Trubisky, hanging on by a thread

zow2

26 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Really? How many good QB’s weren’t good by their second or third year in the league??

Did I say “good”?  Nope. 
The point is most QBs do not become instantly great, like Mahomes.  People see his rise and expect someone like Allen to do the same. When he doesn’t become another anomaly, he’s viewed as a bust, or at least as failing.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Interesting story.    

Whose gonna win the next season of the bachelorette ? 

Whose gonna get the nomination for the Dems ? 

You watch the bachelorette?? ? 

Edited by Chill
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Did I say “good”?  Nope. 
The point is most QBs do not become instantly great, like Mahomes.  People see his rise and expect someone like Allen to do the same. When he doesn’t become another anomaly, he’s viewed as a bust, or at least as failing.  

Most QB’s who are good though are usually pretty good by their second or third year though. Your initial point was about unrealistic expectations though, and there’s nothing unrealistic about expecting young QB’s to be good by their second to third years because, again, most good QB’s are good by that time.

The anomalies are really the sucky QB’s in years 2-3 eventually becoming good. 

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Chill said:

You watch the bachelorette?? ? 

So you don’t know? 

And the whole Josh/Trubisky thing has no legs ?    

Both will be good QBs when it’s all said and done.   

Book it ✊?    It’ll take longer for Mitch fwiw. 

40 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I almost feel bad for him. Almost. Everybody and Mitch Trubisky's mother knew it was a reach. 

Bit of an understatement...

They traded up from 3 to pick him over Mahomes and Watson...

It must be one of the dumbest draft/trade moves in the last 10 years...

And we beat ourselves up for trading down for Tre and a first and third rounder..

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I live in Chicago now, and the fans that I meet don't want to talk about Trubisky.

I second that living in Chicago. That guy is mud in this town. He ranks lower than Cutler’s last year and that’s pretty low. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I second that living in Chicago. That guy is mud in this town. He ranks lower than Cutler’s last year and that’s pretty low. 

Then I said, what about Josh Allen? They just look at me try to something and walk away! lol!

• Like (+1) 1

I think... Technology wrecks many a young QB. The damn green dot.  Mostly all of them except the head Cheatriot Tommy Headsets... He was born into the tech.

Eviscerate it right out of the game.  It's shellshocking them.  Learning bad habits.

But, who cares what I think.  Just let them play and learn the right way!

This was a typical example of an organization outsmarting itself & falling in love with a guy's tangibles.  Watch the film, Mitch was not good at UNC.  I had my doubts on mahomes has he is so unorthodox, but Watson was the play.  He had way more experience than MT & the guy was a winner.  

12 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

An anomaly like Mahomes raises expectations for all young QBs.  It’s often disappointing to have unrealistic expectations. 

12 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Watson has been really good as well. That doesn’t help.

And Minshew.  Wilson.

Anyway, at least the Bears got Mack for those 1st round picks....

8 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen > Trubisky. 

I don't like Trubisky at all.  He definitely lacks a certain intangible needed to be a solid QB.  

But when Allen plays the Redskins this Sunday,  keep in mind that Trubisky vs Washington this season was 25 for 31, 231 yards, 3 TD's, 1 int.  sacked 3 times.   

Not amazing but we would be gushing if Josh had that production.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Most QB’s who are good though are usually pretty good by their second or third year though. Your initial point was about unrealistic expectations though, and there’s nothing unrealistic about expecting young QB’s to be good by their second to third years because, again, most good QB’s are good by that time.

The anomalies are really the sucky QB’s in years 2-3 eventually becoming good. 

Keep saying good, but you are arguing a point with yourself. 

Mahomes was great in his very first start and has been consistently great from that point forward - many 300 yard and multi-touchdown games. He won the league MVP in his first full season of starting. If that’s not an anomaly then I guess I’m using the wrong definition.