Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

1.  Yannick

No other trades will have the immediate impact on our play than that of an edge rusher.  

2.  Melvin is a nice fit and we have the $ room to give him his deal. We would be set with Singletary playing the Ekeler role. 

3.  AJ Green - well because he's AJ Green and, like many of us over the years, just cannot help but to be attracted to the shiny new object.

I think we're in for a BIG letdown. Our most glaring need that isn't really being mentioned by media is DT. We need a BIG run stopper. Seeing Ted Washington before the game Sunday reminded me how much a massive DT can reek havoc on a run game. I'd also like to see another MLB. WR or RB is not a necessity unless there's an opportunity we can't pass up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Gordon makes the most sense.  Gore is on borrowed time and they clearly think Singletary is a change of pace guy.  Allen needs an upper echelon RB who isn’t one dimensional.  Gordon is available.  

We don't need another running back.  We need an OC who knows how/when to use the running backs we have. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Ryan Bates, 2nd and 4th round pick for Trent Williams and Josh Norman.... Levi Wallace has been a liability the last 2 weeks and yes, Josh Norman may not be that much of an upgrade but atleast he know's McDermott's defense and is an immediate plug and play. By taking on his contract though it allows the Bills to get Trent Williams for Bates and 2 picks and move Dawkins to RT. I would love to get a pass rusher or a WR but the prices on the market are too steep for the deals Beane would like and that is why they won't go that route.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillDozer74 said:

I think the both sides of the LINE need support. Pass-blocking, and Run-stopping. No point in ponying up for a deep threat when we can't give the kid the time to get it there.

Oh, what nonsense. There have been plenty of opportunities to throw deep, and hitting some deep balls pulls defenders off the line. 

Allen is elusive enough to buy time for deep throws, too. 

Hitting them is of course, a whole different thing.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We don't need another running back.  We need an OC who knows how/when to use the running backs we have. 

I think people are overrating Gore. He has had some timely runs, but they don't ask him to carry the offense. A back that can take over a game is a great asset that gives a team many more options when the opposition can shut down your QB.

The Bills don't have that option right now.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I’ll concede it’s hard to trade for another RB based on the offense’s usage of the position this year.  But I guess I’m giving McDermott and his coaching staff the  benefit of the doubt.  I think they’d use their RB’s more if they had more faith in them.  

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Gordon makes the most sense.  Gore is on borrowed time and they clearly think Singletary is a change of pace guy.  Allen needs an upper echelon RB who isn’t one dimensional.  Gordon is available.  

But Gordon isn't good this year - that's the problem.

• Like (+1) 1