Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Trying to break a stalemate on value by going public with the 'I'm out'

I think Beane is doing plenty of research.  Likely the asking price of those who actually are on the trade block (not those the fans and media think should be) is too high.  Frazier in his presser yesterday said with respect to the run defense that he thinks we have the personnel to get it fixed.  That leads me to believe it's a scheme thing perhaps?

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think Beane is doing plenty of research.  Likely the asking price of those who actually are on the trade block (not those the fans and media think should be) is too high.  Frazier in his presser yesterday said with respect to the run defense that he thinks we have the personnel to get it fixed.  That leads me to believe it's a scheme thing perhaps?

Or, Beane's already told him to figure it out with the roster already in place.

7 minutes ago, McBean said:

Stay pat.

Make no moves. Save draft picks. We need one more offseason to field a championship team.

I am of the same opinion, as unpopular as it may be. They have cap space for free agency and the draft picks to move around the draft board. They are still a year away from being serious contenders to go deep into the playoffs. 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm fine if they believe they have the personnel to regroup the run D.  It seems like they have a 2 game skid every year where the defense is randomly awful and then they figure it out again. 

On offense, i'm just sick of watching all these young QB's with a legit #1 and/or  multiple weapons.  We have an average line, running backs, wr's, te's….which is ok if Allen steps up and Daboll gets better, but we shouldn't be expecting a second year QB to elevate the offense around him.... it should be the other way around.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Strange to think that 2 years ago sitting at 5-2 they did make a trade, albeit with Carolina, to get Kelvin Benjamin.  They were weaker at WR that season, but recognized they could make the playoffs.  They proceeded to go 4-5, but found their way to the playoffs. 

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but one player isn't going to turn their offense or defense around.  It's a team with more personnel issues than can be solved at the trade deadline. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I'm fine if they believe they have the personnel to regroup the run D.  It seems like they have a 2-3 game skid every year where the defense is randomly awful and then they figure it out again. 

On offense, i'm just sick of watching all these young QB's with a legit #1 and/or  multiple weapons.  We have an average line, running backs, wr's, te's….which is ok if Allen steps up and Daboll gets better, but we shouldn't be expecting a second year QB to elevate the offense around him.... it should be the other way around.

Agreed, we don't have big play guys on either side.  Even the 3-4 Steelers have multiple IMPACT players...Smith-Schuster, Watt, Fitzpatrick, Connor.  We need those guys if we are going to take it to the next step.  Who was the defensive player on Sunday that you had faith in to change the outcome of the game when things were going poorly?  Or, the offensive player that could 'break it" at any moment?  Yeah, I can't think of him either.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, but what’s really out there that’s both available and will make a difference?

I don’t see a lot 

Right. I think Beane will ALWAYS be looking to improve the team; however, (1) it has to be a player that would help the team now and for the next 2-3 yrs, (2) a player whose current team is willing to part with, and (3)  it has to be for what Bean perceives as a fair value.

I don't see much out there

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, but what’s really out there that’s both available and will make a difference?

I don’t see a lot 

I've seen names like Robinson and Richardson floated, but the truth is that we never know who's really available until they're dealt