Is it time for a dome?

Big Blitz

8 hours ago, ALF said:

Did the Bills ever take a survey of season ticket holders of the type of new stadium they want ?  How much more in ticket prices they would be willing to pay for a indoor stadium ?   

Yes. Terry and Kim conducted a wide survey. Many here participated.

They haven't released the results yet. But the structure of the questions will provide the data you are looking for if it is ever released.

I suspect we'll find people talk a good bluster when it comes to stadium quality and cost; but when the rubber hits the road and translates into higher ticket costs and/or PSLs.. people will back off. Before you know it, the Bills are playing at All High Stadium.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

3-2 = winning record. Indy game, still a win. Both those would be different if the weather was better. The snow was what kept Indy from winning. So agree to disagree. ?

Indy was 4-12 that year.

IIRC the weather actually made it a lot closer of a game than it should have been so it seems like the weather came close to hurting the Bills in this situation since it leveled the playing field against an inferior opponent.

Edited by Metal Man
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Indy was 4-12 that year.

IIRC the weather actually made it a lot closer of a game than it should have been so it seems like the weather came close to hurting the Bills in this situation since it leveled the playing field against an inferior opponent.

Kind of like that 8-0 loss to Cleveland back on Dec 16, 2007. Aren't you glad football is played in the elements?  So much better. <_<

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My point is if snow and cold were such a huge advantage, the Bills would be undefeated, not a hair over .500.  Weather advantage = fake news.

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Bills have sucked for 20 years could it? 

My point is that the weather has helped the Bills more than hurt them in their existence. The 90's Bills thrived on beating teams in bad weather.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Bills have sucked for 20 years could it? 

Jeff Wright and Carlton Bailey didn't let a little bit of snow and cold weather get in the way of a huge play.

• Like (+1) 1

Is it time for powdered wigs to come back as a fashionable look? NO

Is it time for the government to put Richard Nixon's face on Mt. Rushmore? NO

Is it time for Ford to revive and begin producing the Pinto once again? NO

Is it time for the Bills to place Chris Kelsay's name on the Wall of Fame? NO

Is it time for Francis Ford Coppola to make Godfather IV starring Vin Diesel as the new Don? NO

Is it time for the Buffalo Bills to play in a dome? Hell No!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Is it time for powdered wigs to come back as a fashionable look? NO

Is it time for the government to put Richard Nixon's face on Mt. Rushmore? NO

Is it time for Ford to revive and begin producing the Pinto once again? NO

Is it time for the Bills to place Chris Kelsay's name on the Wall of Fame? NO

Is it time for Francis Ford Coppola to make Godfather IV starring Vin Diesel as the new Don? NO

Is it time for the Buffalo Bills to play in a dome? Hell No!

The new Godfather would have to be Adam Sandler.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

My point is that the weather has helped the Bills more than hurt them in their existence. The 90's Bills thrived on beating teams in bad weather.

There are too many factors to say one way or another if weather helps the Bills win. You're opinion is it does, mine is it doesn't. But do you spend hundreds of millions on an open air facility just for the one time every few years where the weather gets so bad you get that alleged advantage? And what do you give up? Attendance? Free agents? The ability to monetize a stadium outside of football season?

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Come on now: that was Ohio snow, not western NY snow. It blows differently. 

always seemed the opposite in snow conditions for Cleveland and Buffalo during fall road trips.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Kind of like that 8-0 loss to Cleveland back on Dec 16, 2007. Aren't you glad football is played in the elements?  So much better. <_<

How many games have been played like that, in Buffalo, in the last 20 years?  

It just doesn't happen that often.

When it last happened a few years ago, 7 out of 10 fans around here seemed to positively LOVE the game.

There were a few dissenting voices in the game thread, but folks really got into the snow and craziness.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

How many games have been played like that, in Buffalo, in the last 20 years?  

It just doesn't happen that often.

When it last happened a few years ago, 7 out of 10 fans around here seemed to positively LOVE the game.

There were a few dissenting voices in the game thread, but folks really got into the snow and craziness.

Right. So do you build an open air stadium just for that rare snow game?

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There are too many factors to say one way or another if weather helps the Bills win. You're opinion is it does, mine is it doesn't. But do you spend hundreds of millions on an open air facility just for the one time every few years where the weather gets so bad you get that alleged advantage? And what do you give up? Attendance? Free agents? The ability to monetize a stadium outside of football season?

Consider me old school, I'd rather sit in crappy weather than inside a controlled climate. I can't picture watching the Bills play inside. The "home" games in Toronto were horrible. I'm 51 now and still love the outdoor atmosphere. Maybe that'll change the older I get. But for now, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. I'm psyched for this Sunday as the weather is gonna be good football weather. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If a new stadium is open air , then a better location with less snow and wind would help (sorry Hammer) just a thought. 

I would think the players would prefer indoor and free agents who have a choice where to go.

It depends how much the owners and season ticket holders want to spend.

If New Era is sound enough , more remodel would be the cheapest. Add more restrooms and upgrade the present ones.

Edited by ALF