not trying to win a Super Bowl this year.  They proved they are a paper tiger this past Sunday.  Watch the game again.  The Bills will NEVER beat a top tier team with this offense and defense. They probably could get AJ Green or Bell and still get knocked out in the 1st round.  Perhaps it is best to just stay put and wait for next year and keep building through the draft.

Stupid.