Trubisky, hanging on by a thread

zow2

It took until week #8 of his third season for Chicago's coach to have to come out and declare that Trubisky will remain the starter.  The ESPN crew had a segment about it on Monday Night Countdown.   Showed several examples yesterday of bad plays by Mitch or conservative play calls to protect the offense from making a critical error and losing the game.  Of course they ultimately missed a FG and lost the game.  I think it was Louis Riddick tonight that said the writing is on the wall.  Nagy will be searching for a new QB in the offseason.  He's bringing down the whole offense.  And it's rough because they could have had Watson or Mahomes.

Vrabel has already kicked Mariota to the curb.  These coaches don't have time to wait around for a guy to flash some competent play.  It's a tough business.

19 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It took until week #8 of his third season for Chicago's coach to have to come out and declare that Trubisky will remain the starter.  The ESPN crew had a segment about it on Monday Night Countdown.   Showed several examples yesterday of bad plays by Mitch or conservative play calls to protect the offense from making a critical error and losing the game.  Of course they ultimately missed a FG and lost the game.  I think it was Louis Riddick tonight that said the writing is on the wall.  Nagy will be searching for a new QB in the offseason.  He's bringing down the whole offense.  And it's rough because they could have had Watson or Mahomes.

Vrabel has already kicked Mariota to the curb.  These coaches don't have time to wait around for a guy to flash some competent play.  It's a tough business.

It's a very tough business and I think GM's and coaches (and fans) might expect too much from 22-25 year olds playing what might be the toughest position in all of sports.  Not many QB's in their first 1-3 years in the NFL deliver at the level that is hoped or expected.  IMO this is exacerbated in a pass happy league that runs the ball less than it once did. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chill said:

Crossroads. Josh will be there next year. Fingers crossed, he improves. 

Exactly. So far Josh's second year looks a lot like Trubisky's second year (which, of course, wasn't bad at all, but there were signs that it might not last).  And you could say the same things about how we could've had Mahomes or Watson. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chill said:

yeah. I agree.  Next 4 games are big for him.  A chance to stack more wins and sling it around against average to below teams.

55 minutes ago, Chill said:

Josh Allen has a better arm than MT.   Hopefully he educates himself and moves from a C+/B- player to the next level.  I am bettting he will btw.

• Like (+1) 2