Trubisky, hanging on by a thread

zow2

5 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Have you looked at our opponents?  We play the NFC West which is very strong, the AFC West, and likely Texans/colts and Browns/Steelers.  But ya I'm a little hasty on it, there might be a team bus crash or something that just tears some of these teams current rosters asunder.

this is dark!

20 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lmao.    What has David Montgomery and Trey Burton ever done.      Be honest ?

David Montgomery should change his name to guy whose not as good as Jordan Howard. 

Taylor Gabriel is a midget masquerading as a #2 wideout. 

Its Just Allen Robinson.   

Fair point, but I believe in their talent, as they've shown flashes.  It is my belief that with better QB play you'd see a significant tic in production from the entire offense.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, WotAGuy said:

There’s lots of different anomalies.  The one I initially described was Mahomes’ instant greatness leading to unrealistic expectations for other young QBs. I believe that to be true and people’s impatience with Josh Allen is in part, I believe, because Mahomes and maybe Watson have excelled very quickly.  Their success is still, to me, an anomaly and not the norm. May have to put Lamar in with them as this year progresses. 

Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the lower part of the first round and sat for a good while behind Farve before getting his shot. His greatness is hard to judge as an anomaly because he had to sit behind a Hall of Famer. I wonder if he would have been instantly great like Mahomes. He was good, not great his first full season after sitting for three years. His second starting season was pretty great. 

Brees took a while to become great. Eli, Peyton and Rivers all took some time to become great. Those are becoming dated examples, but the fact is until very recently, young QBs took a while to play at a very high level. That’s why I consider Mahomes an anomaly.

Extremely dated examples. I wouldn’t call “since 2005” very recently.

Trubisky is more than likely a bust. I thought they got him going to the point where he would be a startable QB on a good team. But he looks completely lost. I know the Bears supporting offensive talent has regressed but he shouldn't be that terrible. They are likely going to bring in a vet QB to "compete" with him next year and boot him out after declining that 5th year option.