Trubisky, hanging on by a thread

zow2

On 10/28/2019 at 7:17 PM, Rocket94 said:

I live in Chicago now, and the fans that I meet don't want to talk about Trubisky.

That sent a chill down my spine, Rocket.

I don't believe that will be us next year...but still...please, please don't let that be us next year.

Again, don't think it will be if no other reason I just think these two are built differently from the ground up, regardless of their football statistic similarities.

BTW, also annoying that a team like Chicago still doesn't take any heat for not taking Mahomes.

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It's kind of working, HUDS.

I feel no reason to turn on the TV when the Bears are playing.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't believe that will be us next year...but still...please, please don't let that be us next year.

If it is, dare I say it, then I may have to take an extended sabbatical away from TSW. My keyboard will prolly catch fire just from the burning hulk of what's left of TBD melting down. :worthy:

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Post of the day x2! Your certificate suitable for framing is being printed with all due care somewhere along the coast in Indonesia as we speak...I can't promise it doesn't involve non-green warehouse production practices, but we do what we can in the 1st world to get by!

• Haha (+1) 2

Again, don't think it will be if no other reason I just think these two are built differently from the ground up, regardless of their football statistic similarities.

BTW, also annoying that a team like Chicago still doesn't take any heat for not taking Mahomes.

Please...lets try not to think that way...I don't have a back up plan! lol!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If it is, dare I say it, then I may have to take an extended sabbatical away from TSW. My keyboard will prolly catch fire just from the burning hulk of what's left of TBD melting down. :worthy:

HUDS, I am such a terrible fan.  As maybe you are the only person around here who would notice my absence, other than the Board members I owe money (SDS is killing me on the membership fees here...I didn't even know there were any!), it is obvious that I disappear after losses.

I just don't like focusing on them or talking about them after losses or bad games.  There is nothing I can do about it and it doesn't bring me any joy so I just do other things during the week.

...like the lost art of macrame.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

WGR, One Bills Drive ran a poll last week about the "scariest" scenario for the Bills in the second half of the season.  There was a choice about the run D, another about injuries and another that I can't remember.  But, I voted for the option that said that the Bills passing offense failed to improve.  If you believed as many did that 2019 is AAA, All About Allen, then to enter the 2020 offseason with widespread, legitimate doubt about his status within the organization sends them into the Trubusky/Mariota zone and that's a scarey place to be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

HUDS, I am such a terrible fan.  As maybe you are the only person around here who would notice my absence, other than the Board members I owe money (SDS is killing me on the membership fees here...I didn't even know there were any!), it is obvious that I disappear after losses.

I just don't like focusing on them or talking about them after losses or bad games.  There is nothing I can do about it and it doesn't bring me any joy so I just do other things during the week.

...like the lost art of macrame.

I feel a new thread topic coming on--what do you do in the (hopefully) infrequent event that the Bills lose to take your mind away from the L? I'm with ya, I don't relish jumping on here and seeing how many new knee-jerk reaction hot takes I have to scroll through before finding anything with substance to review. That said, sometimes misery also loves company, and we have certainly turned that trusim into a fine wine, well aged over the course of the previous generation, no?

In other news, were you aware that your favorite other thing during a week after an L, also boasts Vlogs devoted to it? A quick perusal comes up with this--I especially appreciate the finer points of the rainbow trout! Carry on. :thumbsup:

http://macramecollective.com/news/

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hat trick of TD’s for everyone’s favorite whipping boy.  

not a bad day for him but a bit of a mirage though. He threw for 170 yds and 3 TDs. The key was no picks or fumbles. The Bears only had 220 yds of Total offense. Not very good vs a Detroit club that give up chunks of yardage.

Tannehill had a similar day, only 180 yds passing but was supported by a huge running game...and no turnovers.  That’s the recipe.

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

not a bad day for him but a bit of a mirage though. He threw for 170 yds and 3 TDs. The key was no picks or fumbles. The Bears only had 220 yds of Total offense. Not very good vs a Detroit club that give up chunks of yardage.

Tannehill had a similar day, only 180 yds passing but was supported by a huge running game...and no turnovers.  That’s the recipe.

Either way, both QBs walked away with W's, scoring more then 20 points, and one of them did it against a winning team...........

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the one hand, I did think he played well last night.  Took a dose of "fearless".  RPO seems to suit him.

On the other hand, Dallas played like their souls had left the stadium, after placing their manhoods in a Blind Trust.

7 tds in 2 weeks.     Money Mitch is heating up.   

The bears are “ in the mix “  at 7-6 

Edited by Teddy KGB

The Cowboys this Thursday were a remarkable simulacrum of the Cowboys last Thursday. 

And Mitch was a remarkable simulacrum of Josh.

It's almost as if the Bears all sat down and watched the Thanksgiving game and then did exactly the same things the Bills did to dismantle the Cowboys.

And the result was almost precisely the same. Strong opening drive for the Cowboys, horrific defense, desperation offense flailing, made it look semi-respectable in garbage time.

Right now, the Bills and Bears are about the two most similar teams in the NFL. (But I do much prefer Josh going forward.)

Edited by The Frankish Reich