Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The Bills are a one and done playoff team this year so why give up assets for a WR or RB that won't make the difference. Build the lines and fill the skill with FA and draft.

I dunno, I could see them winning at Indy if they take the division. Heck, I would not mark Houston or Baltimore as lock losses either.  Sure would love to have that first playoff win in 25 years

Edited by Bills fan since 87

2 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

The defense is good enough. One above average Wr or RB on the offense could transform the whole package.

Yup, right now they need perfection from the defence to have a chance, the offence is struggling to score but if they were a bit improved, then the defence not being perfect is a big concern cause they aren't also carrying the offence.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Can we publicly stone anyone who starts a separate trade thread?

What about axual trades, can they be stand alone?

I'm obviously not a mod, but if the Bills do make any real trades, I vote for a standalone thread for each trade.

I'm on board with a trade for someone who we plan to be part of the future.  Melvin Gordon would be someone we'd resign, and he came out and admitted holding out was a mistake.  Gordon/Singletary is one explosive backfield in both the run & pass game.   My issue with Gore is he simply keeps us on track.  Defenses know he's not a threat out of the backfield and he's just going to battering ram himself up the A/B gaps.  He serves a purpose, but i'll admit I got extremely jealous watching the Eagles rotate Howard/Sanders.

I certainly don't feel we're a guaranteed loss in the Playoffs.   This team is extremely young, and new with each other.  We're assuming no growth/cohesion throughout the course of the year?

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Frez said:

I don't see the Bills making any trades today. 

If we do, I think DT, WR, TE are the priorities. 

We shall see! 

This is likely the truth. McBeane may realize this team has too many holes still that trading a high pick and taking on salary isn't going to help in the long run. Stay the course, bite hard, trust the process.

The problem.is everyone wants to build some super dynasty team like the Pats and the belief is it can only be done if you use all your picks in the draft and are given time. What they need to do is take advantage of what they have now and build on it. Make the playoffs this year and you are viewed as a team on the rise, players gain experience and confidence and the Bills become slightly more attractive to good FAs. Making a splash today shows the team that management has confidence in them this year of doing something and that they are looking to win now.

No one is saying to go and throw their entire draft out to go get a rental player, but using some picks to get an impact player or 2 now isn't going to hurt them and the future

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

I missed that as well - thanks for posting!  Billings is intriguing, as 1-tech DT is a position I think we could really use help at.  I'm not really feeling any of the others, because either they're unrealistic (like Von Miller or Mike Evans), maybe realistic but would cost too much, or just aren't really upgrades (like Taylor Gabriel).  AJ Green is the maybe exception there, but if I'm Beane, I wouldn't trade for him without getting his medical info first.  With no guarantee he's more than a rental for this year, you need to be really confident that he's going to be healthy, and likely to stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is likely the truth. McBeane may realize this team has too many holes still that trading a high pick and taking on salary isn't going to help in the long run. Stay the course, bite hard, trust the process.

No move today is going to put them to the top as favorites against NE or SF, but an impact player may move them from 'not a real 5-2 team' to 'possible tough playoff team'. Making the playoffs (without a fluke play by another team) on their own and having confidence that they won't be one and done like the last time will go much further to develop this team then a couple more 3-5 the rounders added to the roster and waiting again til next year to see progress

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

No move today is going to put them to the top as favorites against NE or SF, but an impact player may move them from 'not a real 5-2 team' to 'possible tough playoff team'. Making the playoffs (without a fluke play by another team) on their own and having confidence that they won't be one and done like the last time will go much further to develop this team then a couple more 3-5 the rounders added to the roster and waiting again til next year to see progress

I understand your logic, just don’t agree. We’re going to need superior players at Edge & WR. Neither of which likely come from the Draft in their 1st year -especially with how McDermott treats them. IF we can land a stud player from either position today, it significantly helps us this year and the future.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yup, right now they need perfection from the defence to have a chance, the offence is struggling to score but if they were a bit improved, then the defence not being perfect is a big concern cause they aren't also carrying the offence.

Wait...what?

As poor as the defense looked Sunday, there is not an elite team in the AFC.  The Patriots offense is average at best.  The Cheifs defense is poor.  Those are the expected top of the AFC.  The bridge isnt that far.  The offense needs some help.  Allen's growth is as far as the Bill's will go.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

As poor as the defense looked Sunday, there is not an elite team in the AFC.  The Patriots offense is average at best.  The Cheifs defense is poor.  Those are the expected top of the AFC.  The bridge isnt that far.  The offense needs some help.  Allen's growth is as far as the Bill's will go.

I agree. it feels like people think the whole team sucks suddenly. That teams are going to run the ball up and down the field against them,. and that the offense will never score more than 14 points.

I like this team, I just think the offense could really use a guy at a skill position that is a notch better than what they have now.