Trubisky, hanging on by a thread

zow2

28 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Understood.  But I don’t have any worries at this point.  Josh has barely a full season of games played. He was at a smaller school.  He had many detractors and criticisms coming out in the draft. His development seems commensurate with all those factors. Some guys just take longer to develop and begin to excel. I think draft position creates unrealistic expectations as well. The draft is still largely a crap shoot. 

My friend, Minshew was a sixth rounder out of East Carolina and Wash State. He hasn’t played half of a full season in the NFL. He didn’t even take starter reps in preseason. M He has managed to throw 13 TDs to 2 picks. He has a 98 passer rating. He is throwing to something called DJ Chark and Chris Conley. 

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Trubisky sucks.  He has weapons all over the field and a good defense.

Funny enough, if the Bears were able to trade for a recently benched Andy Dalton, they'd be a pretty good team.

So would we. I think Dalton beats the Pats. I think Dalton makes the Eagles game close.

13 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Midway through 2020 season will too be the accurate time to kind of give up on Allen as well if he doesn't improve from his current play.

Our 2020 schedule is so difficult, if Allen is below average we won't win more than 4-5 games.  We'll be in line to draft his replacement

We're actually in a good position being married to Allen as our starter through the 2020 season, however which way it pans out.

oh no.  no you didn't...

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Dude, you have to consider the 2020 draft and FA as well.

Some teams got A WHOLE LOT BETTER

can you believe that on this date...october 30, 2019...the year of our lord, someone actually tried to reference how hard the schedule would be the following season?  i want to punch holes in dry wall right now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, teef said:

can you believe that on this date...october 30, 2019...the year of our lord, someone actually tried to reference how hard the schedule would be the following season?  i want to punch holes in dry wall right now.

Same day that McDermott completely went off the handle and vaguely said something that could be construed as moderately offensive to an unknown party, while arguably being possibly slightly hypocritical.

Something's going on....

On 10/28/2019 at 10:50 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Most QB’s who are good though are usually pretty good by their second or third year though. Your initial point was about unrealistic expectations though, and there’s nothing unrealistic about expecting young QB’s to be good by their second to third years because, again, most good QB’s are good by that time.

The anomalies are really the sucky QB’s in years 2-3 eventually becoming good. 

Whoa whoa whoa, you are letting facts get in the way of the good story people still want here.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Not really. None of those guys is in the same class as Mahomes. Maybe Watson makes me wonder a little, but the others aren’t “great”. But the performance of those guys may raise expectations for some people I suppose.

But, I will say that the league is changing in that it is becoming more and more commonplace for a rookie to step in and have sporadic success in the form of 300-yard games and multi-TD games.  

Allen’s peak so far seems to have been the Miami game last year when he had 5 TDs. Personally, I think he has improved a lot this year and hopefully that trend will continue. He will require some patience for sure.  

I think your general point is good, but I also think that Watson and Wentz are at least very good (better than good) with greatness potential in them. And you can't argue with Goff's production. 

I mean, just look at Watson's numbers. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

Edited by dave mcbride

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Same day that McDermott completely went off the handle and vaguely said something that could be construed as moderately offensive to an unknown party, while arguably being possibly slightly hypocritical.

Something's going on....

so close to halloween!

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

My friend, Minshew was a sixth rounder out of East Carolina and Wash State. He hasn’t played half of a full season in the NFL. He didn’t even take starter reps in preseason. M He has managed to throw 13 TDs to 2 picks. He has a 98 passer rating. He is throwing to something called DJ Chark and Chris Conley. 

And thus my point about the draft being a crap shoot. Minshew wasn’t on anyone’s radar and apparently he can really play. He may be playing better than he did in college. He is another anomaly, albeit one that doesn’t get the press that Mahomes does.

Josh Allen is who many described him before the draft - a bit of a raw project who will take some time to develop. And that’s exactly what he has proven to be. 

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

And thus my point about the draft being a crap shoot. Minshew wasn’t on anyone’s radar and apparently he can really play. He may be playing better than he did in college. He is another anomaly, albeit one that doesn’t get the press that Mahomes does.

Josh Allen is who many described him before the draft - a bit of a raw project who will take some time to develop. And that’s exactly what he has proven to be. 

Let's give it some time to see if Minshew is a real deal or not.

He did beat the Bengals, Jets, Broncos and Titans but I've read here (today, yesterday and I'm sure tomorrow) that this means nothing.

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

How many raw projects succeed in the NFL? Isn’t their success the anomaly?

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Tarik Cohen/David Montgomery, Trey Burton and Taylor Gabriel.  All weapons to a competent QB.

Lmao.    What has David Montgomery and Trey Burton ever done.      Be honest ?

David Montgomery should change his name to guy whose not as good as Jordan Howard. 

Taylor Gabriel is a midget masquerading as a #2 wideout. 

Its Just Allen Robinson.   

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

How many raw projects succeed in the NFL? Isn’t their success the anomaly?

There’s lots of different anomalies.  The one I initially described was Mahomes’ instant greatness leading to unrealistic expectations for other young QBs. I believe that to be true and people’s impatience with Josh Allen is in part, I believe, because Mahomes and maybe Watson have excelled very quickly.  Their success is still, to me, an anomaly and not the norm. May have to put Lamar in with them as this year progresses. 

Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the lower part of the first round and sat for a good while behind Farve before getting his shot. His greatness is hard to judge as an anomaly because he had to sit behind a Hall of Famer. I wonder if he would have been instantly great like Mahomes. He was good, not great his first full season after sitting for three years. His second starting season was pretty great. 

Brees took a while to become great. Eli, Peyton and Rivers all took some time to become great. Those are becoming dated examples, but the fact is until very recently, young QBs took a while to play at a very high level. That’s why I consider Mahomes an anomaly.

11 hours ago, teef said:

Have you looked at our opponents?  We play the NFC West which is very strong, the AFC West, and likely Texans/colts and Browns/Steelers.  But ya I'm a little hasty on it, there might be a team bus crash or something that just tears some of these teams current rosters asunder.